The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

Why does this blog continue to be allowed?

Usually a TV news topic is strictly enforced to stay on the original news topic/post.

But this is well beyond anything  close to the original post

TV are you in such need of click bait these days?

Please remember to be as flexible in all topics then :thumbsup:

Edited by meechai

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, meechai said:

Why does this blog continue to be allowed?

Usually a TV news topic is strictly enforced to stay on the original new topic.

But this is well beyond anything  close to the original post

TV are you in such need of click bait these days?

Please remember to be as flexible in all topics then :thumbsup:

Since you are so concerned about the rules, are you aware that commenting on the forum about moderation is not allowed? Shame on you!

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Since you are so concerned about the rules, are you aware that commenting on the forum about moderation is not allowed? Shame on you!

Well questioning on why a blog is allowed in news section

But I understand if closed you & 4 or 5 other prolific contributors/whiners would

have no life 555 :smile:

21 minutes ago, meechai said:

But I understand if closed you & 4 or 5 other prolific contributors/whiners would

Whatever my personal life may be, I don't whine about the continued existence of a particular thread. If I feel a thread has run its course, I take the revolutionary step of ignoring it.

41 minutes ago, meechai said:

:post-4641-1156693976:  totally uncalled for.  What If a member is bedridden or crippled with arthritis?  maybe this mode of communication would give them a 'life'. You have no idea of what is going on in anyones personal life and you have no right to impose your ideas of what is a 'life' on others. Start with examining your own, we could soon find someone on here that whose activities and achievements would by comparison make your 'life' disappear in to the shadows.

New development (well, new for me).  Major lawsuit against Trump, which actually isn't Russia-related....

[The attorneys general of Maryland and Washington, D.C., plan to file a "major lawsuit" against President Donald Trump as early as Monday, they said Sunday night.]

[The Washington Post reported that the lawsuit would allege that Trump has violated constitutional anti-corruption restrictions by accepting payments and benefits from foreign governments since he became president.]

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/major-lawsuit-against-trump-promised-d-c-maryland-officials-n770846

While there's a lot of intrigue with that whole Russian affair, stuff related to finances and corruption has some teeth and should be relatively easy to prove. 

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

If I feel a thread has run its course, I take the revolutionary step of ignoring it.

Well true but as you see that was also my first post on this thread & it was mainly

a post of surprise that such a off topic wandering thread/blog exists

As such perhaps I will post more often? Since it seems anything with the word Trump in it is allowed here.

Whether it has anything to do with the original post or not seems irrelevant in this topic of many months duration

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

totally uncalled for.  What If a member is bedridden or crippled with arthritis?  maybe this mode of communication would give them a 'life'.

Sorry to hear that & hope your better soon

Edited by meechai

4 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Well, I am just totally blindsided by the fact that anyone would judge and make thousands of posts in a matter of months on this forum using tweets as the source. I thought that when people stated DT said something it was from a press conference, or perhaps from the press secretary. Something not from a tweet from a guy who, when penning these small blurbs, is doing nothing that seems to affect policy, since the congress, senate, joint chiefs of staff & cabinet are all playing a major role in gov't policy and actions despite what anti-Trump people believe. The structure of gov't is still intact and rule of law prevails same as it did during Mr. Obama's tenure.

Tweets written during the course of a day carry no weight, except in the perception of those on the extreme ends of the spectrum looking to prop up, or knock down, the US Pres. regardless of what has been released via twitter. Tweets just aren't that important to the outcome and determination of policy.  If people here have been using tweets as a determining factor regarding their opinion of this administration or Pres. Trump, or even the previous administration based on tweets; good luck with that.  If it isn't worthy of being said in an official press release, or a daily briefing, why care except to reinforce a previously held belief?  I cannot believe anyone could make that kind of tracking of anyone a part of their life, but I just some do just that.

Now that I am aware how important tweets are to this thread...

Actually Sean Spicer is on record as saying these tweets are the words of the President and so are important.

However let's assume you are correct and the tweets are meaningless.  Why do them?  Isn't the President supposed to have better things to do?  If he uses them to relax or as a kind of therapy, why transmit them to the world?  Why make his press secretary's job harder?

