SURVEY: Did the US elect the right person as President?

Scott

SURVEY: Is President-elect, Donald, the right person to be the next President?  

504 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, NovaBlue05 said:

The Secret Service are the only ones with a valid concern over what office the President decides to use at any given time.

Out of respect for them, I would choose Mar-a-Lago

in the winter

He's already beginning to look like another Howard Hughes. 

11 hours ago, kevkev1888 said:

Well lets see how popular he is in 4 or 8 years. :coffee1:

Speaking of 4 to 8 years here come da judge.

Trump U.

Trump is trying to settle big time in a confidential agreement. The kind he said he never does. Wise however cause it would be awkward going from his swearing in to the defendant's table in the U.S. District Court in San Diego. 

For fraud.

Image result for image trump behind bars prison

"Place your left hand through the bars and on the Bible, raise your right hand above the horizontal bar and repeat after me..."

Edited by Publicus
Add image.

1 hour ago, NovaBlue05 said:

281 yes with 462 votes cast.

Looks like Hillary's TVF popular support has reached its zenith at 39%.

Hopefully, no recount will be requested

This is the final request to stay on topic in this and the other threads about US politics.   The poll does not say anything about Hillary Clinton.   It inquires about the current president-elect.  

Final public warning given.  

On 11/12/2016 at 8:25 PM, NovaBlue05 said:

The media and DNC have sorted out how to include the deceased vote and the illegal alien vote but  hasn't yet figured out the test to sort out how to exclude the voter because they are "too white" (ie: not "Progressive").

This is similar http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/nov/18/blog-posting/no-3-million-undocumented-immigrants-did-not-vote-/ to your claim; would hope all concerned "FACT CHECK" what is said/written

A lot of posters complaining about the popular vote not being recognized.

If so many are upset about it, they should contact their representatives and get it changed.

Moaning about something that IS the only system currently in place is a waste of time and achieves nothing.

:coffee1:

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Of course the US elected the best person.  Here's a list of foreign leaders Trump has spoken so far and he hasn't bowed down to one of them yet!  :smile:

Here's A List Of World Leaders President Elect Trump Has Spoken To So Far

Donald Trump had his first face-to-face meeting with a foreign head of state on Thursday. Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe stopped by Trump Tower for an "unofficial" meeting with the President Elect and said that the two had a "very candid discussion" and that he believed that the US and Japan would be able to continue "a relationship of trust."

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/heres-a-list-of-world-leaders-15316636/

19 hours ago, kevkev1888 said:

Now that is funny :cheesy:

To be pedantic he has not lost the national popular vote, as they are still counting. He is loosing it currently, (not that it matters a jot).  Also I am sure that you will find there will be some compromises. Trump knows how to get things done.   He is a winner!   

Perhaps your definition of a winner is;  Someone who goes bankrupt 5 times while ripping off contractors and investors.  Oh perhaps a winner is someone who pays hush money to avoid a trial (fake university rip-off) that he knows he will lose.   Would you also call Madoff a winner?  He made a lot of money (and paid no taxes) for several years.   That should define him as a winner in the view of a Trump supporter.  No matter that both Trump and Madoff leave trails of angry newly-impoverished workers in their wake.

11 hours ago, yrag said:

Rob 13/  I.D. 5    how juvenile your mentality, slamming trump..name calling and tweets...has more brains in his penis than your peanut head...delusional small man..be you

He has brains in his penis?  I'll let you study that.  I'll take a pass.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tropo opines; "...  I think Trump will probably work harder than any other US president in history."

Is that a joke?  Even his fiercest apologists say he doesn't read books.  He knows scant little about topics or geography or how government works.  If you want to see a hard-working president: look at Carter or Clinton or Obama.  They're the type who show up at work at 7 am, stroll the halls knocking on office doors, entering to discuss important issues with top politicians, and attending meetings from sun-up to sun-down to gauge what ordinary Americans are concerned about.  

Trump is the opposite.  He hides from the press corps.  He misses debates (remember the Republican debate he chickened out from last year?).  2 days ago, the Australian PM wanted to speak with Trump but didn't have any way of contacting him.  He got a famous Aussie golf player to give him Trump's personal tel#.   Trump will out-do Bush Jr. in shirking responsibility.   Trump has already stated that Pence will do most of the heavy lifting.   He will go down in history for being the most out-to-lunch prez in history, except maybe Garfield.

