Faces of evil - two Thai men who lured Chonburi five year olds into the woods

webfact

Faces of evil - two Thai men who lured Chonburi five year olds into the woods

pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHONBURI: -- These are the faces of two men who lured  a five year old girl and boy into the woods in Chonburi yesterday evening.

Authorities had to whisk them away as a lynching party of angry villagers threatened to kill them on the spot after they were found.

The drama began in Ban Suan district of central Chonburi at 6.30 pm when the two children had not come home, reports Sanook

A large contingent of police and soldiers were mobilized for a search after a neighbor said that he had seen two men known as "Dam" and "Tik" taking them on a motorcycle into the woods.

At 10pm the boy was seen running from the woods next to the temple of Wat Weluwan in Nong Chang Khok district.

The search party focus shifted to that area where they found a man later identified as Jotphong, 27, who was drunk and incoherent. 

He blamed his partner :"Tik" for taking the girl. He was soon found leading the frightened girl by the hand next to the Chonburi motorway.

His name is Kamphon, 37.

Both men were taken into custody as an angry mob that had gathered tried to attack them.

Kamphon made an excuse that he had taken the children to get some fruit. Both the children said they had been told they were going to the market to buy things and had gone with the men.

Both children repeated they had suffered slapping and kicking.

The men have initially been charged with abduction and detained.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Mob rules.

Kill, kill, kill them all

Hang the high!

What about the rule if law?

Yeah, yeah. Until this happens to your own kids! 

I would have preferred if they were left with the mob.

I do have 2 kids and yes I will harm anyone who will harm my kids! 

32 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

These two did not obey the rule of law, should they receive better ?? NOT !!

They should be forced to undergo justice.

If society climbs down to the level of those kind of animals, the end is gone.

Of course they should be punished, very much and long.

But not by a launch mob.

By a court of law.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Mob rules.

Kill, kill, kill them all

Hang the high!

What about the rule if law?

the level of a civilization can be measure by how suspects are handled before being tried. seems there are many uncivilized people in this forum. remember i was told to grow a pair by someone who thought it was ok for the police to bash a suspected child molester. think he was thinking with his balls and not his head.

Normally, I would agree about the "rule of law" but what about when the law is an ass, as is often the case in Thailand?   It certainly is in Norway, where a guy can kill over 70 kids and adults  and then have a ruling in his favour when he complains about only having three cells to himself and not being allowed the internet etc.  No wonder ordinary law-abiding citizens lose faith in the legal system and in extreme circumstances take the law into their own hands.  It seems to me that there are too many people who sympathise with the plight of the criminals when jailed but totally disregard the often long-term traumatic effect on their victims.  Most of these rapists and  child molesters show no remorse and often commit the same offence over and over again.

as much as I agree with most of the comments on this thread so far if there was some sort of sexual assault or similar that took place or a more serious crime, I cannot find any mention of it in the report.

From what I read these took/lured the kids into the woods motive unknown at this point and according  the children they slapped them around a bit, there is no clear reason why

It is a bit of a weird one

It´s simple. They did something wrong. Even if it´s horrible they should be judged by the law. If we can´t do that, we don´t stand a chance to
uphold a civilized society. No mob, no people on this forum juast by the justice system that everybody here always says is lacking. Maby think about that
it´s you that want´s it to work, and now so many here want´s to use the mob.

46 minutes ago, geisha said:

They deserve a long prison sentence. What on earth is happening to Thailand ? Every single day the news is full of rapes and murders, child molesters and crazed school kids killing each other ? Is this a breakdown of society ? 

Nope.

This is Thailand.

as much as I agree with most of the comments on this thread so far if there was some sort of sexual assault or similar that took place or a more serious crime, I cannot find any mention of it in the report.

From what I read these took/lured the kids into the woods motive unknown at this point and according  the children they slapped them around a bit, there is no clear reason why

It is a bit of a weird one

Nope.
This is Thailand.

I can't really understand your pragmatic view.

Two men towards their forties abduct (which is what they did) two five year olds and hurt them sexual assault or not irrelevant then slapped then around 'a bit' you almost sound as though you are condoning it - what else do you think there is to this story?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app