Inside the abandoned Batman Nightclub left to rot for two decades after the music stopped

snoop1130

Inside the abandoned Batman Nightclub left to rot for two decades after the music stopped

Abandoned-Batman-Nightclub.jpg

The Batman Nightclub in Pattaya, Thailand, was a thriving venue two decades ago

The Batman Nightclub in the Thai resort town of Pattaya has been brought back to life with this stunning set of photographs

These eerie pictures show what happens when the party finally stops.

They give a glimpse inside an abandoned Batman themed Nightclub that closed its doors over 20 years ago.

Constructed in 1994 just south of Bangkok, Thailand, the nightclub was one of Pattaya's most thriving spots for night-time entertainment.

Full Story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/inside-abandoned-batman-nightclub-left-9208154

LoL - "just south of Bangkok"

My buddy lives across the street from that place. The bank apparently wants a big chunk of change for the property and no one wants to cough up that much plus whatever it's cost to renovate the place (or tear it down and start over again). Biggest problem with the location is all the sois around it are tiny little streets barely big enough for 2 small cars to pass each other. A fair amount of parking around the building (or used to be) but it'd be murder trying to get buses full of tourists into the place. Just getting people in/out of there would be a pain due to location.

(There was a rumour a couple years ago that someone wanted to buy the place and turn it into a shopping mall. Can't see that ever happening. Maybe a low rent apartment building or sweatshop, but not a mall.)

Edited by Kerryd

3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Why, did superman frequent the place?

Trust me mate, it the most popular phone booth in pattaya.

Check it out. Just press the button on the right hand side of the door.

Free coffee 9am-1pm.

Judt stand out the.front of batman, look around and you will.see it.

16 minutes ago, getreal said:

Trust me mate, it the most popular phone booth in pattaya.

Check it out. Just press the button on the right hand side of the door.

Free coffee 9am-1pm.

Judt stand out the.front of batman, look around and you will.see it.

Nothing is free in Thailand. What is the catch?

Actually those are my pictures.  The full series is here. There was more to the story that couldn't be published due to lack of sources.  For the purpose of curiosity, I'd really like to know if anyone has any information regarding a fire that occurred there.  The man that we spoke with, Hae (pictured), said that he used to work at the club when it was operational.  He said that after 18 months or so of operation a fire broke out and killed scores of people, while he and another manager escaped out of a short-time room window on the top floor (he pointed to some scaffolding that he used to climb out).   He said the others on the club floors below couldn't get out due to the electrically operated doors being short-circuited by the fire.  He also said that the owner paid the press and authorities to keep it quiet so that he wouldn't have to pay the families of the deceased.  Apparently, SCB now owns the property.  Hae seemed genuine in his very detailed, seemingly heartfelt description, but he is only a single source.  If anyone has any further information on this site I'd be very interested in knowing.  The story has already been published, of course, so it would just be for my own curiosity and to add a more detailed/intriguing backstory to the series.  

30155786592_7ce54e282f_b.jpg

Edited by diznax

54 minutes ago, diznax said:

Actually those are my pictures.  The full series is here. There was more to the story that couldn't be published due to lack of sources.  For the purpose of curiosity, I'd really like to know if anyone has any information regarding a fire that occurred there.  The man that we spoke with, Hae (pictured), said that he used to work at the club when it was operational.  He said that after 18 months or so of operation a fire broke out and killed scores of people, while he and another manager escaped out of a short-time room window on the top floor (he pointed to some scaffolding that he used to climb out).   He said the others on the club floors below couldn't get out due to the electrically operated doors being short-circuited by the fire.  He also said that the owner paid the press and authorities to keep it quiet so that he wouldn't have to pay the families of the deceased.  Apparently, SCB now owns the property.  Hae seemed genuine in his very detailed, seemingly heartfelt description, but he is only a single source.  If anyone has any further information on this site I'd be very interested in knowing.  The story has already been published, of course, so it would just be for my own curiosity and to add a more detailed/intriguing backstory to the series.  

Electrically operated doors was never a good idea for a nightclub full of drunks and smokers ....was it!

Like the idea of short-time rooms on the top floor though...:passifier:

41 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

There's a difference ???   :w00t:

Katoeys are taller and don't wear capes all the time.    And also (usually) don't wear their undies on the outside.

Oooh! Was that Robin or Robyn?  Never though of that before.  A conveniently androgynous name.

8 hours ago, diznax said:

Great Photos. Looked at you online portfolio and was also impressed. I hope you find your information...

10 hours ago, diznax said:

30155786592_7ce54e282f_b.jpg

Your source is a sensation seeker.

Batman disco was only operational for a limited time. The fire didn't cause scores of deaths, because the fire happened after it was shut down for months already.

The owner was a Taiwanese, with loads of gold dentures, and was deported for fraud.

16 hours ago, crankshaft said:

Great Photos. Looked at you online portfolio and was also impressed. I hope you find your information...

I did find some more information...I guess, if Hae actually does swim in that water, it may not be the best idea:  http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222073/body-found-abandoned-discotheque-south-pattaya/

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 6:24 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

So you are paying them to eat. I think we are stretching the word free a bit here.

No, as i said, free coffee from 9-1. I wasnt talking about the eating part.

Free snacks also.all.day.

Interesting photos, i might have to.go and.check it out tomorow and.after that go and make a phine call and get a free coffee.

My understanding was the.fire.happened.after it had already.closed.