Do you still drink tea?

Wilsonandson

When I first arrived in Thailand over a decade ago now, I would go out my way to make a cup of tea everyday. I'd get my family to send me tea in the post and if I'd run out of British tea I'd be buying lipton's in the supermarket. But that only lasted about 3 years. After a while I got lazy and started brewing up 3 in 1 coffee instead.

Now this is all I drink. How about you?

Have you sucumbed to the 3 in 1 coffee option too?

Oh and I like Yorkshire tea, born and bred.

Tea covers a large area of flavour, makes and brands..

Yes I make 3 lts in the morning so drink tea all day..  more or less the same every day fresh Mulberries straight off the trees, if I am running short then use the leaves..  this morning used 6 leaves and a banana as only 6 berries ripe..

Never remember ever having milk or sugar in any drink even as a kid, so would not even think to use that 3 in 1 stuff..  drink 7 mugs of black coffee every morning..  until about 16 years ago always drank black coffee all day anywhere between 30 - 40 mugs

I live in the UK with my Thai wife but over in LOS at moment and always bring a big bag of Tetley teabags.  My wife buys UHT milk and it really isn't that bad, certainly better than Carnation.

The price of a decent brand of tea in the local Tops makes my eyes smart. 

17 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I like a cup around 3-4pm. No cucumber sandwiches though.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

One cup of tea in the morning, and one in the evening about 7pm with biscuits. I have never even tasted coffee, I hate the smell of it.

and the OP is right Yorkshire tea is the best.

Tea just doesn't taste the same here for some reason - not sure whether its the water/milk or just me!

For the first 5 years or so I drank tea (with only the odd cup of coffee), but when funds were short and so couldn't afford to waste money on expensive, imported tea, I started drinking coffee - and didn't stop when my financial situation improved.

Funnily enough, I still have a few tea bags left (brought by friends when visiting) and when I ran out of coffee one day, had a couple of mugs of tea instead.  I enjoyed them, but still went straight back to coffee after a visit to the shops.

That's interesting that Wilsonandson  changed from tea to coffee, for me the two are too different to substitute. Being English we naturally grew up on tea, a cup or two over breakfast and then one in the afternoon with a slice of marzipan, marshmallow cake, Swiss roll etc. Especially refreshing  was a cucumber and marmite sandwich or two with a cup of tea.when back from school on a late summer afternoon sitting in a deckchair on the lawn.

When I left home and started smoking heavily the tea was even more welcome in the morning to wash away the filthy nicotine and when I moved to Thailand  the heat  was another factor that  made a cup of tea so refreshing though Liptons is a very poor substitute for Typhoo, Brook Bond etc.

For me coffee is for 10.30 am and after lunch- a pick me up that tastes good too.Even I as a peasant balk at that 3 in 1 concoction, Nescafe far better. 

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Tea just doesn't taste the same here for some reason - not sure whether its the water/milk or just me!

For the first 5 years or so I drank tea (with only the odd cup of coffee), but when funds were short and so couldn't afford to waste money on expensive, imported tea, I started drinking coffee - and didn't stop when my financial situation improved.

Funnily enough, I still have a few tea bags left (brought by friends when visiting) and when I ran out of coffee one day, had a couple of mugs of tea instead.  I enjoyed them, but still went straight back to coffee after a visit to the shops.

You put milk in tea? Heathen!  :post-4641-1156694572:

Well just to dispel the myth, I'm American and have always drunk both Tea & Coffee

So to focus on the tea, I'm rather partial to Twinings Earl Grey

So, to prove my love of both, my espresso machine & tea bags, and both are a multiple events every day.

So, no I have not, will not ever ever ever succumb to 3in1

Coffee & Tea.jpg

I'm 'fussy' about tea - presumably because I've drunk so much over the decades that my taste buds know what is 'right' (for me) and what is 'wrong'.  And Liptons is very, very 'wrong'! :lol:

I can still remember (many decades ago) in Finland being presented in a cafe with a cup of hot water with a Liptons teabag on the side.....  But then Finland is a coffee drinking nation.  The Finns know good coffee, but have no interest in tea.

Even though nowadays I drink coffee, I'll be the first to admit that it all tastes pretty much the same to me - which is why, I assume, some drink Liptons tea?  Having said that 3 in 1 (or whatever its called) is revolting because it includes sugar - something I can't abide in tea or coffee.

Incidentally, although I always loved the smell of coffee I rarely drank it (previously) as it made me feel sick.  A brother (who mostly grew up in Finland) said it was adding milk to coffee that caused this - and he was right!

20 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well just to dispel the myth, I'm American and have always drunk both Tea & Coffee

So to focus on the tea, I'm rather partial to Twinings Earl Grey

So, to prove my love of both, my espresso machine & tea bags, and both are a multiple events every day.

So, no I have not, will not ever ever ever succumb to 3in1

Coffee & Tea.jpg

Jay sus you could have at least wiped the fokker down for the photo