Now it turns out that the Drainer of Swamps wants to slash the budget of the office of the Inspector General.   These are the people who go after corruption and government waste.  The rate of return has been for every 1 dollar invested the government gets 14 back. Here's one small sample of what Trump wants to put an end to:

That office  has gone after 96 bankers; at least 36 went to prison. In 2015 its investigators helped prosecute General Motors for covering up a defective ignition switch responsible for at least 15 deaths, securing a $900 million settlement. The administration wants to cut its budget in half, to $20 million; as a result it has stopped accepting applications to its foreclosure prevention program

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/opinion/mr-trump-goes-after-the-inspectors.html

How much worse does trump have to get for the republicans to put country over party? :1zgarz5:

Trump is likely to get much, much worse. Here are a few big things to watch for.

Are Republicans prepared for the possibility that President Trump’s abuses of power could continue their slide to depths of madness or autocracy that make the current moment look relatively tame by comparison? This isn’t meant as a rhetorical question. It is genuinely unclear — from the public statements of Republicans and the reporting on their private deliberations — whether Republicans envision a point at which Trump’s conduct could grow unhinged enough, or threaten serious enough damage to our democracy, to warrant meaningful acknowledgment, never mind action.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/06/12/trump-is-likely-to-get-much-much-worse-here-are-a-few-big-things-to-watch-for/

Insight into the bizarre psychology of the clown in the oval office --

Why Trump Is Like This

In the glorious age in which we live, it is sobering to consider that arguably the single most important factor in deciding the future of world events is the psychological state of our current president. Trump is commonly labeled narcissistic and unstable; his tweets and moods are frantically and nervously analyzed; and his advisers are seen as warring for the different parts of his brain. But are we really thinking about him in the right way?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2017/06/why_donald_trump_is_like_this.html

Excellent.  Trump's tweets have been treated as statements from the President (as they should be) and used against him in today's 9th Circuit Court ruling upholding the injunction against his Muslim travel ban.  I tell you, the man is his own worst enemy, digging a deeper hole for himself every time he opens his foolish, narcissistic mouth.  Keep it up, idiot.

Screenshot 2017-06-12 11.42.02.png

1 hour ago, Skywalker69 said:

I awoke to the same bit of news on my phone screen this morning, It made me feel the same. Look at Tillerson's face - a proper CEO of a very large company thinking '<deleted> am I doing here'. Well done USA you just got series 16 of the Apprentice. It gets more unbelievable everyday. A cabinet of sycophants, it is like some gathering of aristocracy around Elizabeth 1, - say whatever is required to keep your head and stay in favour. It is a Circus freak show, more fitting for North Korea than North America.

22 hours ago, Morch said:

I have no idea what your nonsense reference with regard to post output relating to twits was about. Considering your own output and content I wouldn't bring it up if I was you.

As much as you'd like to, Trump isn't a poster of TVF, and his words, often idiotic as they are, cause a steer through whichever venue they are conveyed. This does have an effect on issues pertaining to economy, foreign relations, policies and legal matters. That you make a distinction between press announcements or official addresses and Trump's tweeting is all very fine - only that Trump sees it otherwise, and have commented on this several times.

People do not necessarily base all their opinions regarding Trump on his tweets, but ignoring these altogether is just a contrived effort at deflection. And nobody needs to make tracking Trump's tweets part of their lives, these feature almost daily in any news section on any media source. Rather, "unbelievable" would more closely be associated with pretending not to be aware of them.

You're free to not like my content. I don't seek approval or status. And I certainly won't be following the herd of anti-Trump people who dislike everything and anything about him, just so I can improve my "like" count. I am shocked anyone would care about such things.

Here is an example of why I don't read tweets until they become newsworthy. As in, covered by a reputable and established news organization, or perhaps in rare cases, a single individual journalist, usually freelancing. I also use the reading mode which can alter the way a tweet appears on a computer screen via the MSFT Edge browser. So, unless it is specified (as a tweet), I may miss that reference.  I try to weed out stories like the item below I am sharing as an illustration.