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:
1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

Of course the US elected the best person.  Here's a list of foreign leaders Trump has spoken so far and he hasn't bowed down to one of them yet!  :smile:

Donald Trump had his first face-to-face meeting with a foreign head of state on Thursday. Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe stopped by Trump Tower for an "unofficial" meeting with the President Elect and said that the two had a "very candid discussion" and that he believed that the US and Japan would be able to continue "a relationship of trust."

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/heres-a-list-of-world-leaders-15316636/

Watched Political Mann on CNN this morning.  He reported the meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister, Mr Abe ,however, did not show any footage.  His comment on this was.  We didn't show video as Donald Trump banned the American press from attending and this was despite there being video taken by the Japanese press however, we elected not to show this as it could be construed as Propaganda. Can you believe their inane comments. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

52 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Tropo opines; "...  I think Trump will probably work harder than any other US president in history."

Is that a joke?  Even his fiercest apologists say he doesn't read books.  He knows scant little about topics or geography or how government works.  If you want to see a hard-working president: look at Carter or Clinton or Obama.  They're the type who show up at work at 7 am, stroll the halls knocking on office doors, entering to discuss important issues with top politicians, and attending meetings from sun-up to sun-down to gauge what ordinary Americans are concerned about.  

Trump is the opposite.  He hides from the press corps.  He misses debates (remember the Republican debate he chickened out from last year?).  2 days ago, the Australian PM wanted to speak with Trump but didn't have any way of contacting him.  He got a famous Aussie golf player to give him Trump's personal tel#.   Trump will out-do Bush Jr. in shirking responsibility.   Trump has already stated that Pence will do most of the heavy lifting.   He will go down in history for being the most out-to-lunch prez in history, except maybe Garfield.

LOL> thanks for your opine on Tropo's opine.

I'll opine again -  you are wrong. He's a very hard worker or were you sleeping during his election campaign. He never sleeps. That's one of the reasons he won. 

You have so much hate for Trump you can't put a reasonable paragraph together. I suggest you slow down, take a deep breath, and think before you type. 

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A lot of posters complaining about the popular vote not being recognized.

If so many are upset about it, they should contact their representatives and get it changed.

Moaning about something that IS the only system currently in place is a waste of time and achieves nothing.

:coffee1:

:laugh:    The "moaning" is coming from the post itself. 

The rightwhinge refuses to acknowledge the national Popular Vote factor of the Constitution in this erection because Donald Trump is more than a million votes behind in the national Popular Vote count as it winds to its conclusion in the coming dayze.

And, because everyone involved in the count of the national Popular Vote says Trump will lose the national Popular Vote. That Hillary Clinton is winning the national Popular Vote counting and shall win the national Popular Vote count on its impending conclusion.

The right deny the validity and consequence of the national Popular Vote. The rightwhinge instead point only to the Rube Goldberg Electoral College system. Only.

Rube Goldberg Electoral College Vote Machine

Rube+Goldberg+invention+cartoon+voting+machine+election.jpg

Rube Goldberg: "The election is over when the clerks go unconscious."

Yes the Rube Goldberg Electoral College is in the Constitution but then so is the First Amendment, which the rightwhinge led by Donald Trump ignore as all of 'em accelerate and intensify their long running attacks against MSM.

The Rube Goldberg Electoral College

http://www.opednews.com/articles/The-Rube-Goldberg-Electora-by-Sheldon-Drobny-Electoral-College_History_President_Undemocratic-Electoral-College-160715-672.html 

Donald Trump btw is the most unpopular Potus-Elect in the history of the office and the country. 

5 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

The consequence of the national Popular Vote = ZERO

Its not zero. It means the party in power doesn't have a popular mandate. That has zero ramifications in carrying out a moderateish agenda, but an unpopular highly partisan agenda will come with a price that will be paid at the mid term elections.

45 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> thanks for your opine on Tropo's opine.

I'll opine again -  you are wrong. He's a very hard worker or were you sleeping during his election campaign. He never sleeps. That's one of the reasons he won.  You have so much hate for Trump you can't put a reasonable paragraph together. I suggest you slow down, take a deep breath, and think before you type. 

I know a German man who doesn't sleep - or not more than about 80 minutes at a time.  He lives in a tiny apartment and is clinically depressed.   Pointing at a man who doesn't sleep as a model for being a good executive is nutty.  

I admit, he's known for tweeting at 3 or 4 am.  He did one where he recommended American people look at a sex video that doesn't exist, in his campaign to fat-shame a young woman.  I don't so much hate Trump, as I'm spooked by the harm he will do to the US and the natural environment.  

