Trump bucks protocol on press access

webfact

9 minutes ago, LennyW said:

LOL, what is with all the pages and pages of drivel about the so called popular vote, Donald Trump won the election, Donald Trump is the next president of the United States of America, get over it and get on with life, jeez i thought all the blethering on about crooked Hillary before the election was bad......this is worse.

Suck it up peeps, move on, nothing to see here!!!!

tears of hillary.jpg

The Schadenboner meter is pegged, boys!

Schadenboner: Illustrated

schadenboner.jpg

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A large number of Republican National Security experts signed a letter opposing Mr. Trump as President.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3007589/Nationalsecurityletter.pdf

The Change(dot)org petition is in no way binding on anything. But if some Republican electors have great respect for persons who signed that letter, who knows?

Edited by JLCrab

18 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

You have just provided the very argument

CaptHaddock is not really making an argument than to communicate the purpose of the electoral college vote according to Hamilton in Federalist 68 wherein CaptHaddock quotes a portion of Hamilton's treatise.

However, such purpose was not written into the Constitution and after more than 200 years, only nine electoral votes were cast against the candidate who won the majority of electoral votes. Democratic tradition counters Hamilton's viewpoints and has served the USA faithfully with predication and political stability without resorting to undefined and vague standards for Presidential eligibility (such as found in the language of the Thailand 2016 draft charter for PM office).The democratic process doesn't guarantee the best candidate wins, only that it was won by a participating plurality.

14 hours ago, Gary A said:

I have to say that I am alarmed by the hate and hostility displayed by some rabid democrats. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It apparently never entered your minds that you COULD and probably are wrong. Time will tell.

newspeak.  can you post a definition of "hate" here and then 10 twitter posts from the donald.  and seriously have that conclusion.       hate speech is pretty easy to spot.    saying donald  is using hate speech and not qualified is  not some twitsted form of "hate" 

the haters  have always  been the anti-clintonistas,  and  possible with some validity.  but,  donalds corrupt ethics are a decade long pattern,  

congrats you own him.

34 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Sorry, this is so reckless, I cannot not even describe the stupidity of whoever started this ridiculous scheme. 

Its quite obvious this moron that would even suggest this stupid idea either does not understand or care of the bloodshed this would create.

You go ahead and sign it, I would dare you to go door to door to people you dont know and try and get them to sign it.

ya, the duck dynasty guys might shoot them,  congrats  on your  new  leader

Keeping to President Elect Press Access.

Has there ever been a President Elect (we are not yet taklking about President)  who has given unfetted Press Access and free rides on his plane?

I fail to see a protocol that he has broken

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/newswar/tags/bush.html

Edited by harrry

Posts lobbying members to sign a petition have been removed:

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

23) External surveys seeking information from ThaiVisa members need the written consent by admin. Please contact support at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/contact

Just now, SheungWan said:

There will be a few protests leading up to the electoral vote on December 19 and following that the inauguration on January 20. To be expected.

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a major street protest in D.C. linked to the inauguration of mostly the groups he's insulted and threatened in the campaign. 

Pretty much everyone except white men. 

Posts containing a link to a petition is against forum rules.   We do not permit lobbying on the open forum.   Continuing to do so will result in suspensions.  

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

A petition? What an extraordinary idiotic thought. That process was created by VERY wise men. You should try to actually understand it before you are stupid enough to want to destroy it. It was created to prevent densely populated areas running over the sparsely populated areas. Allowing Kalifornia, the left coast, New York and Illinois to elect the president for everyone with their sheer numbers would be a total disaster. Our founders recognized that huge cities have different needs than rural areas and provided for that.

1 hour ago, CaptHaddock said:

Let's see how many millions will not tolerate Trump.

*Sigh*

Why can you not get off of this? How many millions will not tolerate Trump? I don't even know what that means. He got in fair and square.

Its just incredible/laughable that some of you guys are so butt-hurt by all this. This is an atypical election with totally shit atypical candidates and some camps (and media) are ROCKED AND SHOCKED by an atypical result. 

Lawd

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There will be a few protests leading up to the electoral vote on December 19 and following that the inauguration on January 20. To be expected.

Protest = ok

Riots, burning, looting, destroying lives & property (for pay) - lock them up, seize their assets & throw away the key....Most are lead by hired thugs.....Hired for this purpose....

Edited by pgrahmm

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a major street protest in D.C. linked to the inauguration of mostly the groups he's insulted and threatened in the campaign. 

The point is the Dems supported the stupid College system because it served them well but Trump beat them. It's OBVIOUS that the popular vote should be the one that elects a POTUS and Gore should also have been Pressie saving 1000s lives but the Dems felt it served them well.

19 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

with restriction or requirement on what basis they should decide. 

My point is that the Constitution does not mandate nor specify what motivates an electoral vote apart from the prescribed process. Again, history has shown that only nine electoral votes were cast contrary to what was assigned to the winning candidate - statiscally irrelevant. By democratic tradition and culture, faith in the electoral college has prevailed.

With regard to the G.W. Bush Jr. presidency leading the US into a fully constitutional war and lack of any post-war governing plan, the shortcoming of democracy was the inability to prevent one party to not only win the presidency but both chambers of Congress - essentially the check and balance of government actions was subverted.

Democrat Senator Elizabeth Warren said it best, "We Stand Up and Fight Back" with democratic civic activism, to be vigilant and VISIBLE in protest against Trump bigotry and isolationist policies. But where there is Demoract and Republican overlap in ares of common goals, work together - no political scorched earth attitude.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

"We Stand Up and Fight Back" video.

5 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Protest = ok

Riots, burning, looting, destroying lives & property (for pay) - lock them up, seize their assets & throw away the key....Most are lead by hired thugs.....Hired for this purpose....

I wonder what the pay rate is and whether the job is unionized. If there's danger money top up could be worth applying.

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

The point is the Dems supported the stupid College system because it served them well but Trump beat them. It's OBVIOUS that the popular vote should be the one that elects a POTUS and Gore should also have been Pressie saving 1000s lives but the Dems felt it served them well.

I wouldn't bother trying to change the electoral college system. That's never going to happen. Focus on winnable fights, which for anti-trumpists now, is THIN picking. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"Half of Trump supporters belong in, what I like to call, the Basket of Deplorable's"

"Racist" "Sexist" Bla Bla.... 

Yep, thats about, what? 30,000,000 Americans insulted right there, and clearly things like that made ol' "Hill" crash and burn. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't bother trying to change the electoral college system. That's never going to happen. Focus on winnable fights, which for anti-trumpists now, is THIN picking. 

What are winnable fights for you guys? I don't really get it.... 

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do you really expect the rapists and drug mules from south of the border to attend?

Just now, SheungWan said:

I am having trouble making sense of that.

Congresspersons are currently apportioned by population census. The guy that wants to petition to throw out the will of the voters by overriding the electoral college is using popular votes as his basis rather than electoral votes which are apportioned in the same number as congresspersons. I was just curious how far down the rabbit hole he wanted to go.

Just now, Jingthing said:

People are wasting their time arguing about the electoral college. That's set in stone and the small states would never vote to overturn it.

Then why on gods green earth do you and other posters keep harping on about it? This and the "Popular Vote"

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

That's it!  You're on Ignore there Buddy! :shock1:

555 while I do not use that ignore function

I agree ignoring this idiotic appeal is best course.

If we give such whining traction they start to believe it is a valid subject