Online Degree from a Recognized University?

KevT

I got an online degree from WGU, a regionally accredited university. I have not gone to Thailand yet. However, I have noticed a few ads from schools that say they don't honor online degrees. I'm not sure how widespread this is. I would also be interested to hear from people in Thailand who have experience with this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you had a valid license from your own country, that you obtained with the o line degree, that would mean a lot.  University of Phoenix comes to mind....terrible online school, and about 500 USD per credit hour for a 33 hour post baccalaureate...but the 9 credit hours...half a school year of student teaching is done the traditional way.  I also knew a guy going to u of Cincinnati to get administrator certification.  At least that school has a real campus.

A post critical of grammar has been removed along with a reply.  

It is against the forum rules.   It is trolling and continuing will earn a formal warning and a possible suspension.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 6:32 AM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I think if you had a valid license from your own country, that you obtained with the o line degree, that would mean a lot.  University of Phoenix comes to mind....terrible online school, and about 500 USD per credit hour for a 33 hour post baccalaureate...but the 9 credit hours...half a school year of student teaching is done the traditional way.  I also knew a guy going to u of Cincinnati to get administrator certification.  At least that school has a real campus.

I just finished at WGU. $2,890 per 6-month term, take all the classes you can. They're accredited and I'm grateful such a cost-effective way was available. I finished in two terms, working day and night. The only odd thing is they don't post grades. The transcripts explain that credits demonstrate a student performing at at least a "B" level. I know it almost sounds like a paid ad, but I'm just thrilled that the next cheapest option was going to cost $22,000.

Archived