Singer Leonard Cohen dies aged 82

webfact

2 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Yes, KD Lang a close second.

I will have to check that one out.

Apparently Bob Dylan did a fantastic version and it was included in many live shows, But it never got recorded

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I will have to check that one out.

Apparently Bob Dylan did a fantastic version and it was included in many live shows, But it never got recorded

Try this - from uwhatsit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuLmf7DMPPo

Like it, but not like the original Leonard.

Shouldn't say it, but lets hope Bob is not next, there are not enough of the good one's left already.

Edited by MiKT

My X turned me on Leonard Cohen in the late 60's,  when I 

moved to LOS, a CD of his works also came with me, I play

it every months to keep me sane.

rice555

Not to lessen this thread, on the BBC they said that Leon

Russel had died..

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:23 AM, LannaGuy said:

can't you, at least out of respect, like HIS version?  this thread is not about Buckley or KD Lang's renditions of one of his songs. Leonard did a fantastic version of the song HE wrote  RiP

Leonards was THE version, nothing else comes close.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, bendejo said:

So long, Uncle Lenny. 

Several weeks ago he released an album, and New Yorker printed this article.  It sort of comes off like a pre-written obit.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/17/leonard-cohen-makes-it-darker

Get the article soon before New Yorker puts it behind its paywall.

Good article thanks.

Leonard "I'm your man".

2 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Could not stand his material, depressing and pretentious 

You obviously don't know the meaning of pretentious,  but let me enlighten you..........your post is very good example of pretentiousness, if in your obvious real ignorance of his work, you can say that about this genius of a song writer.

Sad you found him depressing,  perhaps you should have your head examined, sorry that could be construed as insulting you. I mean maybe you should consider consulting a psychologist for your depression.

Who the hell could find the "Tower of Song" pretentious?

13 minutes ago, MiKT said:

You obviously don't know the meaning of pretentious,  but let me enlighten you..........your post is very good example of pretentiousness, if in your obvious real ignorance of his work, you can say that about this genius of a song writer.

Sad you found him depressing,  perhaps you should have your head examined, sorry that could be construed as insulting you. I mean maybe you should consider consulting a psychologist for your depression.

Who the hell could find the "Tower of Song" pretentious?

MikT,......thai3 just likes winding up posters, he's the Alf Garnett of TVF.

Of course we don't want to remember Leonard Cohen because of the way he died, but I think this information will be of interest to many, perhaps for themselves or an elder friend or relative:

The Major Fall

What killed Leonard Cohen is one of the rising causes of death among the elderly. Here’s how you can protect yourself.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2016/11/leonard_cohen_died_from_falling_a_common_cause_of_death.html

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course we don't want to remember Leonard Cohen because of the way he died, but I think this information will be of interest to many, perhaps for themselves or an elder friend or relative:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2016/11/leonard_cohen_died_from_falling_a_common_cause_of_death.html

I am pretty sure he could still cut his toenails, so like to think he died with a glass of red wine or whisky in his hand dreaming about the myriads of beautiful women who queued up to take their clothes of for him.

Leonard, I'm still your man and will be listening to you with great pleasure until I join you; unfortunately not in the Tower of Song, but gazing up in awe and giving thanks to all those on the floors above and below you. Although in truth the decks above you will be very scarcely populated, not that many who deserve to be above you in that illustrious abode.