Deflection...well, no.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/11/trump-labels-comey-a-coward-and-potential-criminal/

The attached story contains a reference to a tweet by the US President.  I also attached the link to the tweet which the TVF embedded.  I paid zero attention to this tweet; it has zero importance to policy etc.  As the official word of the President it could at some point be an item of importance in policy or a court of law, as in recent opinion regarding the six nation travel ban.  I never cared or read the tweets abut the travel ban which have come back to impact the possible implementation of that ban.  I did read news stories about the ban after it was implemented. I did read about the tweets today because they're in the news.  I consider the source and the context and don't make it a major point in my life to read every release whether it is a tweet or a press lease or a daily briefing.  

The US President may be the most powerful person in the world, or one of the most, and as such gets a great deal of attention.  But it is obvious that people on the extreme end of the spectrum simply need an alternative outlet for what is best described as reckless hate. This happened on the right with Obama and Clinton too.  Following politics is fine, and if that is your thing, have at it. 

If someone wants to make it a big part of their life or a serious hobby to do that and then post frequent psychological reviews and judgments like "DT's a pathological liar" etc. or criminal assessments "he's always and continues to  be a thief", or comments on his business prowess such as "He's no more than an average or he's a truly below average businessman", or "so and so can now lick DT's testicles"  they can go ahead.  I don't see the point. 

I'll never be as obsessed with any leader of any country. Thanks for the feedback.

23 hours ago, simple1 said:

Obviously the US Courts making judgements on the legality or other wise on Trump's EO's disagree with you on the importance of Trump's tweets, as does Trump himself.

true enough, but I did clarify how I view tweets during the course of my day in following politics in  reply to morch... if you would like to read, please do. 

39 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

You're free to not like my content. I don't seek approval or status. And I certainly won't be following the herd of anti-Trump people who dislike everything and anything about him, just so I can improve my "like" count. I am shocked anyone would care about such things.

Here is an example of why I don't read tweets until they become newsworthy. As in, covered by a reputable and established news organization, or perhaps in rare cases, a single individual journalist, usually freelancing. I also use the reading mode which can alter the way a tweet appears on a computer screen via the MSFT Edge browser. So, unless it is specified (as a tweet), I may miss that reference.  I try to weed out stories like the item below I am sharing as an illustration.

Deflection...well, no.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/11/trump-labels-comey-a-coward-and-potential-criminal/

The attached story contains a reference to a tweet by the US President.  I also attached the link to the tweet which the TVF embedded.  I paid zero attention to this tweet; it has zero importance to policy etc.  As the official word of the President it could at some point be an item of importance in policy or a court of law, as in recent opinion regarding the six nation travel ban.  I never cared or read the tweets abut the travel ban which have come back to impact the possible implementation of that ban.  I did read news stories about the ban after it was implemented. I did read about the tweets today because they're in the news.  I consider the source and the context and don't make it a major point in my life to read every release whether it is a tweet or a press lease or a daily briefing.  

The US President may be the most powerful person in the world, or one of the most, and as such gets a great deal of attention.  But it is obvious that people on the extreme end of the spectrum simply need an alternative outlet for what is best described as reckless hate. This happened on the right with Obama and Clinton too.  Following politics is fine, and if that is your thing, have at it. 

If someone wants to make it a big part of their life or a serious hobby to do that and then post frequent psychological reviews and judgments like "DT's a pathological liar" etc. or criminal assessments "he's always and continues to  be a thief", or comments on his business prowess such as "He's no more than an average or he's a truly below average businessman", or "so and so can now lick DT's testicles"  they can go ahead.  I don't see the point. 

I'll never be as obsessed with any leader of any country. Thanks for the feedback.

Well you seem to be displaying obsession to me. Also an obsession with trying to explain to everyone over and over why you don't read Trumps tweets (how many posts now?).

"DT's a pathological liar"

But he is. Just watch his TV interviews. What other explanation is there for his lying, one interview/speech after another? What do you think, he is not a pathological liar? he just lies for fun?

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Well you seem to be displaying obsession to me. Also an obsession with trying to explain to everyone over and over why you don't read Trumps tweets (how many posts now?).

