AP-GfK Poll: Clinton appears on cusp of commanding victory

webfact

3 hours ago, Publicus said:

However, if Trump collects 40% or even 43% of the popular vote, then it's likely we won't have experienced the last of it at the polls in coming elections. It's a long way for extremism in the USA to get to 50%, but 43% is a lot closer to it than is 38%.

I do wonder what's wrong with America, that a pathological liar like Trump can garner so much support.  Maybe it is the racist mentality among his supporters.  But the way he lies, constantly, it's mind-boggling.  This is just from one speech, one night...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/18-falsehoods-just-trump-s-thursday-night-n674311

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I do wonder what's wrong with America, that a pathological liar like Trump can garner so much support.  Maybe it is the racist mentality among his supporters.  But the way he lies, constantly, it's mind-boggling.  This is just from one speech, one night...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/18-falsehoods-just-trump-s-thursday-night-n674311

The brain adapts to dishonesty

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nn.4426.html

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

If you watch this Michael Moore video for a couple of minutes you might get it. He does. It is incomplete because he does go on to say those who vote for Trump will regret it. He is afterall left wing and supports Hillary. Nevertheless he does understand the liberal LW patronizing and condescension liberally spread around with words like old white men, uneducated, racist, xenophobic, etc etc so often bandied about on TVF as well. Despite his politics one thing Michael Moore is not, is an academic snob.

Sen. George McGovern as the 1972  Democratic nominee for Potus got 37.5% of the popular vote.

Goldwater as the 1964 Republican nominee got 38.7% of the popular vote. I'd figured since last year Trump as the Republican Party nominee would do a Goldwater in this one, i.e., finishing up with 38% give or take one point.

Presently however Trump has only 79% support of Republicans voters, which necessarily says disaster November 8th. Add to it that most Republican voters are from states which provide small Electoral College Votes, i.e., of a small population and Trump begins to look like the ghost of George McGovern and his 37.5%.

HRC has 89% support of Democrats which just adds to the pile-on trend of the election.

HRC as of the end of this week has 52.7% of the two party vote as registered in the few polls that inclusively track the candidates's share of the two-party vote. The two-party vote is the total of Republican and Democrats who are likely voters (or who did vote) on election day.

So if, as an illustration, we might be talking about 100 million Democrats, and 80 million Republicans, then the total two party vote is 180 million. Then divvy 'em up between the two candidates. Forget Independent voters because they don't tell us anything in or out of this absolutely reliable stat to date.

Since the election of 1900, every Potus winner has won the majority percentage of the two party vote.  Most recently, OB in 2008 got 53.7% of the two party vote. In 2012, OB got 52.0% of the two party vote. The playing field exists between the percentages of 45% to 55% because since the year 1900 Potus election, no candidate of either party has fallen outside this range.

As I note in the post, HRC currently is polling at 52.7% of the two party vote. Trump is at 47.3% of the two party vote. The hard numbers will start coming to us when the vote tallies are reported the night of election day. Until then -- and after then -- this stat singularly and alone tells us what we need to know.

3 hours ago, Linzz said:

If you watch this Michael Moore video for a couple of minutes you might get it. He does. It is incomplete because he does go on to say those who vote for Trump will regret it. He is afterall left wing and supports Hillary. Nevertheless he does understand the liberal LW patronizing and condescension liberally spread around with words like old white men, uneducated, racist, xenophobic, etc etc so often bandied about on TVF as well. Despite his politics one thing Michael Moore is not, is an academic snob.

Michael Moore's ability to lead the Right Wing Reactionaries by the nose to stir up Democrats is genius.

Not surprising that some of the Trumpy boys fall for it. Yes, nasty people these Democrats who talk down to 'us' with their big city ways and high school graduation certificate an all!

Keep it up Michael and help turn out the voters on Nov 8.

Jetset beat me to it.

I just saw Trump addressing his rally and the news has energized him and his supporters BIG TIME.

