Things, I dont understand, in Thailand

Peterw42

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

A good friend once said to me several years ago after he had lived here for about 30 years:

"The only thing that still surprises me about Thailand is, the fact I am still surprised!"

:wai:

Yes just had a great laugh about your good friend 

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Every day in thailand I just about see things that throw a spanner in the works , that is thailand.

That is why I could never ever live here full time , ok to come And see the Thais family and some of my friends but to live here full time in thailand with all the  rubbish  You have to put up with try to stay here is a joke .

But that is me and if you are happy to live with all the rubbish that go's on here good on you .

But what I can't stand about man from my country Australia is them baggy my country to make a  excuse to come and live in thailand just all fools.

You lost me in the last paragraph. If you are an Aussie you need to brush up on your English...

1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

If you want to be understood you do.

Can you explain the last paragraph please?

He you go I can't live in thailand ok because of all the  rubbish with the visa .

it is a joke the  immigration  here  .

thai people are great most of them .

i was saying if western man went to put up with the visa side of it to try and live here ,good on them but not me .

I can't stand Aussie who come here and put Australia down just to give them a Excuse to live in thailand, you want to live here good on you but not put Australia down , that is what I am saying sorry not to put it  clearer .

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

He you go I can't live in thailand ok because of all the  rubbish with the visa .

i was saying if western man went to put up with the visa side of it to try and live here ,good on them but not me .

I can't stand Aussie who come here and put Australia down just to give them a Excuse to live in thailand, you want to live here good on you but not put Australia down , that is what I am saying sorry not to put it  clearer .

Okay, thanks.

Visas for any country can sometimes be difficult. Depends on your personal circumstances usually.

It seems you don't want to live here anyway and you love Australia.

I have no beef (and that is not a rap word, it has been used in English English forever with that meaning) with Aussies, my son lives there.

Enjoy, maybe just come to see the family once in a while, or get them visas for Australia so they can visit you.

13 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think its basically an exercise in Buddhism, accept there are thing you will never understand and cannot change, and you are on your way to enlightenment.

I once said to a Thai monk that I thought life was like a pendulum.  Things swinging from good to bad and they tended to average out.  He was quick to point out that life is suffering and it sucks.  Get used to it or get off the bus. There are ways.

18 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

When somebody asks about the price of something in Thailand, e.g. an hotel room, an internal flight etc, and all the replies are quoted in dollars !

Not sure about stuff like a hotel room or flight, but up-country, I could probably get you a good deal on vegetables, manure for your garden and similar things.  I used to get good deals on scrap metal and the like from the local junkyards.  But you got to like that stuff. 

One of the first things you need to nail when living here is the elimination of the word "why". It matters not. It just is.

The vexing you talk of is of your own creation, the Immigration official doesn't feel it, the farang with a big pick up doesn't feel it, and neither does the girl who works in 7 11.

In the event you are not able to stop this "why" word popping up, the answer is always the same ....."Because they do"

Once you've got this one squared away, your life will be so much nicer and you can say goodbye to vexing forever!

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

One of the first things you need to nail when living here is the elimination of the word "why". It matters not. It just is.

The vexing you talk of is of your own creation, the Immigration official doesn't feel it, the farang with a big pick up doesn't feel it, and neither does the girl who works in 7 11.

In the event you are not able to stop this "why" word popping up, the answer is always the same ....."Because they do"

Once you've got this one squared away, your life will be so much nicer and you can say goodbye to vexing forever!

Interesting point. What gets up the nose is the inconsistency.

You can never get a definitive answer. It is always what suits whoever you are dealing with at the time, even when you think it is in black and white print.

If you can cope with that you should be the next Dalai Lama.

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Not sure about stuff like a hotel room or flight, but up-country, I could probably get you a good deal on vegetables, manure for your garden and similar things.  I used to get good deals on scrap metal and the like from the local junkyards.  But you got to like that stuff. 

Keep taking the tablets, now, there's a good boy. 

5 hours ago, georgemandm said:

I wondered when the real facts would come. Everything was just like Thailand sucks and very much complaining. How ever you don´t accept people complaining about Australia. There you unfortunately found yourself the perfect excuse for stopping to complain about Thailand so much. Like simple. If you don´t like it, don´t do it.

And then came the real problem about visa. Just because there are rules here that may of may not allow you to stay, is that a reason for complaining and finding all the wrongs you can?
It´s just to understand that if you want to stay here, you just have to be able to show the right documentation and what ever more it might be.

