Thaivisa survey: Half of expats have considered leaving Thailand in the last year

rooster59

On 11/5/2016 at 3:08 PM, Wilsonandson said:

This would be of great interest especially now. With immigration rules being tighten regularly and xenophobia on the rise. What options are there for an expat to live, work or retire else where in South East Asia?

Visa rules can't get any easier. Retirement Visa (for US citizens only)  Annual Financial Affidavit from US embassy, 90 day report?  Pretty tough.

Think it's a little low "a whopping 84% said they are unhappier than when they first arrived."

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

The pillars are totally out of place in a house like that from a style standpoint but it's your gaff so it's your choice.

It's the sort of feature somebody like Boycie from Only Fools and Horses would put in a pre-fab.

Trans has pillars, i have columns (outside and inside). to each his own.

columns.jpg

I do find it a bit amusing how readers get this "picture" in their head about another poster. I don't give a stuff about folk knowing who I really am, have posted many pics over the years.

So for Mr.McFishy here is my clock, my hoooose with trusty stead and one of me (heading for 70 and Mrs.Trans heading for 50) taken two days ago....:stoner:
PS..Yes I am holding a fag behind my back....[emoji23]

582bfc7a26901_Photo-0310(1).jpg.98a14d91c5ed609fc4f58071c11cbcdc.jpgPhoto0957-001.jpg.6030cbeedfb7d4a83cc0f2ab107e9961.jpg582bfccae9a18_meandnap3.jpg.8c12329edcd085112ce0e33363013875.jpg

Now your just showing off. Was hoping to see a transam in the driveway. Oh well...

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, transam said:

Sorry to hear that, never mind eh...:sad:........................:laugh:

I'm a London lad born and bred and I love city life.

Living in a breeze-block Boycie Mansion under a noisy airport flight path in the sticks isn't my idea of living the dream but, as I said before, your gaff, your choice.

Still, you have my sympathies.

I like Asoke, I like Western supermarkets, an abundance of taxis and street food, bars, after-hours clubs, restaurants, cinemas, 3 gyms, BTS and MRT less than 90 seconds walk away.

I had that in London, I have it here too.

It's all good

Photo 11-17-16, 10 05 30 AM.jpgPhoto 11-17-16, 10 08 07 AM.jpgPhoto 11-17-16, 10 10 05 AM.jpg

3 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

I'm a London lad born and bred and I love city life.

Living in a breeze-block Boycie Mansion under a noisy airport flight path in the sticks isn't my idea of living the dream but, as I said before, your gaff, your choice.

Still, you have my sympathies.

Photo 11-17-16, 10 05 30 AM.jpg

Photo 11-17-16, 10 08 07 AM.jpg

Photo 11-17-16, 10 10 05 AM.jpg

I don't live under a flight path..:wacko:..You do seem to make a lot of assumptions....But I do not have a fold away bed on my wall as you seem to have.....

1 minute ago, transam said:

I don't live under a flight path..:wacko:..You do seem to make a lot of assumptions....But I do not have a fold away bed on my wall as you seem to have.....

Foldaway bed? Perhaps you're referring to my Mocca La-Z-Boy?

Maybe get those eyes checked grandpa

5555, and my lounge ain't in a stairwell....:sad:

Eh? 

Open-plan is a common feature in split-level condos but look who I'm talking to; a bloke who built a house with styling cues taken from props in Ben Hur

Get with the times, old timer.

1 minute ago, YeahSiam said:

Eh? 

Open-plan is a common feature in split-level condos but look who I'm talking to; a bloke who built a house with styling cues taken from props in Ben Hur

Get with the times, old timer.

The one thing an ol' timer learns through his life is not to take the piss out of someones abode, a route you started. But, if you want that route then expect replies...

Your 'open plan' is a cheap way of constructing a residence in your case.

My ground floor is open plan too, but the staircase is separate..Looks like your place hasn't the room to do that. But, if you are happy that's great..I am happy too...:thumbsup:

Regards Ben..

The one thing an ol' timer learns through his life is not to take the piss out of someones abode, a route you started. But, if you want that route then expect replies...

Your 'open plan' is a cheap way of constructing a residence in your case.

My ground floor is open plan too, but the staircase is separate..Looks like your place hasn't the room to do that. But, if you are happy that's great..I am happy too...:thumbsup:

Regards Ben..

I've not taken issue with any of your comments about my place so it seems like you're the one taking offence, not me.

It's not a cheap manner of construction - it's con-tem-por-ar-y.

Most condos are smaller than full-on houses so of course there's less room but, as anyone who's lived in a condo in Bangkok will tell you, 120 sqm in Asoke is far from small and far from cheap.

Clearly you can dish it out but you can't take it so I'm happy to end this here.

1 minute ago, YeahSiam said:

I've not taken issue with any of your comments about my place so it seems like you're the one taking offence, not me.

It's not a cheap manner of construction - it's con-tem-por-ar-y.

Most condos are smaller than full-on houses so of course there's less room but, as anyone who's lived in a condo in Bangkok will tell you, 120 sqm in Asoke is far from small and far from cheap.

Clearly you can dish it out but you can't take it so I'm happy to end this here.

Seems like a "young" bloke has forgotten his earlier posts...But I am OK, this ol' timer can still remember...

If you paid a lot of dosh for your place that is your ploblem not mine...

May I correct you, YOU slagged my place off for NO reason, that was your route, YOU are the one who cannot deal with my replies to that fact....Twisting stuff with words is a bit naughty Fishy...

Stay out of the kitchen......Do you have a kitchen........?...........:laugh:

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Seems like a "young" bloke has forgotten his earlier posts...But I am OK, this ol' timer can still remember...

May I correct you, YOU slagged my place off for NO reason, that was your route, YOU are the one who cannot deal with my replies to that fact....Twisting stuff with words is a bit naughty Fishy...

I didn't "slag off" your place.

It's called harmless banter and you do an awful lot of it on this forum.

However, apparently, you don't like it when you're on the receiving end.

Yes, I have a kitchen

Sometimes I miss the homeland, or at least Europe, very much. More like-minded people, less deadly roads, no language barrier, Italian and French food, etc... but I'm pretty sure I don't miss it as much as I would miss Thailand and the Thais after 3 weeks there. 

That applies for me as well. After 3 weeks of our annual Germany trip (which includes another country such as Italy,etc. ) it's quite enough and time to return to TH. Although if i talk "home " it's always Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

52 minutes ago, transam said:

LOL.

My kitchen in the sticks.

IMG_0023.JPG

That applies for me as well. After 3 weeks of our annual Germany trip (which includes another country such as Italy,etc. ) it's quite enough and time to return to TH. Although if i talk "home " it's always Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I expect the latest bunch that have recently exited permanently are in for big depressing shock after about 3 weeks

Archived