Honda CRF 250L

ad61

Yes it was the same place I got mine.  I went for the powder coated black version.  It was more of a plastic coat in reality.  In the 3 years of running about the coating never lifted. Amazing stuff.

Underneath it was aluminium and took a bit of a beating....but saved the motor.  Did it's job very well.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, properperson said:

do you remember when the M was stopped ?

Sold my M late 2016. Bought a new 2017 L. No M available then. Bought 17's and had them installed from new. Never had the knobbies on the road.

47 minutes ago, papa al said:

like 7% difference in gear ratio 13 vs 14t.

;-)

Happy with it how it is OK for road use in Thailand, want some more ump drop a couple of gears.  

CRF is only a little 250 if you want CBR250RR then buy one. :laugh:

Edited by Kwasaki

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Happy with it how it is OK for road use in Thailand, want some more ump drop a couple of gears.  

CRF is only a little 250 if you want CBR250RR then buy one. :laugh:

okay

not going to buy a CBR250RR.

Will stick with ceeber150.

Thanks for the granting me permission tho.

Edited by papa al
  • Haha 1

Get an EJK and original FMF header pipe and muffler...then you'll really make the bike come alive.

Agree re the airbox mod. Let's the engine breathe easier.  A lifetime stainless steel air filter is also available (Sorry can't remember brand).

Its a fun bike but I'm now looking fwd to heading back to NZ and getting my hands on a 2nd hand Aprilia SXV 450. Pity it's getting cold in NZ (Love the Thai weather for riding)....but that means people are dropping asking prices to sell their bikes prior to winter.

Their loss my gain.

Hope you enjoy the 250m

Edit: Hurricane is the brand for the s/s air filter

Edited by CMKiwi
Additional info

2 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Get an EJK and original FMF header pipe and muffler...then you'll really make the bike come alive.

Agree re the airbox mod. Let's the engine breathe easier.  A lifetime stainless steel air filter is also available (Sorry can't remember brand).

Its a fun bike but I'm now looking fwd to heading back to NZ and getting my hands on a 2nd hand Aprilia SXV 450. Pity it's getting cold in NZ (Love the Thai weather for riding)....but that means people are dropping asking prices to sell their bikes prior to winter.

Their loss my gain.

Hope you enjoy the 250m

I agree - have had a "jollied up" 250M before (EJK, air box mod, 13T, mega bomb & Q4 FMF pipe)  which i bought s/h fully fettled (see pic)....and the performance was stonking....

The guy that fitted the 13T sprocket to my new bike does the EJK's, Mega Bomb and FMF pipe and gave me a quote to supply / fit all three for 20,000 baht out the door ....

Whilst i'd quite like the extra grunt, the main problem is the noise and the fact you can see it has been modified - The Police round Pattaya will use any excuse to stop you and the thought of the 1,000 b a pop fine means i'll leave the bike how it is....

The tyres / 13T sprocket / air box mods are enough to enjoy the bike round the back road twisties - its never going to be the star of the dual carrigdeways, nor is it a long didtance tourer - but i didn't buy it for that...

CRF and 500X 002.JPG

• Like 2

Yep sir, that's what I had also. Mega bomb and Q4 muffler.  I was lucky to pick one up second hand for 8500 baht.  Did a repack of the muffler myself, although it didn't need it.

Had Pirellis too. Put a Stebel nautilus compact airhorn on with airhorn a 2 way switch to appease the police.

Only got stopped once re the muffler...but luckily no fine. Maybe for once Chiang Mai cops aren't the worst.

Before you buy a K and N read this ...

Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt. See the data tables for a complete summary of these comparisons.

http://nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

A duramax diesel was used for testing, but this is immaterial. the summary sentence above speaks for itself.

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt. See the data tables for a complete summary of these comparisons.

A duramax diesel was used for testing, but this is immaterial. the summary sentence above speaks for itself.

I must of meant change to AC a typo mistake but close. :laugh:

Yeah thanks for info always good to find out these things.

In my now ancient experienced history I always cringe a bit on claims of gains of changing things and doing this and doing that to a OME motorcycle.

My Fireblade I did track days on was improved a bit with carb things & a race box fitted but keeping the engine as OME.

The only way I detected an improvement apart from the noise :laugh: was my lap times were quicker.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Interesting. Obviously written by an AC sales rep....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Interesting. Obviously written by an AC sales rep....

"The test was independently performed under controlled conditions using a $285,000 machine at Testand Corp of Rhode Island (manufacturer of the machine)."

Just shows that the whole aftermarket air filter game is just a hoax - kind of like the Amsoil game. Or the $1000 helmet game. Hype to suck in the gullible.

50 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

"The test was independently performed under controlled conditions using a $285,000 machine at Testand Corp of Rhode Island (manufacturer of the machine)."

Just shows that the whole aftermarket air filter game is just a hoax - kind of like the Amsoil game. Or the $1000 helmet game. Hype to suck in the gullible.

Only joshin'...

• Haha 1

Did 1 adjustment today on the CRF at APS Honda outlet getting 1000K service & check & 510 baht.

I had been using screwdriver & hammer adjusting preload because apparently you need special tools, they did not have the tools either so they took the shock assembly out.

Got max preload, feels good on the road.

30415230_10156363374590990_9213460845112341245_n.jpg.1acc3bc08e6cd1aa86a0113d8e6cd654.jpg

• Like 1