Sickening beating of sobbing young Buddhist monk caught on camera in vile temple video

webfact

Sickening beating of sobbing young Buddhist monk caught on camera in vile temple video

BY KEYAN MILANIAN

mi.jpg

An appeal to trace the monk has been made

Netizens are trying to hunt down the monk responsible for the beating so that he faces disciplinary action

A sickening video taken in a Buddhist temple shows the horrific beating handed to a child monk after they misbehaved during religious classes.

In the clip, taken on a phone, an adult monk can be seen using a large stick to strike a young novice of maybe 12 or 13 years of age.

He can be seen hitting him at least 10 times despite the desperate boy's crying and pleading with the monk to stop.

The video, posted on Facebook and viewed more than 3.5 million times, calls for help in identifying the location so that appropriate action can be taken against the monk. It is unclear where the clip was filmed but the dialect is thought to be from the North of Thailand.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS CONTENT THAT SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND DISTURBING

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/sickening-beating-sobbing-young-buddhist-9154271

-- MIRROR 2016-10-31

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest it's not the most shocking video I have seen here. Sticks and coathangers are often used by parents as well. Lots of thoughts came to my mind with this one. First why is the young kid there? Temples are sometimes used as reform places by criminals and by parents who want their kids to shape up. Did this kid's parents send him there? Or is this one of the many homeless boys who were put there or found there way there as temples seem to be like orphanages too.

Reminds me of my school days. . Where being hit by Charlie Chaplin type canes, legs of broken chairs etc. , were common practice, on the back of the hands and the face of the hands. . . All executed by the "Christian Brothers" . 

28 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Reminds me of my school days. . Where being hit by Charlie Chaplin type canes, legs of broken chairs etc. , were common practice, on the back of the hands and the face of the hands. . . All executed by the "Christian Brothers" . 

Some of those CB's were cruel sick bastards,  I was lucky, I was taught by nuns, some of them could be cruel but the stories you heard about the so called Christian Brothers, very un-Christian like in the way this monk is so un-Buddhist like.

Why is the location not known? Did the uploader not have the balls to say where it was taken? Cannot Facebook trace the IP from where the upload was made. Is there no GPS location in the uploaded video?

It really shouldn't be that hard to trace.

4 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Why is the location not known? Did the uploader not have the balls to say where it was taken? Cannot Facebook trace the IP from where the upload was made. Is there no GPS location in the uploaded video?

It really shouldn't be that hard to trace.

Should be able to extract the video meta data. That will give the location as coordinates.

Yet common people support local temples by going there and praying and giving alms. In truth, there is no divinity, spirituality or sancity in these places except materialism, misconduct, etc and distorted teachings of real buddhism, nor can one really attain any merits there. Thai buddhism and real buddhism are two different things. Thais have a flair of "bastardizing "all religions or things and claiming it as their own as in the case of the ramayana and now in thailand, the "bastardizing" of hinduism and hindu deities like Lord Ganesha, etc. May karma catch up with them and their loved ones

12 minutes ago, Mangkorndang said:

Children beaten by adults, assaulted learn one lesson.  That violence is a acceptable solution to problems.  When they grow up and start beating people this is why.

Or this one might learn that whatever the fact he did to be punished like that in front of witnesses is completely unacceptable in any society. 

4 minutes ago, silent said:

Or this one might learn that whatever the fact he did to be punished like that in front of witnesses is completely unacceptable in any society. 

Really? What was it that he did? The story doesn't say, other than "not paying attention."

A lot of the Thai youth is out of control today. Gangs acting like animals attacking both Thai and foreigners alike. I blame the parents and the society. Something needs to be done. However, I dont condone what this so called religious man did. I went to an only boy's C of E schlool in England. The cane was the rule of law there.  

20 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

Yet common people support local temples by going there and praying and giving alms. In truth, there is no divinity, spirituality or sancity in these places except materialism, misconduct, etc and distorted teachings of real buddhism, nor can one really attain any merits there. Thai buddhism and real buddhism are two different things. Thais have a flair of "bastardizing "all religions or things and claiming it as their own as in the case of the ramayana and now in thailand, the "bastardizing" of hinduism and hindu deities like Lord Ganesha, etc. May karma catch up with them and their loved ones

I can relate to what you're saying because the limited amount I have learnt about Thai Buddhism it seems to me that it's more about me me me -concentrating on the individual attaining nirvana rather than seeking improvement for the world as a whole which is different from the Buddhism the Dalai Lama  teaches. I wonder what the DalaiLama would think of this Monk's behaviour?

4 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Really? What was it that he did? The story doesn't say, other than "not paying attention."

Yes really. Were you there, do you know, or just assuming you can make an ass out of u and me with your assets.

1 hour ago, BrainLife said:

It should NOT happen in a temple by a monk, for me end of discussion.

Parents disciplining their kids with a spanking when young or reason when older, I am OK with.

Doing stuff like this is always a No No No No No

No violence perpatrated on children is ok.It is done when the parent as lost control of the situation.Take the phone off the kid,that works around my way.Soon have them begging for redemption.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

It's the only way to make young boys listen well, should be done more in Thailand...I also had plenty of it.

And it turned you into an emphatic and good human being, as we all can see! 

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

The prick with the stick has some issues he has to deal with.

Some of his own medicine from a hardened cellmate should suffice.

I'm fairly sure behaviour like this is learned,  beating the monk up again won't stop it, but he sure does need to get some anger management help...

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

And it turned you into an emphatic and good human being, as we all can see! 

:coffee1:

At least i don't steal or cheat/scam, don't run into people in malls, don't cry loud in public places, don't drive against traffic, am not selfish , have good manners and don't offend other people on the internet ( like you as we all can see)...So i conclude it works to punish young boys this way.

The real story is the at the monk ordered a jet black iphone 7 but the young thug brought back a matt iPhone 7. 

All jokes aside, sickening video and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual reason... unless pantip and fortune town deliver directly to temples.

Doubt it as they raced in front of the line the other day at pantip.