Does your missus care too much?

JAFO

My wife is such a big hearted person and I find sometimes that she cares about me and my well being a bit too much. While not a bad thing (I am not complaining trust me) it is just hard to get used too. In the states I have never had anyone do that, not even my daughters but I know we grow up far more independent there. Here its all the time. The stuff she does for me is incredible and I never have to ask she just does it. But I have to admit sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.

Anyone have similar stories? 

Married nearly seven years to my Thai wife and we live in the UK.  Nobody, particularly family in the UK, thought we'd last this long.  I'm nineteen years older, though I'm only forty-seven.  We are on holiday in LOS at moment and all's well. 

I've given up worrying whether she cares too much.  It's just natural and I love her more each day.

I have friends whose wives are "the good take care lady" - that's their style and these friends really like that...

My wife will gladly help with things, make a meal if I am not in the mood to make my own, wash the car when it needs it, but mostly, I do not like to be waited on and watched over - - I often like to go my own way... nice to be together, nice to be alone... 

So, her style fits me well.... I think that is what we can all hope for in a wife... 15 years now.

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

I do not like to be waited on and watched over - - I often like to go my own way... nice to be together, nice to be alone... 

Me too, I like doing my own thing and eating when I want. I guess its how I grew up in the west. 

1 hour ago, Wilted Flower of Scotland said:

I think Thai wives and girlfriends being 'feeders' is written into their DNA

This has been the biggest challenge to me. I do not eat a lot but my wife is constantly trying to feed me. I never ate breakfast, now my wife whips us 3 course meals for my Fil and I and starts saying 'Time to eat" in Thai and if we do not come...look out...LOL. I finally told her do not make me Breakfast. Took 2 years to get her to stop.....sometimes... 

Fantastic story and the replies also.....what the heck......I know "fussing" can be annoying......but it's a lot better than the opposite. Good luck to you and her.

I was going to add..."may it long continue"...but maybe not appropriate considering the way you are feeling at times...555

21 hours ago, Wilted Flower of Scotland said:

Western culture is all about selfishness and narcissism and it's getting worse not better,it makes me wonder why the Hell anyone would want to live there anymore?

What has western culture got to do with your wife taking good care of .

I live there and I find it great .

keep it to what this is about thai women looking after there man .

While my GF of 4 years is Filipina I can relate to all the above, it just seems natural for her to do it. It can make me very inactive and lazy though which is not good with the big meals she serves up. I usually divide in half and keep for the next day!

This "taking care" attitude seems to be inbuilt to Filipinas, I had a stumble and fell one day and when she told her sister she got shouted at for it as somehow it was her fault !!

Just now, biggles45 said:

While my GF of 4 years is Filipina I can relate to all the above, it just seems natural for her to do it. It can make me very inactive and lazy though which is not good with the big meals she serves up. I usually divide in half and keep for the next day!

This "taking care" attitude seems to be inbuilt to Filipinas, I had a stumble and fell one day and when she told her sister she got shouted at for it as somehow it was her fault !!

Definitely a South-East Asian thing,genuine caring people all over!

9 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

My wife cares so much for me she does the yard maintenance e.g. mows the grass, trims the trees and rakes up the dead leaves where they fall.

Life is great in LOS! :smile:

Yes mine des the same but cannot help feeling that it because I am 20 years older and thus being treated as an "old man". Still love it though.

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

No it is about thai woman ok 

to many get on here like you and change it to  rubbish like you going on about the west .

He was making a comparison. In my experience, many western women seem to now have the wrong attitude.

12 minutes ago, faraday said:

He was making a comparison. In my experience, many western women seem to now have the wrong attitude.

Very true I agree but it is about thai woman.

you can't compare them at all ok because western woman have there good and bad like thai woman so keep it in thailand about thai woman how good they are to there parterns .

i could go on and on about the good and the bad of woman and men but it is not about that is it .

That´s why it´s lovely here. It´s a totally other dimension when it comes to caring. If something about this, it can´t just never be to much. And somehow it makes most of us that comes here for staying learn to care a lot more than we did before too.

My wife has always done everything in her power to take care of my every need, although more recently thing have changed slightly. At the moment we are caring for our one year old grandson and my wife has decided that I'm marginally more independent than he is.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

10 years and she hasn't changed one bit, everyday she says "I love you honey & thank you for coming into my life"

She is the Queen of the village, I haven't spoilt her, although we has a big modern house and a new car, she has never lost her village girl personality, we have seen some other girls in the village marry farangs and the noses are in the air and so high they block the sun and are snobs to their own kind, not mine, always joking with them at the markets, in the street and showing respect to the elderly neighbours making sure they have food to eat and are in good health.

She has her routine and I have mine, I make my own breakfast otherwise the laziness will start for the day, she will go up the road and bring me lunch for 30 baht as I don't want her fussing and cooking for me, but will have her cook my steak at night, because she makes a better medium rare than me, I some times, make that most times would end up cooking the steak rare, still eatable, but you can't beat a medium rare, juices running.

She has always loved to do the house work so I have never put my nose in, suffice to say it suites me, and when its time for me to go away for a weeks holiday to catch up with the lads in Phuket, say twice a year or a weekend away alone, she will give me a big kiss and say, enjoy yourself honey, you only have one life, but don't bring me any diseases back. 

Couldn't be happier, she is 21 years my junior and still gives me a great hard on 555

3 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

My wife has always done everything in her power to take care of my every need, although more recently thing have changed slightly. At the moment we are caring for our one year old grandson and my wife has decided that I'm marginally more independent than he is.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I dare say, your now toast old son 555

If I am in the kitchen making something to eat and she is there, she takes over, peeling the potatoes, keeps on telling me to leave my dirty dishes in the sink and she will do them later, I never do this, I always wash up when I am finished.

Mrs Possum works full time, I don't work at all. If I see her doing anything she will never let me help her except if there is any heavy lifting involved.

I lived in the UK for 62 years and was married to a lovely lady there for 37 years. However, now I live in Thailand, I find there is a world of difference in the way the girlfriends/wives treat their partners over here......mainly with great consideration and care, whereas possibly due to the need nowadays for the UK ladies to have a job or career, they no longer have time or bother to take care of their menfolk as they used to in years gone by.  Many expect a lot from their men but do not offer much in return.  In Thailand, perhaps the girls do enjoy financial benefits but at least they make it all worth it. 

On a rare but pertinent serious note;

when i I first looked at the headline I thought of adding in brackets ( or at all?)  as sometimes I get that impression however on reading the responses so far it made me take stock of my relationship. 

Yes they do care but sometimes show it in what we might find an unusual way. They care more for us perhaps than they do themselves. Whilst relationships have their ups and downs their sense f caring for us never wanes. I realise that my desire to care for her and inexplicable love for the little hellfire ( at that particular moment) who is berating me soundly for some minor infraction of "the rules" can never be lost.

she stood by me through some pretty awesomely good times and some drastically dire times, never once complaining (much) but always supportive.

we see too much Thai bashing on TVF which in cases may be warranted but as far as those lucky guys who have found those gems as life partners, nothing can take away that special feeling of being wanted and needed as well as wanting to care for and love.

right, now I have said that it's back to the real world........

On 17/11/2016 at 11:14 AM, Wilted Flower of Scotland said:

Western culture is all about selfishness and narcissism and it's getting worse not better,it makes me wonder why the Hell anyone would want to live there anymore?

And you think Thai culture isn't? Gang beatings, increasing road rage figures, stepfathers stamping on 5 year-old's heads with bystanders taking no action. Is that coffee I smell?