May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

On 11/18/2017 at 8:54 AM, Jip99 said:

No, of course, it was not all bad - but it had become bad enough for me to no longer want to be a member of that club. The referendum gave me, and  17,410,741 others, the opportunity to vote to leave.

That we did - and won a democratic majority to do so. The government promised to be bound by the referendum and so it asserted "Brexit means Brexit".

There we are, we have embarked on the most momentous political exercise in living memory.

And 16,141,241 voted to remain, so if 634,750 had voted the other way it would have been an even split. The referendum result was based on less than 1.9 percent  of those that voted and less than 1.4 percent of eligible voters.

Nigel Farage was the first to come out and say if the result was close it would be contested.

It really is time that the brexiteers accepted the fact that with such a close run result the  "most momentous political exercise in living memory." will be in dispute until the death, and even after.

You cannot penalise the country because of David Cameron's arrogance in failing to consider the vote in more detail, many important referendums  in other countries carry a majority margin to be considered valid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

It was a "close run result" when Mohamhed Ali beat Henry Cooper, it was a "close run thing" when England beat Germany 4-2 in 1966 and Blackpool won 4-3 in the 1953 FA Cup Final.

I didn't see Cooper, Germany or Bolton bleating like spoilt children saying if "only 635,000 people had voted the other way..."  IF, IF , IF !!

IF my Aunty had balls she would have been my uncle.

<deleted>, get a grip........... I am surprised to find someone as old as you who is so undemocratic.

Brexit is not a sports game.

From all your examples, are there any dangers or drastic changes for your life? Or do sports results change your life in a straight and long term, maybe over decades?
If so, Brexit vote was one Year a go, time for a rematch?

Edited by tomacht8

1 hour ago, aright said:

Neither is democracy.......its much more important than that and can't be left in the hands of recalcitrant Remainers.

Absolutely.
Since apparently the UK Brexiteers and also the UK Remainers are unable to handle the whole thing, it would be better to transfer the whole case to the EU.
They would then organize the Brexit for the UK.:sorry:

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

And 16,141,241 voted to remain, so if 634,750 had voted the other way it would have been an even split. The referendum result was based on less than 1.9 percent  of those that voted and less than 1.4 percent of eligible voters.

Nigel Farage was the first to come out and say if the result was close it would be contested.

It really is time that the brexiteers accepted the fact that with such a close run result the  "most momentous political exercise in living memory." will be in dispute until the death, and even after.

You cannot penalise the country because of David Cameron's arrogance in failing to consider the vote in more detail, many important referendums  in other countries carry a majority margin to be considered valid.

So, if!!! 

15 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Absolutely.
Since apparently the UK Brexiteers and also the UK Remainers are unable to handle the whole thing, it would be better to transfer the whole case to the EU.
They would then organize the Brexit for the UK.:sorry:

You should be :sorry:

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

It was a "close run result" when Mohamhed Ali beat Henry Cooper, it was a "close run thing" when England beat Germany 4-2 in 1966 and Blackpool won 4-3 in the 1953 FA Cup Final.

There are those that do not see sports results as being close to, how did you put it, a "most momentous political exercise in living memory." 

Whether you like it or not, the result will always be contentious, something you have to live with.

Why do you find the need to include personal attacks in your posts?

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

You say harm. I say wellness. The harm was deviously inflicted 44 years ago.

Understand your view,
but i wonder why millions do not dance on the street with joy, fireworks everywhere, Brexit parties on mass, the sound of champagne glasses klicking, the spirit of a new departure everywhere?
I tend to see the opposite, everyone is moaning.
Even the 52% Brexiters are not all satisfied. Could it be that is there a lot of hassles right now?

38 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There are those that do not see sports results as being close to, how did you put it, a "most momentous political exercise in living memory." 

Whether you like it or not, the result will always be contentious, something you have to live with.

Why do you find the need to include personal attacks in your posts?

No personal attacks..... and non intended.

I suspect that you and I have far more similarities than differences, and were brought up on the same core values - but on Brexit it is only the gulf of differences that are evident.

37 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

but i wonder why millions do not dance on the street with joy, fireworks everywhere, Brexit parties on mass, the sound of champagne glasses klicking, the spirit of a new departure everywhere?

Dancing and celebrations will break out when the process is complete.

As for Brits moaning;......Asi es siempre........It was ever thus.

44 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Understand your view,
Even the 52% Brexiters are not all satisfied. Could it be that is there a lot of hassles right now?

Because we're being messed about by remainers and Project Fear. The celebrations will come, quite literally, the minute we actually leave.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Because we're being messed about by remainers and Project Fear. The celebrations will come, quite literally, the minute we actually leave.

Yes I can see the Brexiters partying in the street! All that high strength cider and alcopops for the "ladies" (flashing their studs and gunts). All done with Great panache, chic and savoir faire!  Closely followed by vomiting, fighting and a 20 year headache. Laugh? I nearly did!

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yes I can see the Brexiters partying in the street! All that high strength cider and alcopops for the "ladies". All done with Great panache, chic and savoir fare! Closely followed by vomiting, fighting and a 20 year headache. Laugh? I nearly did!

If you don't change your attitude grouse, you will not be invited!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I do.    Don't forget its still Grouse hunting season.

Then you will enjoy the party! 

I'm sure they will have lots of sweeties and Ginsters' pies for you and you will meet lots of people just like you ?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I'm sure they will have lots of sweeties and Ginsters' pies for you and you will meet lots of people just like you ?

You always were susceptible to Game Pie.:smile:

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Yes I can see the Brexiters partying in the street! All that high strength cider and alcopops for the "ladies" (flashing their studs and gunts). All done with Great panache, chic and savoir faire!  Closely followed by vomiting, fighting and a 20 year headache. Laugh? I nearly did!

I love party's with pancakes, chips and savouries.

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

After they've paid off the EU, there might not be much left in the party kitty? 

15 hours ago, Jip99 said:

No personal attacks..... and non intended.

I suspect that you and I have far more similarities than differences, and were brought up on the same core values - but on Brexit it is only the gulf of differences that are evident.

From previous posts.

"lose the chip on your shoulder <deleted>!"
"<deleted>, get a grip........... I am surprised to find someone as old as you who is so undemocratic."

You don't see that as personal?, and the fact that I do not believe that national referendums have any real validity in UK politics does not make me undemocratic. I subscribe to the parliamentary democracy that exists in the UK.