May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

5 minutes ago, jpinx said:

All part of the reasoning behind Brexit.  It's bad enough trying to keep a handle on westminster politicians' noses in the trough, but watching out for sly moves in brussels is almost impossible. 

The collapse in Sterling was a sly move by Brussels?

Farage should disappear while he still can......

14 minutes ago, jpinx said:

All part of the reasoning behind Brexit.  It's bad enough trying to keep a handle on westminster politicians' noses in the trough, but watching out for sly moves in brussels is almost impossible. 

Which is why we need MEP's like Farage to look out for the sly moves in Brussels, but its a little difficult to do that if you only attend one out of 42 meetings of the fisheries committee to which you have been appointed. However lets get him into the UK Parliament I am sure that he will be as assiduous there in pursuit of the sly moves as he has been in Brussels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

What if the UK just walked away and never paid a dime.

I know that's just joshing, but what in practice could or

would the EU do about it, bearing in mind that quite a

few countries currently in the EU depend on us whether

we are in or out, although I guess we will be rogue traders

Isn't that what Juncker (my typing finger keeps wanting to change the 'r' at the end of his name to a 't' for some reason :biggrin:) was getting at the other day?

11 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

So many inane comments about Farage from the forum's hardline remainers. What relevance is he to PM May's upcoming tough negotiations on brexit? Maybe we should get back to talking about that lying bully Osborne? He's just as relevant, isn't he?

If farage  would just keep his head below the parapet we could ignore the malodorous little man....

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

So many inane comments about Farage from the forum's hardline remainers. What relevance is he to PM May's upcoming tough negotiations on brexit? Maybe we should get back to talking about that lying bully Osborne? He's just as relevant, isn't he?

How so I thought he was just a back bench MP, Farage is an MEP and constantly telling us how the Brexit negotiations should proceed. However I can understand your sensitivity to anything about the hardline Brexiter Farage and the way he has milked the EU for the past 20 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pitrevie said:

How so I thought he was just a back bench MP, Farage is an MEP and constantly telling us how the Brexit negotiations should proceed. However I can understand your sensitivity to anything about the hardline Brexiter Farage and the way he has milked the EU for the past 20 years.

I ask for his relevance to this topic (he has none, as far as I can see), and get another inane comment as a reply. Great!

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If Farago would just keep his head below the parapet we could ignore the malodorous little man....

There are quite a lot of public/semi-public figures, from both sides of the argument, piping up with their unwanted opinions, who will play no part in PM May's tough talks on brexit.

Interesting viewpoint however Junker has already stated a 'formula' is to be agreed rather than the obsession of penalising the UK with an Brexit Bill.

This further scaremongering tactics to thwart off anyone else (member states) attempting planning to leave a increasingly flawed and in denial EU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I ask for his relevance to this topic (he has none, as far as I can see), and get another inane comment as a reply. Great!

And exactly how was you comment about Osborne;s relevance any less inane? It appears that many hardline Brexiters don't like to hear the truth about Farage. Not least that he is profiting from the fall in sterling which he is partly responsible for.

4 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Interesting viewpoint however Junker has already stated a 'formula' is to be agreed rather than the obsession of penalising the UK with an Brexit Bill.

This further scaremongering tactics to thwart off anyone else (member states) attempting planning to leave a increasingly flawed and in denial EU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many more times?

Nobody is THREATENING anybody. We've been through this already. 

When you check heck out of a hotel after a splendid holiday, you check the bill and then pay. Do you feel threatened by the manager?

Just pay whatever is correct and go. 

1 hour ago, pitrevie said:

And exactly how was you comment about Osborne;s relevance any less inane? It appears that many hardline Brexiters don't like to hear the truth about Farage. Not least that he is profiting from the fall in sterling which he is partly responsible for.

My point about Osborne was to highlight the offtopic nature of the Farage posts. But I suppose, when the arguments are as threadbare as yours, attacking the public figures, particularly the peripheral ones, is an easy option. And, I've noticed, one that you use on your twitter account all the time.

25 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

My point about Osborne was to highlight the offtopic nature of the Farage posts. But I suppose, when the arguments are as threadbare as yours, attacking the public figures, particularly the peripheral ones, is an easy option. And, I've noticed, one that you use on your twitter account all the time.

Really?  People take this so seriously?  Twitter accounts for political commentary?  It's difficult enough to wade through the dross in here and find anything illuminating and worthy of comment.  The die is cast, UK's voters had their one chance to "speak" at the referendum and now they can sit back and watch the wheels turn. there's no point in asking the politicians what they'll do since, if all the politicians were laid end to end we'd have a lie that stretched around the world. 

Edited by jpinx
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jpinx said:

Really?  People take this so seriously?  Twitter accounts for political commentary?  It's difficult enough to wade through the dross in here and find anything illuminating and worthy of comment.  The die is cast, UK's voters had their one chance to "speak" at the referendum and now they can sit back and watch the wheels turn. there's no point in asking the politicians what they'll do since, if all the politicians were laid end to end we have a lie that stretched around the world. 

:laugh:. Probably twice around.

17 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Yes of course it was and of course your arguments are not threadbare or in anyway extreme as you have so clearly shown with every post you make. What was being pointed out that Farage is profiting from Brexit and yet in twenty years of being an MEP has shown a marked reluctance to do his duty as an MEP while profiting greatly all the while.

17 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Yes of course it was and of course your arguments are not threadbare or in anyway extreme as you have so clearly shown with every post you make. What was being pointed out that Farage is profiting from Brexit and yet in twenty years of being an MEP has shown a marked reluctance to do his duty as an MEP while profiting greatly all the while.

And it's relevance to the upcoming brexit negotiations is?

18 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

He has been campaigning for this length of time to be made redundant. exactly the same as those SNP's in Westminster. Do you not see the comparison.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

And it's relevance to the upcoming brexit negotiations is?

Since Farage is pushing for hard Brexit along with many of his political allies I think its highly relevant. In fact the referendum question didn't touch on the subject about the type of Brexit and the one UKIP MP has stated that he disagrees with Farage and his version of Brexit. 

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

He has been campaigning for this length of time to be made redundant. exactly the same as those SNP's in Westminster. Do you not see the comparison.

And all the while making himself a very rich man. His career in politics has certainly been a lot more profitable and rewarding than his former career. 

2 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Since Farage is pushing for hard Brexit along with many of his political allies I think its highly relevant. In fact the referendum question didn't touch on the subject about the type of Brexit and the one UKIP MP has stated that he disagrees with Farage and his version of Brexit. 

But what part will Farage play in the upcoming negotiations? How will he even influence them? The government has made a big point of distancing itself from him.