Things, I dont understand, in Thailand

Peterw42

31 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Things I Don,t Understand: (1) Foreigners that move here and do little or no research . (2) Foreigners that date and marry Thai hookers. (3) Foreigners that move to Thailand and complain non- stop because it's not like home. (4) Foreigners that move here and never learn to speak a word of Thai, walk around in a bubble totally lost, disoriented , and angry. (5) Foreigners that move half away around the world and spend their entire time hanging with other often very questionable foreigners you would not touch with a ten foot pole back home. (6) Foreigners that spend the majority of their days drunk and out of it causing themselves and the locals constant problems. (7) Foreigners that move to a foreign country and make zero effort to understand and learn the local culture and customs. (8) Foreigners that can only eat the very food they left behind and make zero effort to eat ANY Thai food. (9) Foreigners that believe they are superior to the Thais and therefore should be allowed to treat the locals like crap. (10) Foreigners that dress like total slobs. if you dress like that at home you would be laughed at and likely told you are not allowed to enter any public places. (11) Foreigners that believe that they should be able to grab at any Thai woman because they believe ALL Thai women are hookers. (12) Foreigners dumb enough to buy their Thai hooker a new motorbike, home, gold etc, etc, etc,  and until their bank accounts run dry on the average of about two years. (13) Foreigners that live in a walled off fortress like in Ban Huay Yang  afraid the locals might attack at night and perhaps eat their dogs afterwards. Has to be one of the creepiest places i have ever been to in Southeast Asia.  (14) Foreigners that travel and move here with zero common sense and as dumb as a rock. Below Typical foreigner in Thailand- Typical walled off fortress Ban Huay Yang.

u.jpg

DSC03622(1).jpg

You got issues, Dude! Deal with them before it´s too late. LOL

Edited by Get Real

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

Things I Don,t Understand: (1) Foreigners that move here and do little or no research . (2) Foreigners that date and marry Thai hookers. (3) Foreigners that move to Thailand and complain non- stop because it's not like home. (4) Foreigners that move here and never learn to speak a word of Thai, walk around in a bubble totally lost, disoriented , and angry. (5) Foreigners that move half away around the world and spend their entire time hanging with other often very questionable foreigners you would not touch with a ten foot pole back home. (6) Foreigners that spend the majority of their days drunk and out of it causing themselves and the locals constant problems. (7) Foreigners that move to a foreign country and make zero effort to understand and learn the local culture and customs. (8) Foreigners that can only eat the very food they left behind and make zero effort to eat ANY Thai food. (9) Foreigners that believe they are superior to the Thais and therefore should be allowed to treat the locals like crap. (10) Foreigners that dress like total slobs. if you dress like that at home you would be laughed at and likely told you are not allowed to enter any public places. (11) Foreigners that believe that they should be able to grab at any Thai woman because they believe ALL Thai women are hookers. (12) Foreigners dumb enough to buy their Thai hooker a new motorbike, home, gold etc, etc, etc,  and until their bank accounts run dry on the average of about two years. (13) Foreigners that live in a walled off fortress like in Ban Huay Yang  afraid the locals might attack at night and perhaps eat their dogs afterwards. Has to be one of the creepiest places i have ever been to in Southeast Asia.  (14) Foreigners that travel and move here with zero common sense and as dumb as a rock. Below Typical foreigner in Thailand- Typical walled off fortress Ban Huay Yang.

u.jpg

DSC03622(1).jpg

Very , very true the best   Thread I have had i read on here in years.

you don't have problems at all like one member said about you , he is the one who has the problems because he is the one who dose all the things in your reply .

10 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

you don't have problems at all like one member said about you , he is the one who has the problems because he is the one who dose all the things in your reply .

How did know know that? Must be very smart! Just realize if I did all the thing in that post, and you were right. One of the things would be that my bank account would be empty. After 16 year it´s still very healty.

Just saying. Your wrong! Big time!

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

How did know know that? Must be very smart! Just realize if I did all the thing in that post, and you were right. One of the things would be that my bank account would be empty. After 16 year it´s still very healty.

Just saying. Your wrong! Big time!

Read what this thread is about.

so you have a full bank Account do you will good for you . 

I HAVE A VERY ,VERY BIG BANK ACCOUNT BECAUSE I Don't DO ALL OF WHAT HE WAS TAKING ABOUT.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

You got issues, Dude! Deal with them before it´s too late. LOL

What issues? Because i don,t think highly of dumb foreigners, criminal foreigners, drunk foreigners, obnoxious foreigners, pedophiles, foreigners unwilling to adapt, foreigners that live in a foreign country and can,t speak a single word of their language, foreigners that marry hookers, foreigners that live in a bubble,  and foreigners that use a name Get Real . GET REAL ! Reality sucks does,nt it ?

