Jeremy Clarkson furious after Argentinian airport worker 'kicks him off flight'

webfact

Jeremy Clarkson furious after Argentinian airport worker 'kicks him off flight'

By  Chiara Palazzo 

LONDON: -- Former Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has claimed an Argentinian airport employee stopped him from boarding a flight from Germany to the UK in a "hate crime".

The presenter and his two co-hosts, James May and Richard Hammond, claimed they were "kicked off" the flight from Stuttgart to London Heathrow, the Sun reported.

The former Top Gear co-presenters had been due to take a British Airways flight back to the UK after filming their new programme, The Grand Tour, when a check-in agent allegedly stopped them boarding.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/16/jeremy-clarkson-furious-after-argentinian-airport-worker-kicks-h/

-- The Telegraph 2016-11-16

Arrogant tosser from the sounds of it.

They are drinking in the lounge and miss the boarding announcements, for a BA flight from Germany to the UK. They get to the gate and it's closed.

Guess what ? TOO BAD for you ! The plane may have already been pushed back from the gate, AFTER a lengthy delay during which they no doubt repeatedly tried to page Clarkson & Co. and then had to remove their luggage from the plane as is standard practise. 

I had it happen to me (once) when I forgot to reset my watch after landing in a new timezone. Rather than go into a childish rant and try blaming everyone else I went to the airline counter, explained my mistake and asked them to book me on the next flight. Fortunately they only charged me the fee to change my ticket and didn't charge me for a new fare.

I've also been on flights that were delayed by people who decide to wait until the "final boarding call" before trying to dash to the gate from wherever they'd been stuffing their faces and arriving just as the doors were being closed. Then more delays as their luggage had to be loaded back onto the plane.

It always makes me shake my head that people check in for the flight, have luggage in the hold, and then can't make it to the gate in the 30(+) minutes it normally takes to board. Then you see some that make it by the skin of their teeth, which are still dripping with whatever they'd been cramming into their pie-holes along with to 4-6 bags of duty free that they started shopping for after the flight had already started boarding.

Most of the people sitting around me would prefer the plane just shut the doors and go. You have plenty of time but decide to dawdle and drink/eat/shop instead of going to the gate, even though you know your flight is going to be boarding soon, then too bad. Enjoy waiting around for the next flight. 

58 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

They are drinking in the lounge and miss the boarding announcements, for a BA flight from Germany to the UK. They get to the gate and it's closed.

Guess what ? TOO BAD for you ! The plane may have already been pushed back from the gate, AFTER a lengthy delay during which they no doubt repeatedly tried to page Clarkson & Co. and then had to remove their luggage from the plane as is standard practise. 

I had it happen to me (once) when I forgot to reset my watch after landing in a new timezone. Rather than go into a childish rant and try blaming everyone else I went to the airline counter, explained my mistake and asked them to book me on the next flight. Fortunately they only charged me the fee to change my ticket and didn't charge me for a new fare.

I've also been on flights that were delayed by people who decide to wait until the "final boarding call" before trying to dash to the gate from wherever they'd been stuffing their faces and arriving just as the doors were being closed. Then more delays as their luggage had to be loaded back onto the plane.

It always makes me shake my head that people check in for the flight, have luggage in the hold, and then can't make it to the gate in the 30(+) minutes it normally takes to board. Then you see some that make it by the skin of their teeth, which are still dripping with whatever they'd been cramming into their pie-holes along with to 4-6 bags of duty free that they started shopping for after the flight had already started boarding.

Most of the people sitting around me would prefer the plane just shut the doors and go. You have plenty of time but decide to dawdle and drink/eat/shop instead of going to the gate, even though you know your flight is going to be boarding soon, then too bad. Enjoy waiting around for the next flight. 

if you are in the first class lounge it is normally a duty of care and service to manage first class passengers to their flight - yes there are of course limitations

1 hour ago, nottocus said:

Guy is an idiot.

Unfortunately.

The "a" word would also fit well.

And I don't mean arrogant (another well suited attribute).

Another reason for me to ignore his productions.

An "Argentinian" worker at Stuttgart airport? Oh so likely.

Seems he WAS too drunk to board the plane.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, nottocus said:

Guy is an idiot.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Unfortunately.

The "a" word would also fit well.

And I don't mean arrogant (another well suited attribute).

Another reason for me to ignore his productions.

40 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Could not have happened to a better person.

Loud mouthed arrogant prick.

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their opinion.

But I do have to wonder why you and so many of those who share your opinion feel the need to follow and comment upon his every move!

Why not simply ignore him completely?

BTW, he was  on excellent form on QI last Friday.

Jeremy Clarkson 'flight ban' story comes under scrutiny

REUTLINGEN: -- Police in Germany have queried Jeremy Clarkson's claim he was barred from a UK-bound flight by an airport employee because of a 2014 Top Gear controversy.

A Reutlingen police spokesman said it was "not comprehensible" to link the furore with Clarkson's inability to board a plane at Stuttgart Airport.

Clarkson claimed an airport worker had sworn and said he was from Argentina as he stopped him boarding on Monday.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37997211

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-11-17

24 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

Its a sad incident, but perhaps Jeremy et al learned something from it. Fame and fortune must be tempered with humility and responsibility too.

Yep, he will carry just the same.

It's all good publicity for his latest effort.

I would not be surprised if it was all done deliberately.

19 hours ago, nottocus said:

Guy is an idiot.

About the same as you for reading it except he makes millions out his job and this is fantastic publicity and i just found out his new show starts on friday . As long as there are people like you who call people stupid incorrct names he will always make lots of money .
Bigotted ,racist ,pain in the bum yes stupid no . Extremely entertaining yes

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:33 AM, dazzz said:

About the same as you for reading it except he makes millions out his job and this is fantastic publicity and i just found out his new show starts on friday . As long as there are people like you who call people stupid incorrct names he will always make lots of money .
Bigotted ,racist ,pain in the bum yes stupid no . Extremely entertaining yes

It's all about the money is it? LOL.

Having working in an airport for many years, I can attest to the fact that airlines will search everywhere for passengers who go missing after check-in. Far easier to find drunks in the bar, and hurry them onto their flight, than find and unload the baggage from the hold.

How did the airline lose a BBC crew boozing away in a lounge after being told the flight was delayed?

Clarkson is a prat, but a funny and clever TV presenter. I really enjoyed Top Gear over the years.                                                                                                                                                             When the Argentinians tried to kill the crew several years ago, because of a perceived offensive number plate, and the police stood by without doing their duty, it said more about that country than anything else. This Spanish guy may have made comment supporting the former colony, but I have trouble believing he would jeopardize his job by behaving as Clarkson claimed.