Open, yes, but tone it down or else, say Pattaya police

webfact

Open, yes, but tone it down or else, say Pattaya police

pm6a.jpg

Picture: Facebook/Supattra

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have issued specific directives for entertainment venues to observe in the thirty day mourning period in the city.

While some of the edicts are clear others will be open to debate as to what is appropriate and what is not.

A letter from Apichai Kroppetch at the local station identified what is expected in five broad areas under the control of the police.

These were venues on main roads, venues in sealed areas like Walking Street, venues with open frontages, beer bars, and matters concerning opening hours.

"Overt" activities, live music and obscene shows are banned throughout the city. Venues may have "quiet" music.

Activities should be "appropriate" according to the situation.

Venues with open glass frontages are asked to use something to cover the windows to shield what might be happening inside from the outside.

Beer bars could open as usual without "overt" activities or loud music, no live music or obscenity.

In  controlled areas closing times were 2am and outside these areas it was 1am.

The letter said that violators would be prosecuted according to the law. The restrictions are in place for thirty days.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-18

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, napoleon3 said:

Sorry, I mean : Where or how can I report an insult on a member of the Royal Family!

Sorry sorry sorry !!!

A police station would seem to be the ideal place to report a crime.

8 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Some foreigners are really respect less. Sitting in a restaurant without a shirt. Did they grew up in the jungle?

Correct, just talking to a friend and we both agreed that LOS needs taming down, maybe this could be a permanent thing.

No loud noise from bars trying to drown each other out and nice quiet staff in bars.

Peaceful.

9 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Some foreigners are really respect less. Sitting in a restaurant without a shirt. Did they grew up in the jungle?

no Jungles   in the west  ,i never wear shirt when its hot  ,have people gone mad,or lost there brains  ,what wearing  shirt got to do with anything   ,for sure  wear shirt in temple ,church  ,but to sit in bar on the beach on holiday  why ,south france  ,most ladies don't wear  tops  ,its just normal   ,and people just don't take an  notice   ,shirt or no shirt  got nothing to do with anything  

54 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

To the police, I suppose. If it were me, I think it's best not to get involved with that stuff.

Watch out for a boomerang effect. Best to stay out. If you do not have rock solid evidence the other party could sue you for slander and on and on it goes. 

4 minutes ago, davidbond said:

no Jungles   in the west  ,i never wear shirt when its hot  ,have people gone mad,or lost there brains  ,what wearing  shirt got to do with anything   ,for sure  wear shirt in temple ,church  ,but to sit in bar on the beach on holiday  why ,south france  ,most ladies don't wear  tops  ,its just normal   ,and people just don't take an  notice   ,shirt or no shirt  got nothing to do with anything  

Just as i said. Respect-less and ignorant.

16 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Watch out for a boomerang effect. Best to stay out. If you do not have rock solid evidence the other party could sue you for slander and on and on it goes. 

Yes, as I said, best not to get involved with that stuff.

Not just now, but at any time.

Also, no one goes out of their way to get into trouble with the police, or cause trouble for others trhough them

. In any instance I steer clear of them, wouldn't even ask them for directions!

55 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

This is one of my pet hates, and brings an 'ugliness' to Pattaya. I don't want to see fat, sweaty, bare-chested men near me whilst I'm having a drink in a bar, eating a meal in a restaurant or even walking around the shops! Yes I actually see men walking around 7/11's and Mike's Mall with no shirt on... why??? It's disgusting and inappropriate. Have some decorum, wear a cotton or linen shirt if you're hot. 

It's tactless, ignorant, disrespectful and actually quite offensive, especially but not exclusively to Thai people

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Correct, just talking to a friend and we both agreed that LOS needs taming down, maybe this could be a permanent thing.

No loud noise from bars trying to drown each other out and nice quiet staff in bars.

Peaceful.

This last week has been the nicest I've known here since the curfew following the coup. I would be delighted if it continued like this indefinitely.

Edited by KittenKong

2 hours ago, napoleon3 said:

Sorry, I mean : Where or how can I report an insult on a member of the Royal Family!

Sorry sorry sorry !!!

Ru really that stupid? Yes we all know their r so many  crazy rules now for next 30 days. But keep it to urself. Remember ur a guest in this country.

Respect their law an feelings.

1 hour ago, davidbond said:

Low class Redneck, a time of respect!!

Men going without wearing a shirt on the beach, no problem, sitting in restaurants, walking about in shopping malls or any other public place, big problem.

The men who do this are disgusting ignoramas's, and I hope some bunch of Thai guys kick the shit out of them.

30 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Low class Redneck, a time of respect!!

in most food and beverage outlets in and across the US they have signs on the doors that give notice ---, NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, = NO SERVICE.............................

I personally appreciate it..................

46 minutes ago, londoedan said:

Including the vigilante actions that have been reported in several provinces, including Chonburi ?

Cant say that they affect me personally, and if people weren't doing that I'm sure they would find something equally unpleasant to do. It does make a change from the usual pickpockets, muggers and chain-snatchers etc.

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, as I said, best not to get involved with that stuff.

Not just now, but at any time.

Also, no one goes out of their way to get into trouble with the police, or cause trouble for others trhough them

. In any instance I steer clear of them, wouldn't even ask them for directions!

It is OK to ask  Thai cops directions if you do not mind contributing 100+ baht for their time. Brings to mind last year cops were randomly stopping farangs in BKK and forcing them ( men and women) to give a urine sample while on the street. Any blood alcohol and then they extort a few 1000s to keep from going to jail. Go ahead and report whatever you wish. 

2 hours ago, performance said:

People have families to feed and bills to pay. May I ask is the government going to compensate the closures? 

People mourn in there own ways. Not need being told how and when. But as they wish it's there way. 

Exactly! Why indeed would they need to enforce a ban on alcohol sales for instance if it was deemed disrespectful? Surely no one would actually want to buy alcohol?

Why ban entertainment venues from playing music? if it was disrespectful? Surely everyone would just stop playing loud music. When people start banning things, you have to wonder why.

As usual, it is the poorer people that are strongarmed into closing their businesses for a month, the ones probably living hand to mouth as it is and with a 30 day ban on being able to trade will push a lot more over the edge into debt.

Edited by Generalchaos

3 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I never heard about these.

Is there a news link please?

There was just a report on the Dutch TV News. There are also links. But I don't post it. I would strongly suggest, particularly to foreigners to obey the rules and behave respectful. Otherwise you are just a fool.

The Government gave us less restrictions than many expected. So we should be thankful for that.

I think we all need to be careful at this time.This could be open day on the ferang.Although this is a time of mourning,there will be people who will take advantage of the situation,especially if they are newbies or first timers.Its like letting a pick pocket loose in Petticoat lane at the height of the tourist season. People could end up paying out monies to others who might have convinced them that they have done something that they shouldnt.This is a very sensitive time and it could cause some to turn very nasty if it suits them.

If you get my meaning.