Trade Department to investigate Patong restaurants overcharging Chinese tourists

snoop1130

Trade Department to investigate Patong restaurants overcharging Chinese tourists

Sukawin Tanthavanich

1_20161020153125414_ZqhPlpcruSnBihIXNOdFiAKAGGFARdzrTgHFWjxQ_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- The governor of Phuket has promised to crack down on restaurants in Patong allegedly overcharging Chinese tourists.

Phuket Governor Chokchai Dejamorthan vowed to have the Department of Internal Trade investigate restaurants in the tourist hotspot at a meeting with the Vice Consul General and Head of The Phuket Consular Office, Wang Huijuan, in Songkhla yesterday.

“Ms Wang brought up several complaints made by Chinese tourists to the island, of restaurants in Patong that do not show prices and overcharge for food,” said Governor Chokchai.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Trade-Department-investigate-Patong-restaurants-overcharging-Chinese/65743?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-10-20

Thats a world wide thing, I have never been in any tourist areas where the goods were not considerably more expensive for the tourist than the local. I don't mind much as most of the locals are usually on the poor side. In florida a local drivers license will get you a much cheaper round of golf, here too.

4 hours ago, Grubster said:

Thats a world wide thing, I have never been in any tourist areas where the goods were not considerably more expensive for the tourist than the local. I don't mind much as most of the locals are usually on the poor side. In florida a local drivers license will get you a much cheaper round of golf, here too.

In Australia it is an offence and you can be charged