Marriage Proposal Ideas

gjta12

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

As i already mentioned the guy is dumber than a brick. Tried warning him numerous times and got the typical cooked brain look. Work of fiction ?  Let me guess you have never heard this common story before? What universe do you live in ? As for your other comments it seems like i hit a nerve that reminded you of your own nightmare.

I've heard the stories before all of them, a mate this that and the other,  I belive only the people I see and tell me. So far only one divorce and it was amicable. I have no nightmare my friend but am at a loss on "my other coments you mention" can you remind me please. Ps remind me not to be your mate I withdraw the word friend a friend like you is my idea of my worst enemy.

Edited by Deepinthailand

Not sure why you would want to go down this route, but if you really do, a quiet restaurant, nice food, where you know that there is almost no chance of you both knowing anyone in case she says no. And just tell her you love her and want to be with her for the rest of your life etc. Then

1) Have a ring at the ready if she says yes and

2) Get a pre nup sorted before you marry her. That way you will know what she is really after. If she signs it, she really does love you, and 

3) NEVER, EVER, put any property or shares in her name, saves a lot of trouble further down the line.

1 minute ago, hdkane said:

amazing how a snarky comment gets so many likes...perfectly embodies what i dislike about farangs in thailand

Ha ha.. And I dislike people with zero sense of humor... Funny how we all like and dislike different things. 

there are some wonderful beaches here in thailand...visit one, have a picnic, and propose...or go to a nice restaurant in a hotel...if she says yes, then go up to your room that you have already booked and prepared with nice romantic gestures...

Just now, tonray said:

Ha ha.. And I dislike people with zero sense of humor... Funny how we all like and dislike different things. 

no sense of humor...you're just pissing on someone's parade...assuming this guy is not a kid, he knows what he's doing, so just answer his question...don't you think life is difficult enough without <deleted>, such as those who think this is funny? read the entire thread here...and see how many people want to deviate off topic...

I have always thought a marriage proposal should be private moment between the couple. I think the majority of Thai women think same. Proposing in public may be an embarrassing time for her. Keep it simple. Maybe a favorite restaurant you both enjoy, table away from the other customers, some good food and get'er done. If she says YES, buy a round for the crew and other guests. Don't make a show out of it. Keep it simple. IMHO

Good luck

23 minutes ago, hdkane said:

no sense of humor...you're just pissing on someone's parade...assuming this guy is not a kid, he knows what he's doing, so just answer his question...don't you think life is difficult enough without <deleted>, such as those who think this is funny? read the entire thread here...and see how many people want to deviate off topic...

Now.. THAT'S funny! 

24 minutes ago, hdkane said:

Goodness,  goodness!  You must have had a really bad day.

Many Moons ago i arrived for yet another month or so and the now wife met me at the airport.  As she drove me home i said to her ''Do you think we should be daft enough to get married on one of my visits and make things all legal and proper like; after all, we have been somewhat togetherish for three years already ?    ''I guess we could'' she said, so i did all the required defamation crap and the next visit we did the Village wedding bit to keep the Jungle Bunnies happy and the next day went off to rubber stamp it all at The Amphur.   All very painless really and here we are ten years later still enjoying each others company even though i'm retired and live all around her feet daily.

It wasn't the most romantic of proposals i would admit but i've always been one for the more workmanlike approach to everything.

I always recommend that a guy wanting to have a Thai wife should live with her 24/7 for at least six months. Longer is better. They are great actresses but can pull off an act only so long. The warts become obvious over a period of time. I lived with several women before I found my wife. One had a gambling problem. That is the worst possible problem that you could have. It's much worse than drugs and drugs are bad. One who had never been in a bar in her life turned out to be the most mercenary woman that I ever knew. Another had kids and she and the kids came as a package deal.  Nothing wrong with that but I am too selfish to raise a second family that didn't belong to me. Some guys enjoy kids. I have no patience and they get on my nerves.

4 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

I've heard the stories before all of them, a mate this that and the other,  I belive only the people I see and tell me. So far only one divorce and it was amicable. I have no nightmare my friend but am at a loss on "my other coments you mention" can you remind me please. Ps remind me not to be your mate I withdraw the word friend a friend like you is my idea of my worst enemy.

Never said you were my friend. Something we can agree on. like i said i think you live in a different Thailand. La La Land Thailand maybe?

On 11/6/2016 at 6:32 AM, tonray said:

Dinner at the Tesco food court ?

the "Lock and Load"  gun dealer , there you can buy a cheap 22 cal Saturday night special with one bullet . promptly blow your brains out .  it is better then the slow death of marriage ............

I would propose just by asking: honey? 

For which there's only one right answer: yes?

There you go, proposal accepted. 

But since you are not me and have some decency in you, you would take her to a nice place, preferably a small cute restaurant, where there's only the two of you, which can be arranged in advance. 

Make them play music, throw some flowers, light some scented candles, have them cook her favorite food. Be creative. 

She will be beside herself. After take her home and prove her that she made the right choice when she said yes. 

On 11/6/2016 at 2:19 PM, chickenslegs said:

I was on Koh Samet recently (Ao Prao beach). During the evening one of the resorts had roped off a small section of the beach and set up a decorated canvas "sala". Inside was a table, 2 chairs, and champagne cooler - all lit by candles.

I think the couple dining there were celebrating an anniversary. Mrs Chickenslegs was impressed - quite gooey in fact (leading to questions about my own lack of romantic gestures:whistling:).

I expect that many resorts, on many islands, could set up something like this. You could tell her you have booked a few days holiday on an island, then spring this as a surprise and make your proposal.

Also, you could add to the surprise by having friends/family hidden away, to join the celebration (assuming she says yes). But this would take a greater degree of organisation.

I  love the "Mrs  chickenlegs":thumbsup:

On 11/8/2016 at 2:09 AM, kalidescopemind said:

There is something called som sit, or something, its how much you have to pay the family to marry the girl.  Maybe you should inquire about if you can afford her first.  :)

yeah also som stand, but your right som sit most of the time

On 11/6/2016 at 5:38 PM, hdkane said:

amazing how a snarky comment gets so many likes...perfectly embodies what i dislike about farangs in thailand

I didnt go that far we  sat at a roadside  stall and ate so for me its  no "snarky  comment"  in fact a bit  hi-so