New Hua Hin Immigration offices set to open February, 2017

rooster59

New Hua Hin Immigration offices set to open February, 2017

15094371_10206755769447686_5705627888929989124_n.jpg
Image: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

HUA HIN:-- Work is well under way on the building for the new Hua Hin immigration offices.

The 22 million baht project is set to open on Treasury Department land in February 2017.

Local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn, posted pictures on his Facebook page of the construction saying that the project is 60% completed.

The new offices are located at the top of Soi 88. 

In addition he said that a new passport office will be opened for business with five staff at Blue Port in Hua Hin in December.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-20

52 minutes ago, robcar said:

This new office will be very handy for me as I live close to 88. Just had a ride up and down and can't see anywhere that resembles the photo's posted. Anyone out there that can point out it's location or a landmark close by?.

I just rode my bicycle out soi 88 this morning  and on to the bypass road (before seeing this post) as I do most Sunday mornings.  I haven't noticed the construction shown in the photos either.  So I'd also appreciate anyone who could clue us in to the specific location.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

The question is why they moved their office about 2 years ago to 19 rai and are moving it again. They spend many millions to build and furnish the 19 rai office just to move it again. Doesnt make financial sense.

I live in Chiang Mai and just look at the photo's with yearning actually drooling. Yes it does not make financial sense. They told us we could not have a new office because of a shortage of funds and I am sure we have a much bigger expat population here than Hua Hin. I guess for some reason we are on immigrations sh*t/hit list. Many apologies Sieb.

Edited by elgordo38

7 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Just another monument to stupidity. Thai Immigration can not staff or furnish existing immigration office throughout Thailand yet they are flushing 22 million baht down the crapper to be hi so.

What's "hi so" got to do with it??? And, BTW, how many "existing immigration office (sic) throughout Thailand" have you actually visited? 

After leaving the police station some years ago, HH immigration have never had their own offices as such but have been the guests of property developers, restaurants etc probably in return for favours.  I believe this will be the first custom built office and wholly owned by the authority.

57 minutes ago, HHTel said:

After leaving the police station some years ago, HH immigration have never had their own offices as such but have been the guests of property developers, restaurants etc probably in return for favours.  I believe this will be the first custom built office and wholly owned by the authority.

Not correct the office at 19 rai was build and equiped just for them. What is happening is that government want to bring the different departments together at one central point to enable people to be served without criss crossing town. 

12 hours ago, HHTel said:

Correct.

They don't own the current site at 19 rai. The building may have been purpose built for them but the plot of land is privately owned, I believe, or at least it isn't owned by the Immigration Bureau. This is why they can't fix the gaping holes in the car park or put in proper drainage to prevent it flooding whenever there is a heavy downpour.

Could be incorrect but I was told this new building will the main immigration HQ for the whole province. 

A shame they will be moving from the current site as the location is very convenient. Still, Soi 88 isn't so far away.

Also, the service at HH immigration has been much improved over the last 12 months or so. They've got some new staff in there who actually very helpful.

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Also, the service at HH immigration has been much improved over the last 12 months or so. They've got some new staff in there who actually very helpful.

Amen to that!  I had to start to use the HH  office some 5 years ago where we were met by the Wicked Witch of the West and Genghis Khan.  Those were their actual nicknames!

18 hours ago, JKfarang said:

I just rode my bicycle out soi 88 this morning  and on to the bypass road (before seeing this post) as I do most Sunday mornings.  I haven't noticed the construction shown in the photos either.  So I'd also appreciate anyone who could clue us in to the specific location.  Thanks.

19 hours ago, robcar said:

This new office will be very handy for me as I live close to 88. Just had a ride up and down and can't see anywhere that resembles the photo's posted. Anyone out there that can point out it's location or a landmark close by?.

If you travel along highway 1004 (the right turn at the traffic lights coming up Soi 112 or left coming down) follow 1004 passing Vana Varin as you pass smart house village it's on the right hand side.

The road eventually leads to the School on the Pala U road so can also find from that way or if coming from soi 88 turn left towards red mountain and at the crossroads at the end of the road turn right and the new immigration is on the right hand side after about 500 metres.

The building is on highway 1004 not Soi 88 as mentioned in some places 

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If it is getting built  and  will be  open on time  that is  good  news... period.  I  had  heard  that  right  now  people  have

to go toward Petchburi  to  get  services.  Is  that  right?

Geezer

Only for those in Petchaburi province which starts at the tunnel, their office is in Ta Yang

Edited by baansgr

15 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

But what does the reference to a passport office in the dreaded Blueport mean?

I think that's an office for Thai passports (Thai residents) and was just lumped in with the vague concept of immigrations and passports.

On 11/21/2016 at 10:30 AM, bloynic said:

If you travel along highway 1004 (the right turn at the traffic lights coming up Soi 112 or left coming down) follow 1004 passing Vana Varin as you pass smart house village it's on the right hand side.

The road eventually leads to the School on the Pala U road so can also find from that way or if coming from soi 88 turn left towards red mountain and at the crossroads at the end of the road turn right and the new immigration is on the right hand side after about 500 metres.

The building is on highway 1004 not Soi 88 as mentioned in some places 

Thank you for the detailed information.  I understand the area you're describing and will take a look during my bike ride this weekend.

10 hours ago, wpcoe said:

I think that's an office for Thai passports (Thai residents) and was just lumped in with the vague concept of immigrations and passports.

I had to do my 90 day report today. Was very busy and the bloke I saw was moaning about how busy he was and that he had a bad headache.

I said well if we didn't have to come for this (I don't have internet explorer) you would have far less people. He then explained with great delight that from next month it would be possible to do 90 day reports, re-entry permits and a couple i things I can't remember at Blueport 

6 hours ago, bloynic said:

I had to do my 90 day report today. Was very busy and the bloke I saw was moaning about how busy he was and that he had a bad headache.

I said well if we didn't have to come for this (I don't have internet explorer) you would have far less people. He then explained with great delight that from next month it would be possible to do 90 day reports, re-entry permits and a couple i things I can't remember at Blueport 

Well, I stand corrected.  That would be very convenient, especially for those of us without cars/moto-sai.

• 2 months later...