Not allowed to enter because of 3 stamps. Not a visa runner.

I've had 3 VOAs this year, there has always been a time frame between them, meaning I got one, left for other countries, in a month-two-three I returned, got another, stayed for a month, then left, in a month-two-three I returned.... 2 times by air, one by land. Yet, in Cambodia I was refused to enter by land because, I believe, of my previous VOAs for this year. By a computer, not by a staff. The computer showed "not allowed", whereas the staff had even put a stamp on my arrival card a moment before that. I was told  I needed a visa. But I was going to leave in a week or two, I showed them a visa to other country to prove that.

As you can see, I haven't been visa running.

So, is it like this everywhere now? If a computer refuses to let you in, neither you, nor a staff can do anything?

edit:

voa == visa on arrival, 30 days.

Edited by chado

I assume you have not gotten 15 day VOA's after paying of a fee of 2000 baht but have gotten visa exempt entries.

I suspect that happened at the Poi Pet crossing. 

At other crossings or by air you would not of had a problem.

• Like 2

Please be very clear here.

A Visa on arrival is different from a visa exempt  free entry.

{t may seem to be a matter of semanics to yo, but to Thai immigration it is definately not.

Also, were you actualy denied entry or were you taken out of the line for an "interview" for questioning only.

i am not questioning what you say, I am just asking for more details.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chado said:

one more time:

30 days, visa on arrival

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand see  30 days visa-free (19 nations)

Have a look here to see if your country is on the list for visas on arrival or on the list for visa exemption. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

Wikipedia sums it up nicely:
Visitors to Thailand must obtain a visa from one of the Thai diplomatic missions unless a) they come from a visa-exempt country or B) one of the countries whose citizens are eligible to obtain visas on arrival.

The OP obviously is from option A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Myran said:

Did you even read your own link? "Visa-free" means "without a visa", or in other words, "visa exempt entry". One more time: A VISA ON ARRIVAL IS ONLY 15 DAYS.

Visa on arrival can be also of 30 days. My country has 30d

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

And how are called those 30 days written on the stamp they put on passport ?

That is an "entry stamp" (not a visa) for a visa waiver country.   A visa waiver country is a country which Thailand allows to enter without any visa (i.e. visa free travel).  If you are traveling and getting a "visa on arrival" you typically arrive at an airport and are directed to a special Visa On Arrival queue (separate from customs and immigration - I have seen it but not used it) where certain countries (Andorra, Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan) citizens are allowed to get a visa at time of arrival (15 days) -- all others arriving are just getting an entry and exit stamp (no visa).

• Like 2