But he is. Just watch his TV interviews. What other explanation is there for his lying, one interview/speech after another? What do you think, he is not a pathological liar? he just lies for fun?

clarifying only to Morch actually... 

and my sincerest thanks to you for proving my point about pop psychology...nicely done. 

2 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Deflection...well, no.

COVFEFE Act would preserve Trump's tweets as official statements

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said last week that Trump's tweets "are considered official statements by the president of the United States."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-covfefe-idUSKBN19402C?il=0

3 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Deflection...well, no.

There was no suggestion that anyone cares about the "like" statistics. Yet another dishonest projection. And while on the subject of dishonest projections, no one suggested following Trump's tweets. I guess most of us are aware of them exactly as you prescribed, when they are reported by the media. And doubt I made no special psychological references with regard to Trump in this exchange.

That you do not see Trump's tweets as important, meaningful or whatnot is your right. Trump and his spokesperson seem to think otherwise, perhaps take it up with them.

And as if by order, here's the latest:

COVFEFE Act would preserve Trump's tweets as official statements

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/987584-covfefe-act-would-preserve-trumps-tweets-as-official-statements/#comment-11980171

Deflect away.

Edited by Morch

6 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Deflection...well, no.

Trump's history and performance in office leads him wide open to claims he is a liar, a crook, and a narcissist.  However posters here are primarily objecting to his incompetence.  The following isn't personal opinion, but fact:

Trump has spent too much time golfing and tweeting and too little time learning how government works, appointing people to hundreds of key government positions, and working with congress to pass laws.  He has defied traditional standards of ethics and transparency, routinely contradicts official statements from his own staff, praises despots, criticizes democratic allies, makes foolish unsubstantiated accusations then obsesses over criticism of of these statements, appoints people with clear conflicts of interest and ethical issues to important positions, and wastes time constantly dealing with problems of his own making.

While this incompetence is going on in the White House, China is dominating Asia, Europe is distancing itself from the US, and the Mideast is tearing itself apart.  Trump is not making America great again, he is making America irrelevant.

"If only the world had a superpower focused more on diplomacy and less on selling weapons." http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21723018-kingdom-raising-tensions-its-immediate-neighbours-well-iran   

It wasn't long ago when the world had such a superpower.  It was a thankless job, but a necessary one.

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Disturbing, demeaning (to those offering the forced praise and to the country), and un-American.  This is the sort of thing one would expect in North Korean "I love Kim" meetings, not a US Cabinet meeting.

What shocks me is how anybody could still support this guy. He's proven to be a liar. Yet, some still support him. Incredible. An absolute nut.

15 hours ago, Andaman Al said:
17 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

I awoke to the same bit of news on my phone screen this morning, It made me feel the same. Look at Tillerson's face - a proper CEO of a very large company thinking '<deleted> am I doing here'. Well done USA you just got series 16 of the Apprentice. It gets more unbelievable everyday. A cabinet of sycophants, it is like some gathering of aristocracy around Elizabeth 1, - say whatever is required to keep your head and stay in favour. It is a Circus freak show, more fitting for North Korea than North America.

After the unprecedented and unpresidential inaugural speech I said "this is not normal"

Then I began describing this presidency as "kinda strange"

Weeks later I was calling it a "freak show"

Then, "this freak show is real"

With this bizarre cabinet loonytunes, this real freak show just got batsh*t freakier.

Help me! I'm running outta superlatives.

So the con man trump ran as a sort of populist for the little man.

He was obviously lying to anyone that was paying attention.

Now here comes trump populism:

The GOP is working stealthily to shred health and financial protections for ordinary Americans

Millions of Americans — particularly older workers, the aged and the mothers and children who depend on Medicaid, the disabled and the vulnerable — are about to be stripped of health-care coverage. The big banks — already enjoying huge profits and rising bonuses — are creating the conditions for another wilding. Even as the Trump infamies continue, these derelictions demand more media attention. And Democrats should raise the alarm and mobilize opposition to these real threats to working Americans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-is-working-stealthily-to-shred-health-and-financial-protections-for-ordinary-americans/2017/06/13/4ee9f190-4f8a-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html