Another way to look at it:  all empires have their fall.  The Tartars fell from power, The Romans fell, Napolean fell.  The Third Reich only lasted a few years.  The US will fall also.   Trump will be an  unwitting driving force in America's demise as a respected world power.  The US probably won't devolve to a so-so force in the world, like Argentina, ....but without its influence, the world will change for the worse:  Iran and several other countries (Saudis, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, etc) will become armed with nukes.  China will get more aggressive in commandeering other countries' territories, Russia will force former Soviet states to come under its control,   Migrations will explode,   and so on and on.  

24 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I know a German man who doesn't sleep - or not more than about 80 minutes at a time.  He lives in a tiny apartment and is clinically depressed.   Pointing at a man who doesn't sleep as a model for being a good executive is nutty.  

I admit, he's known for tweeting at 3 or 4 am.  He did one where he recommended American people look at a sex video that doesn't exist, in his campaign to fat-shame a young woman.  I don't so much hate Trump, as I'm spooked by the harm he will do to the US and the natural environment.  

Another way to look at it:  all empires have their fall.  The Tartars fell from power, The Romans fell, Napolean fell.  The Third Reich only lasted a few years.  The US will fall also.   Trump will be an  unwitting driving force in America's demise as a respected world power.  The US probably won't devolve to a so-so force in the world, like Argentina, ....but without its influence, the world will change for the worse:  Iran and several other countries (Saudis, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, etc) will become armed with nukes.  China will get more aggressive in commandeering other countries' territories, Russia will force former Soviet states to come under its control,   Migrations will explode,   and so on and on.  

Are you able to look your at yourself in a mirror, right in the eyes, and honestly say that you believe what you have written?  He's not even sworn in yet and you are quoting doomsday already. Don't you think that his administration team, the congress and senate have inbuilt safeguards to prevent your doomsday predictions?

Yes, the world is going to change, for the better I believe but it will take time.  As for your other predictions you really don't have any idea do you , as do any of us, so please stop the scaremongering, stick to what you know, which appears to be very little.  Migration has already exploded, or where have you been for the past few years and it was the policies and actions of the Obama Administration, ably assisted by his partner in crime, HRC that caused it. :wai:    

16 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Are you able to look your at yourself in a mirror, right in the eyes, and honestly say that you believe what you have written?  He's not even sworn in yet and you are quoting doomsday already. Don't you think that his administration team, the congress and senate have inbuilt safeguards to prevent your doomsday predictions?

Yes, the world is going to change, for the better I believe but it will take time.  As for your other predictions you really don't have any idea do you , as do any of us, so please stop the scaremongering, stick to what you know, which appears to be very little.  Migration has already exploded, or where have you been for the past few years and it was the policies and actions of the Obama Administration, ably assisted by his partner in crime, HRC that caused it. :wai:    

Another glib and mundane 'look in the mirror' post.

Waiting now for the 'if the shoe was on the other foot' and others like it from the banal right wing. :spam1:

25 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Actually he is correct. All powers fall, and America will fall too, eventually. I'd say China will be the next world power.

Anyway, the point I want to make is a well known saying- "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.
" http://biblehub.com/luke/11-17.htm

For sure America is a divided house.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Its not zero. It means the party in power doesn't have a popular mandate. That has zero ramifications in carrying out a moderateish agenda, but an unpopular highly partisan agenda will come with a price that will be paid at the mid term elections.

Irrelevant and therefore ZERO.

Let's wait and see what happens in two years time, and not pretend we know what is going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Publicus said:

Another glib and mundane 'look in the mirror' post.

Waiting now for the 'if the shoe was on the other foot' and others like it from the banal right wing. :spam1:

I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.:wai: 

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

We see why PM Abe and all of East Asia are concerned....

A representative of an association of atomic-bomb survivors said the issue of nuclear weapons must be viewed from a global perspective.

"I hope the US president will approach the matter from a humanitarian stance," said Sunao Tsuboi, of the Japan Confederation of A- and H-Bomb Sufferers Organizations.

"We'll send messages from the atomic-bombed cities to Trump so he can fully understand the terror of nuclear weapons," said Tatsujiro Suzuki, director at the Research Center for Nuclear Weapons Abolition at Nagasaki University.

He said Trump should visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki as soon as possible.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/editors/3/japanreactstotrumpwin/

President Obama gained much respect in Japan and globally by visiting the atom bomb memorial in Hiroshima earlier this year. 

The two bombings in 1945 were necessary to end the war and to communicate to the then Russian Soviet Union of Stalin. Today however it is MAD. 

Mad Max which the Boyz on the Right want with a deranged passion.