Notification sent to Ms Yingluck demanding 35 billion baht in compensation

webfact

1 hour ago, MZurf said:

"If it did happen that would be good (but very unlikely) and she would be seen as being a good PM, doing her job, worthy of consideration for a further term....."

Worthy of consideration by the voters or by the old elite?

Worthy of consideration by all if it happened. No need to try to create divisions.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

given that the "loss" is calculated in a way which is akin to putting numbers out of thin air, this is already nonsense.

Notice that the "loss" does not calculate the % gain to the economy from the stimulus resulting from the rice program, and if it did, the result would be a net gain and the current "government" would have to send Ms Yingluck a check... 

:smile:

What rubbish.

Actually your saying, up front, massive corruption into the mouths of the scaly yes men is Ok if the economy benefits in some way. 

In other words you don't want Thailand to escape the strangle hold of corruption and no morals politicians.

You say the economy benefited from the rice scam, but you fail to be balanced and mention that the farmers weren't paid for months whilst the red appointees tried to threaten the banks to hand over depositors funds and you don't mention more recent news that many farmers ended up in much worse debt.

On 10/21/2016 at 11:24 AM, ratcatcher said:

"Does Dad really have that much?"

I doubt Yingluck's old dad could help her, he's been dead now for many years.

OTOH her brother Thaksin may be having a whip round with his Arab friends to raise enough to help her.

Brother/Dad??????

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Worthy of consideration by all if it happened. No need to try to create divisions.

"No need to try to create divisions."

Too true. The divisions are there, they are deep and the junta are busy making them even deeper.

33 minutes ago, scorecard said:

the red appointees tried to threaten the banks to hand over depositors funds

Completely revisionist history that doesn't merit complete correction.

However, with regard to Yingluck's attempt to BORROW funds to pay for the pledged rice from BAAC who was at the time overcapitalized, the PDRC threatened bank shutdown and implied violence against  if it loaned the government funds to pay off the rice pledged rice. So BAAC rejected Yingluck's request. However, as soon as Prayut forceably came to power, BAAC rushed at his request to make the same loan that Yingluck had requested.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:48 AM, webfact said:

Notification sent to Ms Yingluck demanding 35 billion baht in compensation

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FtkrK6t0AXwSwn43egkZAwj

BANGKOK: -- A letter of notification demanding about 35 billion baht in compensation for the loss to the state from the Yingluck administration’s rice pledging scheme has been sent to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: next 15 years, ... next 50 years,............ not in your lifetime......

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

However, with regard to Yingluck's attempt to BORROW funds to pay for the pledged rice from BAAC who was at the time overcapitalized, the PDRC threatened bank shutdown and implied violence against  if it loaned the government funds to pay off the rice pledged rice. So BAAC rejected Yingluck's request. However, as soon as Prayut forceably came to power, BAAC rushed at his request to make the same loan that Yingluck had requested.

Wrong, wrong, misleading.

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Wrong, wrong, misleading.

You can repeat wrong as many times as you want, it will not change facts:

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban last night warned both commercial and state banks against any rice loans to the caretaker government with threat of facing shutdown by protesters.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-leader-warns-banks-rice-loans-government

And in case there would be any doubt about Suthep's motive, this one is also interesting :)

Anti-government demonstrators Wednesday stalled the electronic rice auction by cutting power supply at the Commerce Ministry forcing the auction to be put off to March 26.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protesters-stall-rice-auction

4 hours ago, MZurf said:

"If it did happen that would be good (but very unlikely) and she would be seen as being a good PM, doing her job, worthy of consideration for a further term....."

Worthy of consideration by the voters or by the old elite?

Oh no, the voters don't have a say, especially when it comes to second terms...

Edited by JAG

Ah well....not so bad for her.

She'll likely get it all back with interest once the current powers are turfed out and the people regain power as they eventually will on account of the current incumbents being totally inept at managing the economy ....thus alienating their erstwhile supporters.

A sort of long time investment for her ....like bonds.

Just a question of time. ?

So are they saying that she can be held personally liable for the alleged damages  Most countries don't allow senior government officials to be sued or held accountable in such a manner.  But, given that the letter and Thai law, at least the current Thai law has any meaning, does this mean that somebody could hold the General coup leader accountable for losses to the economy and state?  Who does the accounting?  Who has jurisdiction in such matters?  Oh never mind.  Just typing for the exercise

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

What rubbish.

Actually your saying, up front, massive corruption into the mouths of the scaly yes men is Ok if the economy benefits in some way. 

