Benefits, what do documents do I need in order to prove?

Going back home soon, paid lots of tax over the years while working here, and I know I must be qualified for some benefits. 

I plan to come back in a few years, what kind of documents would I need to save in order make sure I qualify for the benefits when I might need it?

It's not mandatory and it is. If it's a government school it should be mandatory. 

But as far as i know you have to be 55 years old to get all the money, including what your employer paid in. A pretty easygoing process and you get the money in cash. 

Just now, lostinisaan said:

It's not mandatory and it is. If it's a government school it should be mandatory. 

But as far as i know you have to be 55 years old to get all the money, including what your employer paid in. A pretty easygoing process and you get the money in cash. 

No did not work for a government school, but a private company.

Not yet 55 years old, but when I eventually turn 55, it would be good to get the benefits. So what documents should I need in order to get these benefits? So its paid out as a one time lump sum of money?

9 minutes ago, loopz said:

No did not work for a government school, but a private company.

Not yet 55 years old, but when I eventually turn 55, it would be good to get the benefits. So what documents should I need in order to get these benefits? So its paid out as a one time lump sum of money?

Not sure if the private company has paid into the Thai SS for you. If so, you'd know it because then you'd also have paid usually 3 % of your income to the SS office. Both parties have to pay in. 

Why don't you check your documents first, or ask your employer if they did? 

If you and your employer did pay in just check at the office and they'll print all payments out for you. Once you're 55, all you need is to go and get your cash. 

Edited by lostinisaan

3 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Not sure if the private company has paid into the Thai SS for you. If so, you'd know it because then you'd also have paid usually 3 % of your income to the SS office. Both parties have to pay in. 

Why don't you check your documents first, or ask your employer if they did? 

If you and your employer did pay in just check at the office and they'll print all payments out for you. Once you're 55, all you need is to go and get your cash. 

yes will check, but I will leave the country for a few years, and not sure if the company will still be around when I am back, and its quite some time until I turn 55, so I want to make sure I get the documents now, as I think it will be difficult to find any documents a few years from now. Especially if the company is no longer around...

6 minutes ago, loopz said:

yes will check, but I will leave the country for a few years, and not sure if the company will still be around when I am back, and its quite some time until I turn 55, so I want to make sure I get the documents now, as I think it will be difficult to find any documents a few years from now. Especially if the company is no longer around...

Even if the company shuts down you won't lose your money. But first, you should check if you really paid in, go to the office and get all printed out.

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Even if the company shuts down you won't lose your money. But first, you should check if you really paid in, go to the office and get all printed out.

Print out, you mean the payment for social security records? Something else I need?

2 hours ago, loopz said:

Print out, you mean the payment for social security records? Something else I need?

First, you should make sure that you and your boss really paid into the Thai SS . Anything else is wasted time if you never paid into the system. How can you not know that? 

14 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

For the old age benefit, he needs to have paid a minimum of 180 monthly contributions. 

If under 180 months, the lump sum would be approx 45 Baht for each month of contributions.

On 28 Oct 2016 at 8:57 PM, lostinisaan said:

First, you should make sure that you and your boss really paid into the Thai SS . Anything else is wasted time if you never paid into the system. How can you not know that? 

There are millions of things I do not know, you should only know...

On 29 Oct 2016 at 5:23 AM, muzmurray said:

For the old age benefit, he needs to have paid a minimum of 180 monthly contributions. 

If under 180 months, the lump sum would be approx 45 Baht for each month of contributions.

45 thb per month? It must depend on salary right? A person who pays 1000 thb per month for 5 years to social security can't receive the same benefit as a person who paid 5000 thb for 10 years?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2016 at 8:57 PM, lostinisaan said:

If you ask at the Social Security office they can check all payments credited in your name. If you have your Social Security card with you that would make it easier.

It took me about half an hour to claim back six years of payments. I received 50K Baht credited directly into my bank account. I had to wait all of about two weeks for it to be processed.

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If you ask at the Social Security office they can check all payments credited in your name. If you have your Social Security card with you that would make it easier.

It took me about half an hour to claim back six years of payments. I received 50K Baht credited directly into my bank account. I had to wait all of about two weeks for it to be processed.

Thank you, good to know.

"For the old age benefit, he needs to have paid a minimum of 180 monthly contributions."

That's true if you don't just want a lump sum.  

"If under 180 months, the lump sum would be approx 45 Baht for each month of contributions."

For some reason your math is way out of kilter.

Take a look at post #15.   I personally got more than that, but I was in the system longer.

OP, all you will need is your social security number.  Their records are very good.

One way you might know if you were in the system or not, is if you had Social Security health coverage.

When you leave covered employment, you can continue paying on your own to keep the health coverage - as long as you had payed into the system 12 months.  The cost for paying on your own is just a tad over 400 Baht a month.

This is what the SSO booklet says "For contributions 12-179 months. Lump sum pension=The amount of 3% of contributions collected from the insured person + employer + interest rate announced by the SSO"

So I based it on 750 Baht insured + 750 Baht employer = 1500 Baht

3% of 1500 = 45 Baht (for each month of contributions)

?