What a blast!!!!!! Now Clinton has to face the probability that she will be going into November 8 as the candidate under an active investigation by the FBI. This is going to change EVERYTHING. What undecided voter is going to vote for someone that may be impeached soon after their election?

Clinton's only hope is that the FBI comes out in a couple of days and says there is no case, but they still don't know at the moment and it is highly unlikely it will be resolved in 10 days.

FOR SURE, the evidence must be sufficiently damning to get Comey to reopen the case this close to the election. Nothing short of walking onto the podium as she is preparing to be sworn in and arresting her could be more shocking.

I said before that Trump has been counted out so many times, but survived, and he has done it again. Makes me wonder if he went to the crossroads, LOL.

The heading of this thread couldn't be more appropriate, and potentially sooooooo wrong.

What puts the icing on the cake is that it looks like Weiner may have brought her down. 5555555555555

Be scared, be very scared.

No doubt this will re energise Trump's campaign, and they will be smelling Clinton blood. Remember that great line in Riddick after Kyra stabs the Lord Marshal and Dame Vaako says...........

I'm not saying the words as it might offend some on here, but look it up if interested and didn't see the film.

Go Trump. :smile:

Edited by thaibeachlovers

This is the reason people that have been investigated numerous times in criminal cases should not be allowed to run for president. I would go even further to say, people should not be qualified to run for POTUS if they have had direct connection, business or personal, to criminals that have been convicted of a felony crime.  This always happens to criminals that have managed to escape justice, something always comes out of the closet to trip them up.

58 minutes ago, dcutman said:

This is the reason people that have been investigated numerous times in criminal cases should not be allowed to run for president. I would go even further to say, people should not be qualified to run for POTUS if they have had direct connection, business or personal, to criminals that have been convicted of a felony crime.  This always happens to criminals that have managed to escape justice, something always comes out of the closet to trip them up.

Trump has faced many criminal investigations, so assume your comments equally apply to him. In addition Trump has to face court to testify in some ongoing criminal cases in the coming months. Trump, even at this stage of the election process is making libelous statements regards Clinton (not allegations). As has been posted many times neither Trump or Clinton appear to be a good choice for President, but IMO Trump far exceeds Clinton in negativity as the way forward for the American people.

As I understand the latest FBI announcement is required as a matter of discovery process, with as yet no information if Clinton acted inappropriately.

44 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Trump has faced many criminal investigations, so assume your comments equally apply to him. In addition Trump has to face court to testify in some ongoing criminal cases in the coming months. Trump, even at this stage of the election process is making libelous statements regards Clinton (not allegations). As has been posted many times neither Trump or Clinton appear to be a good choice for President, but IMO Trump far exceeds Clinton in negativity as the way forward for the American people.

As I understand the latest FBI announcement is required as a matter of discovery process, with as yet no information if Clinton acted inappropriately.

Yeah, this makes a great scandalous headline for the Trumpsters, but as yet nobody knows the substance of the FBI's inquiries. It might just be an attempt to quiet the Trump conspiracy theory that the FBI is rigged to help elect Hilary (as is everything else). It might be something devastating to Clinton, and the race would tighten up which might make it interesting, but still a long shot for Trump.

Then again, it might just be pictures of Weiner's dick, and maybe Hillary was one of his admirers? :smile:

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Trump has faced many criminal investigations, so assume your comments equally apply to him. In addition Trump has to face court to testify in some ongoing criminal cases in the coming months. Trump, even at this stage of the election process is making libelous statements regards Clinton (not allegations). As has been posted many times neither Trump or Clinton appear to be a good choice for President, but IMO Trump far exceeds Clinton in negative characteristics as the way forward for the American people.

My comments do and should apply to all and any people seeking any public office.

I find it disturbing and repugnant your opinion justifies HRC's 30+ years of criminal behavior before, during and after her terms of  Secretary of State, U.S. senator, presidential first lady, first lady of Arkansas and now presidential candidate.

Your opinions and the opinions of those like yours that tolerate criminal behavior based on Dem's vs GOP ideology, are going to lead the U.S. to its next  American revolution. IMHO of course.

Edited by dcutman

31 minutes ago, dcutman said:

My comments do and should apply to all and any people seeking any public office.

I find it disturbing and repugnant your opinion justifies HRC's 30+ years of criminal behavior before, during and after her terms of  Secretary of State, U.S. senator, presidential first lady, first lady of Arkansas and now presidential candidate.

Your opinions and the opinions of those like yours that tolerate criminal behavior based on Dem's vs GOP ideology, are going to lead the U.S. to its next  American revolution. IMHO of course.

To my knowledge H. Clinton has never been convicted as an outcome of allegations / investigations over the years, whereas Trump has been found responsible in 38 law suits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

To my knowledge H. Clinton has never been convicted as an outcome of allegations / investigations over the years, whereas Trump has been found responsible in 38 law suits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

Like I said before, it is repugnant, people like you think because she has not been found guilty, that she has not committed the crimes. Just as many crime families have escaped justice the Clinton Crime Family is no different. The only difference is, no other crime families  has had one of its members run for POTUS.

34 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Like I said before, it is repugnant, people like you think because she has not been found guilty, that she has not committed the crimes. Just as many crime families have escaped justice the Clinton Crime Family is no different. The only difference is, no other crime families  has had one of its members run for POTUS.

Personally unless someone has been legally found to be guilty by a court of law they are innocent. If you & others wish to refute the rule of law based upon opinion so be it, but for me irresponsible for the cohesion of society as it appears to be the case the US is heading with the inflammatory nature of the Trump campaign messaging.

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Personally unless someone has been legally found to be guilty by a court of law they are innocent. If you & others wish to refute the rule of law based upon opinion so be it, but for me irresponsible for the cohesion of society as it appears to be the case the US is heading with the inflammatory nature of the Trump campaign messaging.

So you think Trump is NOT guilty of indecent assault, given that he has not been convicted in a court of law, and it is only their word against his?

2 hours ago, Silurian said:

More good news for Hillary.

Clinton leads Trump 42 to 36 percent as he loses women's support: poll

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN12S2M5

Existing polls are irrelevant after Comey's October surprise. Wait a few days to get valid ones based on the new information.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you think Trump is NOT guilty of indecent assault, given that he has not been convicted in a court of law, and it is only their word against his?

How would anyone know guilty or not of sexual assault until tried in a court, although he has proclaimed his self satisfaction in his modus operandi for casual sex. I understand the case of alleged rape of a 13 year old is to be tested in a Civil Court this December.

Edited by simple1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump himself is on record saying he did some of the things alleged.  And as far as I know there are no "lock him up" chants from the HRC campaign.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Existing polls are irrelevant after Comey's October surprise. Wait a few days to get valid ones based on the new information.

Trump has a lot to change around in the few remaining dayze.

The fundamental factor here is the overwhelming view of the general electorate that Trump is neither fit nor is Trump qualified to be Potus, while HRC is each, both, and more.

Youse guyz over there are the ones who've bet the farm on Trump. 

Cook Political Report: “Last week, we moved seven states towards Clinton. This week, we are moving two additional states in her direction, giving her an advantage of 293 electoral votes — 23 more than required to win.”

If youse guyz think this new emails nothing is going to change the fundamental facts of this contest, then I want to talk to you about your ranch too. 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Funny, I heard the same thing after Trump's bus video that his poll numbers would drop tremendously after a few days. They dropped some but not as much as some people thought. Hillary's poll numbers may drop but I have a feeling that for the most part the American public are "emailed out". This constant crying wolf each time a new batch of emails dumps makes people numb after awhile. I think this latest Comey non-event will not move the needle much.