Youth, 16, loses a hand in his mum's ice dicing machine

rooster59

Youth, 16, loses a hand in his mum's ice dicing machine

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuq7YRQ6PZNImbnT3HDSe7iP1yqYIvSwjRBbmGg7.jpg

Image: Thairath

ANG THONG:-- Our picture this morning shows an Ang Thong policeman at an ice factory after a 16 year old boy got his hand caught in a machine used for cutting up ice.

The boy, Sakpon Khiawnoi, was helping his mum Wanisa, 44, who is the owner of the factory in Talat Luang sub-district.

His hand was sliced off at the wrist and cut into pieces. The policeman is pointing at some of the bits left over after the boy was rushed to Ang Thong hospital.

The mother told police that he slipped while helping her out. 

A witness who was eating nearby dashed over and picked up a fair sized chunk of what was sliced off and put it in some ice so that it could be taken to the hospital with the victim.

Manit Nakphaibun of the Ang Thong police saw the victim at the hospital then went to the factory to investigate further and found a lot of blood and a lot of leftover pieces of the boys right hand in the machine.

He will investigate further.

The report did not contain any information about what doctors were able to do to help the boy.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-09

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Children shouldn't be allowed around dangerous machines or factories in general... The lack of care for human life and basic safety standards here is truly appalling. 

So young and left maimed for life. 

I sincerely hope he is a bright lad who is good in school. Otherwise his future could be quite bleak. 

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

As saddened I am by the story, I really am disgusted by the smiling BiB. Deplorable, unprofessional and just so very, very wrong.,  *sigh*  Rant over.

Laughing Policeman

This picture is gross besides that idiot showing not a bit of sympathy for the poor boy. At times this is the kind of thing that makes one despise Thais. :coffee1:

Edited by ScotBkk

6 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Laughing Policeman

This picture is gross besides that idiot showing not a bit of sympathy for the poor boy. At times this is the kind of thing that makes one despise Thais. :coffee1:

IMO , The Policeman isnt laughing or smiling at all .

Its a serious sad commiserations, grimacing  kind of look .

And you despise ALL Thais because you think one Policeman is smiling !!!!!

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Sorry, but if you can not see that the guy is smiling, then you seriously need help... Either with your eyes or your head.

2 minutes ago, khunpa said:

That picture just says just says it all. 

Pointing and Smiling at a cut-off hand... Brilliant example of how messed up people are in this place.

That really isnt a smile .

TV posters looking for and trying to find anything negative about any thing and everything involving Thais , kind of shows their mentality

11 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Sorry, but if you can not see that the guy is smiling, then you seriously need help... Either with your eyes or your head.

That is rather extreme .

Because IMO ,  a person isnt smiling, then I should go and see an optician or psychiatrist .

And ScottBKK thinks that I should take medication !!!!!!!

You guys need to accept other peoples opnions

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Can we just despise all Thai Policemen? That would be sufficient.

Cutting machines need to have guards over the blade and automatic cut-off devices so you cannot just "slip" and cut off your hand. (I don't believe the "slipping" tale by the way). Operatives need to be trained in safety. Inexperienced operatives should be monitored.

I would wager none of the above safeguards was observed.

Edited by Briggsy

5 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

Can we just despise all Thai Policemen? That would be sufficient.

You can certainly do what you want .

But would you find it quite reasonable if all Thai Policeman despised all Foreigners based on one photo of a foreigner with a disputable smile/grimace  in a photo  ?

I am afraid that there was no teaching moment on the SAFE use of the machine. Son please go over and shred some ice for me.

But good to hear that as he had slipped, it was NOT his fault. that pesky wet floor caused it. More reason for the  safety training. And yesterday his job was to sweep the shop floor.

I hope they had some semblance of accident or disability insurance............................

All so sad and preventable.

Just now, sanemax said:

Yes . Is it acceptable to despise a group of people based on just one of them and that ones actions ?

No it is definately not BUT im going to be the ringer of bad news and say its a very common occurrence here. Thais side with anothers point of veiw regardless of facts or another side to the story. 

Your right. Its not right. I agree 200% but asking if thais doing the same is fine...?Well, it appears so to many a thai (not all)

2 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

Laughing Policeman

Agreed, just nasty and voyeuristic, like some of the sick stuff that does the rounds on facebook. Some people seem to thrive on it though.

12 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Agreed, just nasty and voyeuristic, like some of the sick stuff that does the rounds on facebook. Some people seem to thrive on it though.

This kind of reporting is common in the 3rd World and such pictures are not unique to Thailand.

Some of the stuff posted on "facebook" is indeed disgusting and often originates from the West, the Middle East or parts of South Asia.