Questions.....questions

joepattaya1961

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, thai006 said:

that mean  for a yeaer  disco , gogo , everything gonna be close around Thailand ? 

<snip>

They are talking about November 13-14th 2016 and NOT 2017.

Edited by MJCM

7 minutes ago, raro said:

local 7/11 as well as the Tesco have signs on the fridge saying no alcohol sales from today to 17th. 

To answer my own question, you still can have a drink at a mom&pop. At least at my regular one but if it's possible tomorrow? No idea.

7 minutes ago, raro said:

local 7/11 as well as the Tesco have signs on the fridge saying no alcohol sales from today to 17th. 

8 minutes ago, raro said:

Called in Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang, no alcohol till the 16th 

Finally: Thai Authorities know that the Thai's working in the Bar/Entertainment Business can not afford to go on a 30 day holiday.
After 2 to 3 days, it will be "business as usual". Just with no music. Can be a blessing. (30 days with no pickups driving by, equipped with boom-boxes going full blast!)
Cheers

2 hours ago, gerrygoat said:

Called in Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang, no alcohol till the 16th 

All 7Elevens I saw in the tourist area of Pattaya were selling Alcohol. It was running off the shelves as it was obvious people were stocking up just in case.

Most Beer Bars in Soi 6, 7, 8, Soi Buakhao, LK Metro, Walking Street and 2nd Road were open. Even the Beer Garden was open. The only difference was they were dark with no music, but many were doing a brisk trade.

All massage parlors were open. Some staff were wearing black, but most were wearing their normal colours, even red.

All market stalls were open, including the Pattaya Tai night market.

There were plenty of working girls along beach road, a lot wearing sexy black dresses, which works well for most of them.

Central Mall was quite busy. We had to wait 10 minutes to get a table at MK's. People were wearing more black than usual, but there was no sense of gloom. Shop and restaurant staff were either as friendly or unfriendly as usual.  

I was quite surprised and disappointed at the lack of respect shown around town.

Edited by tropo

I suppose the problem has been everyone knew the King would pass away one day, but it was considered disrespectful to plan for it, even lese majeste.

Now they are making the rules...

I assume there has been no rules forbidding the sale of alcohol issued hoping that retailers, bars and restaurants will take a sensible attitude, 3 days seems respectful.  

Edited by Basil B

I went up to Bangkok yesterday - in Jomtien before I left, I noticed very few Thais wearing black in the morning. In Bangkok about 99% of Thais were wearing black.

I wonder if the fact this place is geared to Entertainment and tourism affects the Thai public dress code?

11 hours ago, tropo said:

I was quite surprised and disappointed at the lack of respect shown around town.

Thx for the report. Very useful for my holiday-making mate coming next week.

And I was also surprised about the almost unnoticeable effect here in upcountry Isan.

If I didn't know about the event I would have hardly noticed that about 25% of people wore black at Tesco.

All else quite business as usual.

Bought a box of of beer at the mom&pop shop.

Shop owner had stocked up to the ceiling.

Probably expecting extra business for the holiday.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, sharecropper said:

I went up to Bangkok yesterday - in Jomtien before I left, I noticed very few Thais wearing black in the morning. In Bangkok about 99% of Thais were wearing black.

I wonder if the fact this place is geared to Entertainment and tourism affects the Thai public dress code?

It also might be due to more political / socio-economic reasons that one is not allowed to discuss in an open-forum in Thailand.

Phrachuap being an army town i was prepared for the worst  but ....

last night  market open as usual town busy with Bangkok visitors  restaurants crowded , both Thai and farangs sitting drinking beer on promenade .

A lot of Thais in black but apart from that and the promenade lights turned off business as usual here.

Today  at Ao Manao banana boats  busy  

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

The lack of black on the streets  yesterday maybe due to the fact that not all may have black shirts readily in their wardrobe

The market stalls were trying their best to change that yesterday. A lot of them had sexy black dresses displayed on their street side mannequins.

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

The lack of black on the streets  yesterday maybe due to the fact that not all may have black shirts readily in their wardrobe

Black , Gray or White Shirts or dresses are acceptable,   or a black arm band if you don't have them  colours  :jap:

Edited by onemorechang