Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Can anyone advise on the location of this on Samui?

@khunPer  ?

Not instantly ringing a bell. There's a ferry or larger boat on the sea in the background of image two, and no islands visible in the horizon. I'll try to check in someone in my network knows it. 

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Not instantly ringing a bell. There's a ferry or larger boat on the sea in the background of image two, and no islands visible in the horizon. I'll try to check in someone in my network knows it. 

Cheers... I'm thinking if there's no land / islands on the horizon it could be east coast somewhere. Wouldn't mind checking it out anyway. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Cheers... I'm thinking if there's no land / islands on the horizon it could be east coast somewhere. Wouldn't mind checking it out anyway. 

East cost, that was also my first impression, but the ferry or boat disrupted me. However, I checked with another person very familiar with Samui, and he said that some larger tourist boats sometimes pass at the East coast, but he either couldn't say where it could be.

• Like 1

Amazing photos, I guess you would call it Urbex Photography. There are hundreds upon hundreds of abandoned or half-finished buildings near my village, about 100km from Ubon, as I guess there are in many places around the country. I'd love to know if these are ever published in a book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, diznax said:

Pripyat, the city that once housed 43,000 people,

those who did not die in Pipryat have been rehoused in Slavutich where engineers from many European nationalities, Italians, English, French people live. They work all week on the reactor of Chernobyl and return to Slavutich for WE

Slavutich april 2005

DSCN1741_Slavutich.jpg.21f90cb4f2ba1b74f782418c806a327d.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, faraday said:

Will we ever know how many people died in Chernobyl?

And how many died  sometimes many years after because of radiations ....

Those who didn't died immediatly they were relogated to Slavutich and many died there ..

• Like 1