4 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Is dogging popular in Thailand? I never knew that

Yes. Plenty of Brits here with their strange peccadillos.

3 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

... I was riding my mc near the beach a few weeks ago and a girl jumped on the back.  I said "where are we going" she said "up to you".  I drove to a secluded beach and was properly polished.  So I can't really complain about that one.

For example...

51 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Must have hit a number of nerves . ouch !

Just now, Mitkof Island said:

What issues? Because i don,t think highly of dumb foreigners, criminal foreigners, drunk foreigners, obnoxious foreigners, pedophiles, foreigners unwilling to adapt, foreigners that live in a foreign country and can,t speak a single word of their language, foreigners that marry hookers, foreigners that live in a bubble,  and foreigners that use a name Get Real . GET REAL ! Reality sucks does,nt it ?

Yeah the reality in your little bubble must suck big time. How can one person have so much to complain about. Your life must be miserable. Feel actually a little bit sorry for you.

22 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Read what this thread is about.

so you have a full bank Account do you will good for you . 

I HAVE A VERY ,VERY BIG BANK ACCOUNT BECAUSE I Don't DO ALL OF WHAT HE WAS TAKING ABOUT.

I you read what you comment on so was that one of the things in the big text from Mitkof Island, about that the bank account would be empty.
You said that I do all thoose things in your comment.It´s not empty, so that just means that you were wrong, or how can you try to explain it another way.
Suprise me! Find a way out of the peculiar place you put yourself in now.

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I you read what you comment on so was that one of the things in the big text from Mitkof Island, about that the bank account would be empty.
You said that I do all thoose things in your comment.It´s not empty, so that just means that you were wrong, or how can you try to explain it another way.
Suprise me! Find a way out of the peculiar place you put yourself in now.

You just a bigger bank account to blow on the misses likely will last longer than most ten years instead of two. When it does run dry after she takes you to the cleaners you will have one of two options. End up on the streets begging or becoming the latest member of the (PFC) Pattaya Flying Club.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yeah the reality in your little bubble must suck big time. How can one person have so much to complain about. Your life must be miserable. Feel actually a little bit sorry for you.

The problems with people like you is that you have the big problems here .

your not happy when you read the truth about most man in thailand not all but lots of them and the thing is the truth hurts dose it not dude .

You just a bigger bank account to blow on the misses likely will last longer than most ten years instead of two. When it does run dry after she takes you to the cleaners you will have one of two options. End up on the streets begging or becoming the latest member of the (PFC) Pattaya Flying Club.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

Geee! You are funny! Living in Thailand since 16 years back. Have a family and a daugther 4 years old. Not buying more than we need.
I choosed that life because I rather live here than in my home country. Nicer weather, more things I like, and also because it´s actually more cheap to live here.

So the PFC is just out of the question, dude!

Just now, georgemandm said:

your not happy when you read the truth about most man in thailand not all but lots of them and the thing is the truth hurts dose it not dude .

Just have to advise you to read my latest post. Sorry, wrong again!

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Always love to hear this same lame arguement, that i am miserable. If you re-read what i said i was asking the questions as to why foreigners in Thailand do such strange things. I am quite happy here and have always been. But i do shake my head about so many foreigners living here either in a bubble , drunk or off in la la fantasy land without a clue as to what is going on around them.

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I think you hit the nail on the head again. ouch!

I think you hit the nail on the head again. ouch!

Just don´t know when to quit. The more you say the bigger fool you make out of yourself. Have a nice time with it.
I will go back to my happy life, with the small knowledge you might think that I have. Don´t know how long time of experience you have living in Thailand,
but if it´s over 16 years then I really bow my head for you.

Edited by Get Real

21 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Geee! You are funny! Living in Thailand since 16 years back. Have a family and a daugther 4 years old. Not buying more than we need.
I choosed that life because I rather live here than in my home country. Nicer weather, more things I like, and also because it´s actually more cheap to live here.

So the PFC is just out of the question, dude!

Good if you are happy here and I am happy for you .

not sure were your country's is but I find thailand now  expensive the only think. I find a lot cheaper here in thailand is going out to eat in restaurants.

but you have to  way up the life  style  between your own country and thailand.

5 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Is dogging popular in Thailand? I never knew that

There's a song about that.... I tried to post a link, but I see the video seems to have embedded itself in the post. Sorry, that wasn't what I had intended to do, hope it's OK?

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Westerners who buy a great big pickup trucks to drive to BigC once a week and immigration once a year.

When bigC can be 65 and immigration is 200 Kilometers away, you don't want to use a motor bike.  

