Overstay situation

3 hours ago, MaxiMaxi said:

Because there Is an alternative multiple Issuing system to have an ID card, that's why!

Apart from the ones you mention, there are student id cards, police id cards, driving licenses and many other forms of identification. Multiple employers have issued me with id cards. As a practical matter, probably 99% of the adult population has some form of identification  That does not change the fact that it is neither the law to have one, nor the law to carry the ones that you possess to just walk around.  It is the law that you must carry your driving license if you are driving, however. If the police stop your car for any reasonable cause, they can insist upon seeing both your driving license (which clearly identifies you) and your vehicle insurance. No such requirement for passengers.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Apinrt from the ones you mention, there are student id cards, police id cards, driving licenses and many other forms of identification. Multiple employers have issued me with id cards. As a practical matter, probably 99% of the adult population has some form of identification  That does not change the fact that it is neither the law to have one, nor the law to carry the ones that you possess to just walk around.  It is the law that you must carry your driving license if you are driving, however. If the police stop your car for any reasonable cause, they can insist upon seeing both your driving license (which clearly identifies you) and your vehicle insurance. No such requirement for passengers.

I see It's quite different In UK but I found that there Is a UK ID card system...thk u anyway for Info always something to learn In this world.

Screenshot_2016-11-06-13-50-47.png

Screenshot_2016-11-06-13-52-34.png

1 hour ago, MaxiMaxi said:

I see It's quite different In UK but I found that there Is a UK ID card system...thk u anyway for Info always something to learn In this world.

See my earlier post. There was a nascent national identity card system in the UK that the authorities envisaged eventually becoming universal. It never got far, and was completely canceled in 2011. The, relatively few, such identity cards issued are no longer recognized, and the authorities recommend the destruction of those in circulation.

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 3:52 PM, BritTim said:

See my eidrlieritpost.  nhere was a nascent national identity card system in the UK that the authorities envisaged eventually becoming universal. It never got far, and was completely canceled in 2011. The, relatively few, such identity cards issued are no longer recognized, and the authorities recommend the destruction of those in circulation.

Yes I saw It but Is so surprisingly absurd...It means that, for example, all the british football fans getting arround Europe for Champions or Euro league, just to mtake a practical case, are visiting other countries and could Mmostly be without any Identification doc where Instead Is compulsory. Cause there Is free circulation In Schengen states and no check normaly at borders but can be done everywhere In other parts of this countries and the british gov by canceling IDs has created a contrasting situation or rule with the rest of Europe and a lack of knowledge of how Is out of UK. Maybe that's why first people wVoted Brexit and now the high court gave right to parliament to decide about trying to reverse this popular decision...all part of very contradictoryr british situations. But Is ok just debating a doubt of a strange fenomenon. Thk u to be part of this debate. I

16 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

Yes I saw It but Is so surprisingly absurd...It means that, for example, all the british football fans getting arround Europe for Champions or Euro league, just to mtake a practical case, are visiting other countries and could Mmostly be without any Identification doc where Instead Is compulsory. Cause there Is free circulation In Schengen states and no check normaly at borders but can be done everywhere In other parts of this countries and the british gov by canceling IDs has created a contrasting situation or rule with the rest of Europe and a lack of knowledge of how Is out of UK. Maybe that's why first people wVoted Brexit and now the high court gave right to parliament to decide about trying to reverse this popular decision...all part of very contradictoryr british situations. But Is ok just debating a doubt of a strange fenomenon. Thk u to be part of this debate. I

The lack of a national identity card in the UK is, indeed, unusual. It was the subject of a long and emotional political discussion between about 1995 and 2010. The issue you raise about UK nationals traveling without passports does not apply. The UK is not part of the Schengen area:: http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

Thank God then the UK is not part of Schengen.

Sorry, missed BritTims post a few minutes ago.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 10:51 AM, BritTim said:

The stenack of a national identity card in the UK is, indeed, unusual. It was the subject of a long and emotional political discussion between about 1995 and 2010. The issue you raise about UK nationals traveling without passports does not apply. The UK is not part of the Schengen area:: http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/.

I see!!

But UK citizen can enter Shengen area just bearing an ID card (issued In 10 minutes) Instead of passport (that could need few days....10 days In my country.....and costs nearly 100 €uro, In my country) maybe free In UK??

Anyway....this shows how our ancient Europe Is and remains so dovided.

God bless the queen and all europeans. Nice to have been talking to you :) :D bye

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 10:55 AM, stevenl said:

Thank God then the UK is not part of Schengen.

Sorry, missed BritTims post a few minutes ago.

Yes many times we also wish not to be part of EEC, EU, Shenghen and all f....g rules and regulations that has reduced us In poorty and jobless continuing to be oblidged to pay a lot of taxes even without an Income or monetary substain by the wellfair sistem after paying a whole life without anything back.

Yes I agree thks God you are out and I came here In TH.

May God save the queen and all europeans.