Some people can stay and live happy. Other people can´t stay more than on a tourist visa.  Is it really there the big problem exists?
But, on the other hand you just say that you don´t want to stay in Thailand. Just wonder one last thing. How can you have such a great knowledge of Thailand without being a person that stays or want to stay here,
so you can put the country down this much. As before you don´t like it when others do that about Australia. Why do you think that people will accept and like you point of view regarding complaints about Thailand?

I wish you happiness in Australia anyway. It´s also a very beautiful counrty with a lot of good things. More I don´t know, because I have only been there as a tourist.

5 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Sorry to hear you cannot get a visa, not all of us have that issue though.

13 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Things I Don,t Understand: (1) Foreigners that move here and do little or no research . (2) Foreigners that date and marry Thai hookers. (3) Foreigners that move to Thailand and complain non- stop because it's not like home. (4) Foreigners that move here and never learn to speak a word of Thai, walk around in a bubble totally lost, disoriented , and angry. (5) Foreigners that move half away around the world and spend their entire time hanging with other often very questionable foreigners you would not touch with a ten foot pole back home. (6) Foreigners that spend the majority of their days drunk and out of it causing themselves and the locals constant problems. (7) Foreigners that move to a foreign country and make zero effort to understand and learn the local culture and customs. (8) Foreigners that can only eat the very food they left behind and make zero effort to eat ANY Thai food. (9) Foreigners that believe they are superior to the Thais and therefore should be allowed to treat the locals like crap. (10) Foreigners that dress like total slobs. if you dress like that at home you would be laughed at and likely told you are not allowed to enter any public places. (11) Foreigners that believe that they should be able to grab at any Thai woman because they believe ALL Thai women are hookers. (12) Foreigners dumb enough to buy their Thai hooker a new motorbike, home, gold etc, etc, etc,  and until their bank accounts run dry on the average of about two years. (13) Foreigners that live in a walled off fortress like in Ban Huay Yang  afraid the locals might attack at night and perhaps eat their dogs afterwards. Has to be one of the creepiest places i have ever been to in Southeast Asia.  (14) Foreigners that travel and move here with zero common sense and as dumb as a rock. Below Typical foreigner in Thailand- Typical walled off fortress Ban Huay Yang.

u.jpg

DSC03622(1).jpg

that  fortress  looks   jolly  nice  to  me, perhaps  they  dont  like  shitty  dogs , burning  rubbish, loud  tvs  and  the   normal  things  normal  people  would  find  offensive

9 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

People that stay somewhere that makes them unhappy.

People that leave a place that made them unhappy, but then spend their spare time talking about it on a forum.

people  that  feel the  need to  be permanently  happy

5 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Okay, thanks.

Visas for any country can sometimes be difficult. Depends on your personal circumstances usually.

It seems you don't want to live here anyway and you love Australia.

I have no beef (and that is not a rap word, it has been used in English English forever with that meaning) with Aussies, my son lives there.

Enjoy, maybe just come to see the family once in a while, or get them visas for Australia so they can visit you.

Thanks for that but the visas here are a joke sorry to say .

The visa in to Australia is hard to get yes because every man and his dog want to live there .

But when you are lucky enough to get to live there you are  entitled to everything like we are .

own land work and all of that not like here in thailand.

Yes I will come and see the family here for sure and my friends and thailand is a good country not great but good and I think most Thais are good people but the government needs to get it right to help them out with lots of things .

Yes I love Australia very much because it give me the chance in my life now to have a great retirement .

My lovely mother god rest her sol would always tell me how hard her life was back in Greece with the war and being poor and no food to eat ,so that is why I love my country so much I am very lucky to be an Australian .

4 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

Grown Western men who wear shorts in public in a major city.  Shorts are for little boys.  Learn to dress.

Are you joking on that statement or are you trying to be smart.

I wear them all the time here and back home and you are try to say I am a little boy give me a brake will not say what I think of you or I will get band from here again.

One of my favourites, although I can't do it if wifey is with me, in Big C, I will saunter around the electrical appliances until one of the staff comes over. I will then ask, in Thai, all about the appliance. It is unusual to find someone who can do this, so ... I turn it around and spend 20 minutes showing them how it works and explaining the dos and don'ts, to the utter amazement of everyone.

Fluency allows you to do this btw