Pet nit noi (spicy a little) is usually a lie.

Obviously you don't like spicy foods!

When a Thai partner says "up to you", as its never up to me.

It is up to you it's just that there are consequences. lol

Instant coffee is considered coffee. 7/11 has a whole section dedicated to instant coffee but dont sell real coffee.

some 7/11's do sell real coffee in a cup just add water, you'll find it near the hot water.

Thai girlfriend will play "Karma Sutra show and tell" all night, then locks the bedroom door to get changed.

can you not respect a ladies wish for privacy sometimes? As my wife would say "I'm Shy" lol

Seriously though, if that is keeping you up till 4am then you've got problems. :thumbsup:

There are many things I don't underatand both in Thailand and in other places.

But i put most of them down to the fact  that humans are illogical and complainers by nature.

I just need to acccept that the average human is a little crazy.....including myself.

17 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Good if you are happy here and I am happy for you .

not sure were your country's is but I find thailand now  expensive the only think. I find a lot cheaper here in thailand is going out to eat in restaurants.

but you have to  way up the life  style  between your own country and thailand.

Yeah, sure. You are right. It´s a lot more expensive than it was for many years ago. It´s not just for the cheap or expensive reason I live in Thailand.
Let´s say that I might be full up of all the unnecessary things we think we need around us in out home countries. Here you can live more easy, and
just concentrate of having a rich life instead of a lot of things.

Don´t get me wrong. Off course I have a TV and many other things around me, but there is still much that is missing from the so called great lifestyle
that you mention. Some people like it one way or another. I just realized that I can live happy without much of this, and so does my wife here seem to think too.

Maybe I am just a lucky guy. Time will tell.

Westerners who move here fully aware of the property ownership and immigration laws, then complain about them. A bit like buying a house next to the airport then complaining about the planes.

Lots of people do that, buy a house next to a pub thinking it's a great idea until they find they are woken up at 2 am most nights when the regulars get kicked out, and finding their front lawn covered in vomit every Sunday morning.

Not too far from my house in the UK a couple bought a nice house out in the "countryside", which was actually next door to the local car racing circuit, they have been trying to get it closed since they moved in.

There are somethings westerners will never get used to or understand about Thailand, and so it is unlikely we will stop moaning...

I've been coming, and going since '84, and staying and working from '91and have now retired here. Only yesterday something happened that threw a new spanner in the works...

TIT :wai:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
typo

28 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, sure. You are right. It´s a lot more expensive than it was for many years ago. It´s not just for the cheap or expensive reason I live in Thailand.
Let´s say that I might be full up of all the unnecessary things we think we need around us in out home countries. Here you can live more easy, and
just concentrate of having a rich life instead of a lot of things.

Don´t get me wrong. Off course I have a TV and many other things around me, but there is still much that is missing from the so called great lifestyle
that you mention. Some people like it one way or another. I just realized that I can live happy without much of this, and so does my wife here seem to think too.

Maybe I am just a lucky guy. Time will tell.

Ok up to you 

41 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

There are many things I don't underatand both in Thailand and in other places.

But i put most of them down to the fact  that humans are illogical and complainers by nature.

I just need to acccept that the average human is a little crazy.....including myself.

Not crazy at all but not all the same are your fingers on your hand all  the same  no , people are not all the same as well .

32 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Lots of people do that, buy a house next to a pub thinking it's a great idea until they find they are woken up at 2 am most nights when the regulars get kicked out, and finding their front lawn covered in vomit every Sunday morning.

Not too far from my house in the UK a couple bought a nice house out in the "countryside", which was actually next door to the local car racing circuit, they have been trying to get it closed since they moved in.

There are somethings westerners will never get used to or understand about Thailand, and so it is unlikely we will stop moaning...

I've been coming, and going since '84, and staying and working from '91and have now retired here. Only yesterday something happened that threw a new spanner in the works...

TIT :wai:

Every day in thailand I just about see things that throw a spanner in the works , that is thailand.

That is why I could never ever live here full time , ok to come And see the Thais family and some of my friends but to live here full time in thailand with all the  rubbish  You have to put up with try to stay here is a joke .

But that is me and if you are happy to live with all the rubbish that go's on here good on you .

But what I can't stand about man from my country Australia is them baggy my country to make a  excuse to come and live in thailand just all fools.

I always believed that if I ever understood Thailand the romance of it would be gone. While I still don't understand LOS, the romance of it went for me, anyway.

Perhaps that was because I traded beautiful beaches with a friendly lady for a grotty town and a wife that worked 6 days a week. But hey, we all make mistakes.

Edited by thaibeachlovers