What book are reading now?

Wilsonandson

On 11/13/2016 at 7:57 PM, lemonjelly said:

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett, just light hearted comedy. He did for fantasy fiction what Douglas Adams did for science fiction.

Sent from my twisted mind using Thaivisa Connect

Yes your right I watched all 3 of his movies. Just great. He has since passed but fought all the way. Between being on the keyboard and watching "good" (Pre 2000)movies not todays junk I have no time to read. Also I have a short attention span and I know "The butler did it" Been there done it and know who is doing it. Same applies to new movies. 

"Armed Madhouse" by Greg Pallast... fun and games under Bush 2. Also re reading "Satanic Verses" (such a brilliant writer. I am sure 90% of the art would be beyond understanding of the gang that condemned it) and "How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered the World" & "Strange Days Indeed: the Golden Age of Paranoia" by Francis Wheen for entertainment throughout election season.

August/September time frame I read "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami. I was very impressed with the novel.  It is part science fiction/mystery/love story/thriller.  Great book!  After that I reread "The Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins, the first mystery novel written (and probably the best, unless you consider "Moonstone", also by Collins).  Then picked up "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck again.  Now I'm reading a trashy murder mystery "Torn" by Casey Hill.  Hardly worth finishing but I will anyway.

6 minutes ago, DSJPC said:

who really gives a rat's ass what u are reading???...with all the shit going on in the world, is this really relevant???...get a life!!!

A well educated viewpoint, obviously a well read person

4 minutes ago, KNJ said:

"Never go back",  Lee Child, rereading and awaiting Tom Cruise movie of the same, and awaiting a copy of the new Night School.....Go Reacher

I like the Jack Reacher books, but Tom Cruise is badly miscast in this role, it's like Elvis playing Peltin Elton.

Made on attempt at a Reacher novel....pretty awful writing....and the author admits he does it for the money....surprise. Mainly read nonfiction. One of the best books I have ever read The Knife Man.....a fascinating study of the father of modern surgery. This Scot lived in the 1700 hundreds and had a brain that wouldn't accept the status quo. Rewrote the book on surgery, the body, and also on our understanding of animals. Also reading Ann Rule's End of the Dream. About a guy around Seattle who had amazing abilities and incredible luck, but opted for a life of crime. True story.

As for the guy who doesn't care about reading books.....amazing you can actually read TV. 555

Made on attempt at a Reacher novel....pretty awful writing....and the author admits he does it for the money....surprise. Mainly read nonfiction. One of the best books I have ever read The Knife Man.....a fascinating study of the father of modern surgery. This Scot lived in the 1700 hundreds and had a brain that wouldn't accept the status quo. Rewrote the book on surgery, the body, and also on our understanding of animals. Also reading Ann Rule's End of the Dream. About a guy around Seattle who had amazing abilities and incredible luck, but opted for a life of crime. True story.

As for the guy who doesn't care about reading books.....amazing you can actually read TV. 555

I've never accepted Status Quo, wot a load of &lt;deleted&gt; <deleted>![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

45 minutes ago, KNJ said:

"Never go back",  Lee Child, rereading and awaiting Tom Cruise movie of the same, and awaiting a copy of the new Night School.....Go Reacher

I have read all the Jack Reacher novels.  But I can't get my head around 5'8"  140 pound Tom Cruise playing 6'5" 230 pound Jack Reacher.  Night School?  A new JR novel?  I will look for it.  The movie JR should be 'The Rock' Dwayne Johnson.  Tom Cruise?  No way!

Just finished a memoir by Daniel Ellsberg (Secrets) about his involvement in the Vietnam war and his releasing the Pentagon Papers.  Alternating between breathless and outraged while reading.  The Kite Runner is in my unread stack and I have ordered three books on Aquaponics.

1 hour ago, KNJ said:
1 hour ago, DSJPC said:

who really gives a rat's ass what u are reading???...with all the shit going on in the world, is this really relevant???...get a life!!!

A well educated viewpoint, obviously a well read person

Funny I can't find this post and no post seams to be deleted by modd's. :crazy: