greatest film

meatboy

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

giddyup

I  havent read any of the Reacher books and have only seen the one film,So i didnt have anybody to compare Cruise to.But if you say so,then you are probably right.I thought Cruise played the part well,but as i said,i didnt know any better.A thousand apologies.

In the books Reacher is about 6 foot 4 Cruise is a foot shorter so the casting isn't right for the accuracy point of view.

Have only read the first book couldn't put it down, will definitely be looking for more of them.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, zd1 said:

In the books Reacher is about 6 foot 4 Cruise is a foot shorter so the casting isn't right for the accuracy point of view.

Have only read the first book couldn't put it down, will definitely be looking for more of them.

Early books are great.  Later books suck.

^^the man that would be king....another adventure with Sean connery and Michael caine directed by John Huston...

british glorious (or inglorious) colonial scenarios...

me for Memorias de subdesarrollo, Tomas gutierrez alea, cuba 1968...a post colonial tale with Fidel in full form...denouncing yanqui imperialists at the height of the missle crisis...worth watching if you can find english subtitles (for those that are 'bilingually disadvantaged')...one of the best from the cuban film institute ICAIC

que vive Fidel!!!

Edited by tutsiwarrior

As a kid " Lawrence of Arabia", closely followed by "Zulu". Honourable mention to "The Alamo". As an adult well "Pulp Fiction" has to be up there.On a more personal level, the original Star Wars, saw it with my sister, and it was one of the few occasions we actually had the sister/older brother thing going.

Edited by nausea
More info

If you can find a flick called "Temple Grandin" (2010) give it a shot. It is a tear jerker (at the end) but is a story of triumph against heavy odds. I have watched it several times and it does not get old (to me anyway).

• 4 weeks later...

Great films include:

Layercake

Lock stock

A prophet *

Mesrine 1 & 2 *

Training Day

Top Gun

Shawshank

The boy in striped pyjamas

The kite runner

The reader

Blow

Donnie brasco

Inception 

( a lot of Leo Di caprio films)

My left foot

Gangs of new york

Menace 2 society

American history X

American Gangster

American psycho 

Scum - Borstall film ray Winstone 

Pulp fiction

Django

Bull head *

Catch me if you can

Forest gimp

No country for old men

Rc2702.

It was about a squaddie returning home and trying to find out about his autistic younger brother.I dont think it was IRA related.I thought he was N England.It won the Edinborough film festival award for best film,but i saw it on DVD about 10 years ago.Great movie.Surprise ending.

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Rc2702.

It was about a squaddie returning home and trying to find out about his autistic younger brother.I dont think it was IRA related.I thought he was N England.It won the Edinborough film festival award for best film,but i saw it on DVD about 10 years ago.Great movie.Surprise ending.

Sorry kkd I never check my data and sometimes I'm wrong. I checked this time. Yes I know that film also. I like the autistic lad as an actor Toby kennel but the squaddie you mention. Paddy something. Guy wirh Nottingham accent. Grates me a bit. Decent film though. Now to figure out the film I was on about. Ira guy who goes UC for the British army. 

Sorry kkd I never check my data and sometimes I'm wrong. I checked this time. Yes I know that film also. I like the autistic lad as an actor Toby kennel but the squaddie you mention. Paddy something. Guy wirh Nottingham accent. Grates me a bit. Decent film though. Now to figure out the film I was on about. Ira guy who goes UC for the British army. 

Fifty dead men walking

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Glad to see this older topic pop up. So many good old movies so much new garbage. I still cannot fathom what the copyright police want to protect. All this new stuff is garbage. 

Nah I can't watch those grey flicks there boring. The oldest funniest film I saw mentioned here is Rita sue and Bob too and that's a cringer. The hair cuts and cortinas are just depressing.  Someone said it best. Those films are best in memory only as when you watch a lot now they just don't feel the same film. Although when I feel the need, I revert to top gun.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah I can't watch those grey flicks there boring. The oldest funniest film I saw mentioned here is Rita sue and Bob too and that's a cringer. The hair cuts and cortinas are just depressing.  Someone said it best. Those films are best in memory only as when you watch a lot now they just don't feel the same film. Although when I feel the need, I revert to top gun.

Love that one to. If I am not mistaken they are making number 2.  If you can handle a bit of raunchy I recommend Bad Santa 2. I just never quit laughing even better than the first one which is uncommon. Just full of those one liner zingers. 

5 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Love that one to. If I am not mistaken they are making number 2.  If you can handle a bit of raunchy I recommend Bad Santa 2. I just never quit laughing even better than the first one which is uncommon. Just full of those one liner zingers. 

Ok BS2 it is then. I'm not much into raunchy tbh speaking of which Dirty Dancing was pretty good way back when.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Absolute tripe of a film DM. See my recommendations above to get on track.don't waste another 90 minutes on such tripe. Mega mistake.

Yeah there is nothing in your list that I would bother with, maybe american history X but the rest of the dribble. I'd prefer to watch paint dry.

23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah there is nothing in your list that I would bother with, maybe american history X but the rest of the dribble. I'd prefer to watch paint dry.

You must be into b movies then.

Anyway a decent film I just rented off iTunes for £0.99 was called Criminal.

Decent cast. Absolutely shockingly good film. Kevin Costner plays a blinder.

On 12/27/2016 at 5:54 PM, Rc2702 said:

Now to figure out the film I was on about. Ira guy who goes UC for the British army. 

"50 dead men walking", starring Ben Kingsley as the handler of IRA informant Martin McGartland. Its based on his book of the same name but sadly didn't follow it too well.

A similar film which failed to deliver was " 71" (as in year). The only redeeming factor was the use of archive footage from the likes of Divis Tower, Clonnards etc which was presumably shot by troops and news teams in real time.

"The Crying Game" was quite promising and had a connection to Jonesborough, S Armagh, but quickly became unwatchable due to a Thailand-related red herring which for me ruined the credibility of the plot.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

48 minutes ago, evadgib said:

"50 dead men walking", starring Ben Kingsley as the handler of IRA informant Martin McGartland. Its based on his book of the same name but sadly didn't follow it too well.

A similar film which failed to deliver was " 71" (as in year). The only redeeming factor was the use of archive footage from the likes of Divis Tower, Clonnards etc which was presumably shot by troops and news teams in real time.

"The Crying Game" was quite promising and had a connection to Jonesborough, S Armagh, but quickly became unwatchable due to a Thailand-related red herring which for me ruined the credibility of the plot.

HTH

Crying game with the transexual? I thought he she was black or mixed. Ben Kingsley was the handler? Hard to imagine him with hair but rings a bell.