Questions.....questions

joepattaya1961

Part 2: Walking Street between P21.00 - 22.30 etc. :

- Sois Yamato & Post-Office. Same sad streets as for many years. Even worse so, with no or very low music from the mostly open bars.

- Pattayaland  1 & 2, or what's left of them -  parts have been dark and for sale many months already. The few bars left, were mostly open, 3 of the 5 ? Gogos open, seemed dead, with music. Gay district (from far :smile:) seemed all open and quite busy. 

- Did not check Beer-Garden , but seemed lights on and open. So was the beer-baar complex just before W. Str. with some reduced music, quite busy and no much different than other days.

- Walking Str. All Gogos seemed open. Most, if not all seemed to play music as usual. Some door-girls were dressed more decent, some in their regular "uniform". All neons on. A couple life-music open-venues dark/closed, but most open with DJ and NO live-music. None of the bars, enclosed or open seemed very busy. Traffic was quite OK, a good low-season night. ZERO CHINESE GROUPS!!!! WOW, felt weird, never seen that in years, no busses in the area, neither. Many Indians, fewer Europeans and even fewer Russians, some Koreans, Malays and a few Japs in the Gogos.

Beach Rd. was rather quiet with the usual mix of coconut-ladies, slow traffic and mostly Indians and a bit of the usual mix. Dark, smelly dirty & depressing beachfront, what a pity!  

Overall we could say a first-timer might not even realize things are a bit different. Just like the "last-few year-comers" will never realize how much fun it used to be here 8-20 years ago. But I guess my father & grandfather said the "same-same"....Good night all.  MS>

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from W S and a shufti up as far as Soi Yamato.

As the above, W S open as usual except no live music.

Not many people when I first arrived, but by 23 30 seemed about normal.

Noticeable by their absence were the Chinese crocodiles, but they may have finished before I arrived.

The Beer Garden was doing good business. Same can't be said for Soi Yamato.

If anyone wants a massage, there are seemingly hundreds of ladies, and boys, eager for your feet. Most of the restaurants seemed deserted.

Definitely, there is not much traffic, and the number of dead head idiots has greatly reduced. It's actually safe to cross the road.

If international news organizations are saying Pattaya is closed for fun ( if only by association with Bkk ), It's not true.

Re clothing. There is no compulsion to wear any particular colour. Situation normal around the parts of Pattaya I saw. However, many girls were wearing very nice little black dresses- an improvement on the usual attire.

Lots of locals wearing any colour shirt with a black ribbon.

I not see even one Thai with a black ribbon. I would buy a black armband. But no idea where to buy. I have still an 10 Year old yellow armband which sais "long live the king". It was very popular. But now I guess not appropriate anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I not see even one Thai with a black ribbon. I would buy a black armband. But no idea where to buy. I have still an 10 Year old yellow armband which sais "long live the king". It was very popular. But now I guess not appropriate anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've had a small black ribbon for past 3 days. Got them upstairs in the Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang