Upload your speedtest here !

oMega69

If you ask for:

5749073104.png

ToT fibre, 35 / 15, in the sticks.

But I bet this thread will go chaotic very soon :biggrin: (all kind of test server locations, test methods/suppliers).

And OOKLA is ugly.

Is there really no list selection for the test server, exactly identifying?

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 hours ago, Pib said:

Rome!?   I thought they closed down Rome when the last Caesar got killed.

Anyway, from Bangkok on AIS Fibre 50 down/10 up plan.  Note: People should also mention what speed plan they are on. 

5749982322.png

As for OOKLA , speeds are mosly loopt here in Bangkok. . so that speed is most likley to a BKK server . . but the Ping aint. .

8 hours ago, Pib said:

Rome!?   I thought they closed down Rome when the last Caesar got killed.

Anyway, from Bangkok on AIS Fibre 50 down/10 up plan.  Note: People should also mention what speed plan they are on. 

5749982322.png

As for OOKLA , speeds are mosly loopt here in Bangkok. . so that speed is most likley to a BKK server . . but the Ping aint. .

Proof of that u got here :       My 15/5 Connection . . .

5751215229.png

Love this ping to US.. havent see any better any where. ,

But speed aint realistic . .

5751220514.png

Edited by oMega69

Referring to above post.

Same tests from ToT fibre, 35 / 15, in the Khon Kaen sticks

SIN:
JoOjQZ36g.NBg9cIrZd.png

SFO:
1iUYGrlNs.AZgPhq9d1.png

FRA:

1st attempt: network timeout :>) can not connect

2nd attempt

cElurKm97.sZXm1EA2e.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

yzQoe6uwR.rhj527Hl6.png

oUbdrATS2.CRQG43XBI.png

gF6UvLDBf.4MAKPiB6u.png

TOT Fibre 20/10 - Hat Yai

I could post the OOKLA results but they all look just wonderful.

Looks very realistics . . decent power from TOT . . not same as back in the days !

7 hours ago, oMega69 said:

Proof of that u got here :       My 15/5 Connection . . .

5751215229.png

Love this ping to US.. havent see any better any where. ,

But speed aint realistic . .

5751220514.png

I have to disagree with you regarding OOKLA speeds test are mostly loops/probably really testing to a Bkk/local server.   The reason OOKLA based testers such as Speedtest.net usually give much higher download speeds than say Testmy.net, is because OOKLA based testers are "multi-thread" testers....or maybe said a different way the tester opens up multiple connections/pipes to the test server location like if testing to Rome from Bangkok.   Basically acts like a download manager in the ability to open up multi-connections resulting in higher speeds.   

Why do I get better speeds when I go to Speedtest.net?

To overcome throughput limits caused by response times and the TCP window, the Ookla Speedtest® engine supports multiple parallel threads. Most Speedtest.net locations support scaling up to four threads, which can better saturate higher-speed connections.

OOKLA based testers/servers can be setup to use 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, or 8 multiple threads (pipes), but the more threads opened requires more resources on the "server" end and that test server on the other end is probably going to be set to some maximum below 8 threads. 

Speedtest.net uses either 1, 2, or 4 threads during its test.  So, if say a person could only get a speed of say 10Mb to a test server using Testmy.net "which only uses one thread" if they run a test using an OOKLA based tester to the same city they will usually see a much higher speed because multiple pipes may be used....multiple pipes means higher download speeds.  For whatever reason, multiple pipes don't seem to help upload speeds.   And just because in this example I used 10Mb via one pipe using Testmy.net does not mean 4 pipes would give you 40Mb as each pipe size/speed can vary.  And in OOKLA based testers you will never know how many threads are being used: 1, 2, 4, 6, or 8....but it's probably 4 or less....but could be 6 or 8....all depends on how the test server is configured.

Testing with both a multi-thread tester and single-thread tester is probably best to check your internet pipe, because depending on the application/software you are using and the server on the other end, multi threading may not be used which is usually the case in live video streaming just for example.    

Now if  you are using an OOKLA based tester like Speedtest.net and say testing to Rome where the ping time should be around 200ms with a good connection, if you get something way less then some local server caching is possibly occurring (or a variety of other causes) skewing the result.   Disregard any such result.

Take a look at these two links for some starter info on OOKLA-based speed testing like Speedtest.net.

http://www.ookla.com/support/a21110607/Why-do-I-get-better-speeds-when-I-go-to-Speedtest-net

http://www.ookla.com/support/a21110547/What-is-the-test-flow-and-methodology-for-the

Edited by Pib

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Referring to above post.

Same tests from ToT fibre, 35 / 15, in the Khon Kaen sticks

SIN:
JoOjQZ36g.NBg9cIrZd.png

SFO:
1iUYGrlNs.AZgPhq9d1.png

FRA:

1st attempt: network timeout :>) can not connect

2nd attempt

cElurKm97.sZXm1EA2e.png

On my AIS Fibre 50/10 to same locations about 2 hours after yours....just for comparison.  Please note my wife was YouTubing on her tablet while I ran below tests so they would have probably been a little higher if she hadn't been using some of the bandwidth.

Singapore

aCOVHesFM.jUO0hKrGV.png

SFO

2w1VCYhse.oRPhN5cnG.png

FRA

93L7etD1O.cCYRHLy6F.png

Edited by Pib

On 10/27/2016 at 1:29 PM, oMega69 said:

Check this this site : http://testmy.net/

most accurated site

SpeedOf.Me is an HTML5 Internet speed test. No Flash or Java needed! It is the smartest and most accurate online bandwidth test. It works well on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows and other mobile devices, as well as desktop computers.

http://speedof.me/

Another good one is https://fast.com/   which is provided by Netflix

43 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Just got upgrade from 100/10 to 200/50 for same monthly cost, 1200 baht.

Yep, on the same package, but not quite as high on numbers to/from Singapore.

That is up-country in Phits.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the TMN cable fiber 20/7 plan in central Pattaya. These are my results by  Internet Thailand (Superhispeed Internet Company Limited) 

Sun Nov 13 2016 @ 12:21:20 am     Tokyo, JP TH     3.1 MB(sample size),   4.37 Mbps 546 kB/s upload

Sun Nov 13 2016 @ 12:34:04 am     Tokyo, JP TH     38.8 MB(sample size)   24.47 Mbps 3.06 MB/s download

Edited by Banana7

I'd suggested a while ago about doing something similar to this, since I thought it might help to expose local versus systemic internet issues related to different providers.

I was however derided for suggesting that we needed a common and agreed to test platform, with time windows for the tests to ensure we were getting was meaningful data.

So good luck guys, hope any of it makes any sense!

3BB 200/50 fibre on the TWW from my Samsung S6 using 5G wi-fi

Ping - 12ms

Download - 158.07Mbps

Upload - 52.67Mbps

3BB 200/50 fibre on the TWW from my Windows PC using Ethernet connection

Ping - 11ms

Download - 235.66Mbps

Upload - 53.36Mbps

3BB 200/50 fibre on the WWW (Los Angeles) from my Windows PC using Ethernet connection

Ping - 230ms

Download - 22.26Mbps

Upload - 25.01Mbps