In other words you don't want Thailand to escape the strangle hold of corruption and no morals politicians.

You say the economy benefited from the rice scam, but you fail to be balanced and mention that the farmers weren't paid for months whilst the red appointees tried to threaten the banks to hand over depositors funds and you don't mention more recent news that many farmers ended up in much worse debt.

what rubbish, ... 

You must not be American, ... .

Which is a comment about as relevant as your reply was, ... 

See, I didn't say anything about corruption or condoning it... but you seem to want to see it that way.

I don't want to do what you just did and put words in your mouth, but you seem to be implying that the current regime is a path to escape corruption and immoral people... Again, maybe you don't feel that way, but if you do, then you would be ignoring Thailand's glorious history of corruption and immoral people ... and this junta is a direct descendent of those people. 

And you know what, whether it was the "rice scam", or some other program that helped the economy up here so much is a fine question to ask (although it is obvious that an economic stimulus as large as the "rice scam" would have a pretty significant, positive effect on the economy) but what I can clearly see with my own eyes, all around this Isaan town and others, and what has been analysed and reported elsewhere over  the last couple of years, is that the economy was doing pretty well, and now the economy is in the crapper. The people up here are suffering. That is real.

So yeah, I do say that the economy benefited from the "rice scam" ... are you going to deny that?

And yes, I do want the country to escape the stranglehold of corruption. And the military morons who taught the rest of the country what real corruption looks like (Sarit a reasonable example, but just one of an endless parade) are not the right group to do that. Or do you think differently?

Edited by tbthailand

Bit unfair really , think she should get  some discounted  credit   for being  probably the most stunning   PM  of any country at the time

while representing Thailand .

I am sure all those boring , suited , ageing Asian and other  politicians wish she was back on seat !

Pity her grasp of  commodity economics wasn't up to par .

2 hours ago, Jack100 said:

Bit unfair really , think she should get  some discounted  credit   for being  probably the most stunning   PM  of any country at the time

while representing Thailand .

I am sure all those boring , suited , ageing Asian and other  politicians wish she was back on seat !

Pity her grasp of  commodity economics wasn't up to par .

Spew...

8 hours ago, blackcab said:

I bet her husband is relieved they didn't get married on paper.

Nice comment.

Perhaps her big brother (her controller) didn't allow such 'paper' to prevent hubby getting access to the family riches.

Maybe hubby just gets to take over the mushroom farm.

(Aside: be interesting to hear a genuine current comment from hubby, not going to happen of course.)

Edited by scorecard

On 10/22/2016 at 6:15 PM, Srikcir said:

Why do you keep telling lies.

The reason YL couldn't borrow more money is that it is illegal for a Government in caretaker mode to borrow money as it will leave a debt for the next Government.

I suspect the law was wriiten to stop incumbent Governments going on a spending spree before election to buy votes

They were so stupid that they didn't organise financicing before calling for elections.   PTP had ignored so many laws previously, why not ignore some more.

1 hour ago, Gunna said:

The reason YL couldn't borrow more money is that it is illegal for a Government in caretaker mode to borrow money as it will leave a debt for the next Government.

Yes but you cite the wrong borrowing source. A caretaker government isn't allowed to borrow funds by issuing treasury bonds without the permission of the Election Commission. The Election Committee who had funding authority during a caretaker government term denied Yingluck's use of treasury bonds to pay the rice farmers as it would burden the next government with debt. Ironcially that wasn't a problem for coup leader and PM Prayut.

Borrowing from the BAAC was all together a different matter.

http://www.oryza.com/news/rice-news/thailand-agriculture-bank-rejects-use-liquidity-surplus-pay-rice-farmers    (must register for full article but its free)

PayRiceFarmersBAAC.jpg

On 21/10/2016 at 3:08 PM, scorecard said:

Well where would expect it should go?

1.  A special account with bells and whistles? or,

2.   Into general revenue where all state income goes.

Why would not be 2. above?

As a westerner I would expect it to go into general revenue, but I'm also aware that in Thailand, what westerners expect to happen rarely does happen.

However, if you are privy to facts, perhaps you would be good enough to share them with us?

1 hour ago, bheard said:

As a westerner I would expect it to go into general revenue, but I'm also aware that in Thailand, what westerners expect to happen rarely does happen.

However, if you are privy to facts, perhaps you would be good enough to share them with us?

No I am not privy to any related facts on this specific matter and I didn't suggest that I was privy ....

Perhaps you could refer back to the OP that I responded to.