British pedophile was recently working in Thailand again after legal name change let him get teaching jobs

snoop1130

British pedophile was recently working in Thailand again after legal name change let him get teaching jobs

By Coconuts Bangkok

pedo.jpg

All photos: courtesy of The Sun

A British pedophile, who has been kicked out of Thailand before and served time in prison for molesting children in the country, was recently back in the kingdom — teaching kids again using a new name and new passport!

Alan Smith, 62, secured the false passport in order to assume a fake identity to return to Thailand and take the teaching jobs that put him in close contact with Thai children. And it wasn’t the first time he’d done it.

Smith spent six months in jail in 2005 and earned himself a place on the UK sex offenders’ registry for molesting a 14-year-old girl back then.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/11/09/british-pedophile-was-recently-working-thailand-again-after-legal-name-change-let-him-get

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-11-09

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know racial profiling is not poitically correct inthe wesr but it might be a good idea to do it here.

The UK has a terrible record with child abusers, fourth in the world behind south africa, india and zimbabwe according to research.

These scum frequently prey on child her and in other SE Asian countries. 

Putting up with a bit of extra scutiny would be worth it if it meant keeping the kids.safe. 

You can legally change your name, but not your date and place of birth. If this obnoxious individual has been deported from Thailand before then his date and place of birth needs to be registered in immigration records so that if he arrives back in the country again, that data along with his photo can be used to identify him.

Also, immigration should contact the UK sex offenders register in order to determine what the terms of that are. If he's been banned from coming within a certain distance of any children then immigration can contact the UK police and have him extradited back to the UK for sentencing.

I doubt he, or the school, followed proper procedures in hiring him.   To teach in most schools you need a degree, a police clearance and a Teacher's License (or waiver), at one of those levels his true identity should have been uncovered and he would have been sprung.   

I am quite sure he applied to work at a school I was at.   I don't know what happened with his application, but most likely he didn't make it past the initial vetting, which requires the degree (which would have his original name) on it.   One of the names he used rings a bell.  

Wèll, to be honest, he looks like the perfect English teacher. 

Hmm, I don't think the perfect English teacher should be carrying a female (or male) student .....

Edited by simon43

I taught for six years in Thailand, primary, secondary, college, the government and Thai Teachers. Never once would I consider relations with any of them.

Business is business and pleasure is pleasure, the two do not go hand in hand in any type of workplace.

Many people lack morals and manners.

Disgusting piece of filth..... I hope he's locked up for life.

At the same time.... Thailand needs to seriously think about it's borders. What exactly is the point of sending people on border runs when they don't have decent facilities at the borders to check people..... What's needed is a computer database that's linked (I know you're all laughing now)...... in order to pull up everyone's records.... I'd be happy to give finger prints if it keeps scrum like this out.

2 hours ago, nausea said:

Wèll, to be honest, he looks like the perfect fEnglish teacher. Lots of guys like this, dodgy degrees, etc, but they have such a way with the kids. I wonder why?

He is an utterly despicable creature.

The system in the UK which allowed him to get a new passport is pathetic.

The school which employed him is pathetic, perhaps even despicable, for failing to check him properly. They're also breaking the law.

No he is not a " perfect English teacher".

If you know of "lots of guys like this with dodgy degrees" why are you not exposing them?

I'll answer that for you. Because you don't actually know that do you?

4 hours ago, Scott said:

I doubt he, or the school, followed proper procedures in hiring him.   To teach in most schools you need a degree, a police clearance and a Teacher's License (or waiver), at one of those levels his true identity should have been uncovered and he would have been sprung.   

I am quite sure he applied to work at a school I was at.   I don't know what happened with his application, but most likely he didn't make it past the initial vetting, which requires the degree (which would have his original name) on it.   One of the names he used rings a bell.  

I had a look on Google and as I always thought it's quite easy to change your name by deed poll and the BS is providing it's not for fraudulent purposes so how do the relevant authorities know ?

People with criminal convictions can do it but have to inform certain agencies and anyone on the Sex Offenders Register can too but they must inform the police within 3 days or they commit an offence.

All so simple it seems.

Since the getting of a TL requires a degree and a copy of the transcript, the real name would be revealed and there needs to be a paper trail as to how/why it was changed.   Even in the case of women who have married and changed their name, there is the legal name change document. 

For both, the police clearance includes the checking of the name, former name and any other alias.  

I certainly would be asking some probing questions about a male teaching applicant who had changed his name or where the name on the degree and the name on the passport are not the same.  

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

What happened to the plan to fingerprint all arrivals? it would put a stop to persona non grata changing names to sneak back into the country.

Was that a plan? I wasn't aware of that.
It sounds like a good idea in situations like this one. Did this plan include Thais exiting/re-entering in order to verify identify do you know?

When you apply for the Pink ID card you are fingerprinted, but obviously individuals who don't want to be fringerprined won't apply.

11 hours ago, getreal said:

I know racial profiling is not poitically correct inthe wesr but it might be a good idea to do it here.

The UK has a terrible record with child abusers, fourth in the world behind south africa, india and zimbabwe according to research.

Putting up with a bit of extra scutiny would be worth it if it meant keeping the kids.safe. 

You may find that the numbers are so high because of a certain racial profile in the U.K. have committed these offences, and that racial profile does not tend to visit Thailand

11 hours ago, getreal said:

Not to defended the Brits, but where is this research? Thailand would be on any list where males regularly abuse children. Just look at the recent news. Also, many other countries in the Middle East would also be there.

despicable vagabond this,, his place in the prison,

we often hear about the bio- finger prints, eyes detectors and such advanced technology to check and verify passengers at the airports, crossing borders etc,,

why they did not apply these things to prevent these human rubbish from doing further harm to others?

a such crime should be registered within his data records and be in alert list of the inter-pol, no matter what new names to be obtained, these ethical crimes should remain accompanying him till his tomb,

what a British system this to assist such mangy dogs to disperse again? aren't there some officers wise enough to ban such types?

the role now on the local officers now to get him locked in the prison with double charges, n dual punishment for his dual faking deal