Subway in Jomtien has opened

ThaiBob

I've never done Subway in Thailand, but now I'm curious. Do you get to call out toppings yourself, or not? The few times I did try it in the U.S. that was a big part of their branding, that you did. So it's interesting to me if they changed that policy in Thailand. I would kind of understand that ... you need higher skill workers to pull that off. 

22 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

Which bread and which toppings, there are dozens to chose from, get real. Jinling would agree with you as it could kill of his beloved topic.

well, the two I tried were insipid. not really looking forward to try more

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I've never done Subway in Thailand, but now I'm curious. Do you get to call out toppings yourself, or not? The few times I did try it in the U.S. that was a big part of their branding, that you did. So it's interesting to me if they changed that policy in Thailand. I would kind of understand that ... you need higher skill workers to pull that off. 

You can select different breads, sauces, meats and vegetables.   U can also have them toast the bread w/ cheese and meats before adding the vegetables.   I think they have black olives, jalapenos, purple onions, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, pickles......maybe a few more items.

I went yesterday to the shop. Clean and fresh. No question. But honestly, i don't really like their Sandwiches. All their breads are somehow sloppy. The Italian Bread looks like a old french baguette. I chose the Oat Honey bread. Wasn't that bad, but imo the bread should be little bit crispy.

The best sandwiches I ate in the Netherlands and France. Not in a fast-food chain, only in small cafes. I guess Belgium and Italy have also a nice sandwich culture.

Subway i I avoid like the Plaque...., you can smell their shops a mile off.

everything looks plastic and the bread is tasteless....not for me for sure.

best Sandiwches of choice has to be the UK, great choice of bread and fillings, low fat, zero Cal etc etc, Vegetarian etc etc.

France, Itlay , Spain , stuck in a time warp, with their fillings, so for anyone health conscious no choice....

But do,like their Cakes in Europe....Scrummy....

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So perhaps it's on their special cheap price promotion options where you can't customize? 

Previously the "sub of the day" on Thursday was any sub you wanted, which left quite a lot of scope. Either way you can choose the toppings.

As fast-food sandwiches go they aren't bad. I've eaten them (very occasionally) yet I would never go into KFC or McDo or Burger King etc.

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Previously the "sub of the day" on Thursday was any sub you wanted, which left quite a lot of scope. Either way you can choose the toppings.

As fast-food sandwiches go they aren't bad. I've eaten them (very occasionally) yet I would never go into KFC or McDo or Burger King etc.

Yeah the times I've eaten there in the U.S. was on road trips where it was the best of even worse options.

OK, once on a lunch break from work and I still remember the sandwich guy when I asked for avocado saying  ... have you checked the price of avocado? Felt sorry for him as it was probably too expensive for him to buy. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So perhaps it's on their special cheap price promotion options where you can't customize? 

You can customize the vegetables and bread on any order, including the promotions.  I would, however, suggest that you have them toast the bread before adding the vegetables to get that "crunch."   Is Subway similar to Pastrami on Rye?  No. But it is what it is, the same way Taco Bell is what it is.  Usually, given Subway's extensive choices, a person can find something they like.  And after that, when you want a great Reuben that you cannot get at Subway (among other sandwiches),  go to Pastrami on Rye.

I like Subway but it is fast food so you should have realistic expectations. Yes, you can customize. I get a roast beef on wheat, I double or triple the quantity of beef and specify which toppings (and how much) I want. That can be a challenge with a staff that struggles with english but somehow we manage. 

13 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

best Sandiwches of choice has to be the UK, great choice of bread and fillings, low fat, zero Cal etc etc, Vegetarian etc etc.

France, Itlay , Spain , stuck in a time warp, with their fillings, so for anyone health conscious no choice....

Yeah,    now your talking.

just with Salt and a splash of tom sauce.              Aroy,   Mak,  Mak.  :thumbsup:

you can keep the that Foreign muck.  :giggle:

2985bf79bd06fbcddbdb7abd1ba3b0dc.jpg

Edited by onemorechang

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Yeah,    now your talking.

just with Salt and a splash of tom sauce.              Aroy,   Mak,  Mak.  :thumbsup:

you can keep the that Foreign muck.  :giggle:

2985bf79bd06fbcddbdb7abd1ba3b0dc.jpg

Thats a Chip Butty......., but if prefer my,Chips  to be more Soggy with Vinegar...

like "Jakanellas" in Scarborugh Seafront....

good memories....

15 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Dont blame ya mate, I certainly wouldnt eat bread,meat,vegetables or salad that looked like plastic.

On 10/11/2016 at 11:01 AM, robertthebruce said:

True, plastic meat and cheese, never understood why they are so popular 

Subway used the same chemical found in yoga mats to keep their bread fresh, not sure it's a good food  choice.

Subway azodicarbonamide is a chemical used “in the production of foamed plastics.” It’s used to make sneaker soles and yoga mats.

It’s also used in almost all of your Subway sandwiches, is banned across the globe, and The World Health Organization has linked it to respiratory issues, allergies and asthma. Some studies show that when heated, azodicarbonamide turns into a carcinogen.

Google: subway yoga mat, for more details. 

14 minutes ago, HLover said:

Subway used the same chemical found in yoga mats to keep their bread fresh, not sure it's a good food  choice.

Subway azodicarbonamide is a chemical used “in the production of foamed plastics.” It’s used to make sneaker soles and yoga mats.

It’s also used in almost all of your Subway sandwiches, is banned across the globe, and The World Health Organization has linked it to respiratory issues, allergies and asthma. Some studies show that when heated, azodicarbonamide turns into a carcinogen.

Google: subway yoga mat, for more details. 

That was prior to 2014, when Subway decided to remove it, even though the FDA considers it safe:

Quote from representative of Subway in 2014:

"Even though this ingredient is safe, we are removing it from Subway bread. This process began last year and is nearly completed -- we have already developed an improved bread formula, conducted extensive performance and consumer testing on it, and pending final government approvals we should complete the entire conversion process within the coming weeks," Subway said in a statement.
Subway said azodicarbonamide is "an extremely common bread ingredient that is fully approved and recognized as safe by the FDA."

Personally, I like the bread at Subway after it is toasted.  I also like the bread choices.  Thanks for reminding me about Subway, now I know where I am going tonight for dinner :) 

4 hours ago, johng said:

If its banned across the globe how can Subway get hold of this killer chemical ? maybe they have their own killer chemical factory producing it along with other WMD.

Do some research and you can answer your own enlightened questions and strange theories.