Video: Was the young kid driving the car?

Jonathan Fairfield

Video: Was the young kid driving the car?

car.png

A video of a car that appears to be being driven by a young boy has caused a lot of consternation online.

The video was taken by Patthara Sirisuwan who was in another car at an intersection in downtown Ubon Ratchathani.

The husband and wife can hardly believe their eyes as they peer out to see a young boy in the driver's seat of a car in another lane nearby.

Their surprise is complete when the car speeds off with the boy seemingly at the wheel. No adult can be seen in the car.

Online comment was rife with some believing that the parent of the child was sitting behind him or that perhaps it was even a left hand drive vehicle. Some even suggested there might have been two steering wheels.

Most posters were in agreement that it was dangerous, however.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-05

24 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Perhaps he means children in adult bodies... in other words: the typical Thai driver. ;-)

I wonder if he has a pistol under the seat to satisfy any possible loss of face. A small Beretta would probably be a good choice for him.

Don't doubt it happens (remember the little girl driving herself to school?), but calling BS on this one. That kid is all of 8 and wouldn't be able to reach the pedals for a start. He's also crunched up against the door, suggesting someone is probably by his side but slouched down. He also looks completely detached (not unlike 99% of Thai drivers :tongue:). It's a setup.

I have personally witnessed an ( est) 7 yr old boy driving a pickup truck whilst sitting on moms lap.

The kid as was in full control of the steering wheel and mom the gears and accelerator.

Yes ! this was on a very busy highway just outside Pattaya, and at 8.30 am when all the factory traffic is on the same highway.

My daughter also attends a school, where at least one 12 year old girl ( M1 ) drives a car to school every day with no supervision.

Is this kid driving the car on his own ? You bet he is.

On 11/5/2016 at 4:07 PM, rmacee said:

U see them ride around on motorbikes at 10-12 ..so natural progression to cars at 13-15 ...remember, as I'm told many times, this is Thailand ..

From six on up in my neck of the woods, usually a couple of friends on board also.