90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

25 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

In hindsight, I think the reason I was rejected on the first attempt, was I typed stuff in in the format shown instead of using the drop-down menus. The successful attempt was when I used only the drop-down menus.

It's really user unfriendly.  Start with the IE warning about uncertified site, then accepting the disclaimer needs scrolling down to the end and ticking the box (plus the main page box), then all CAPS, and the drops down menus are essential rather than typing in.

I just got my email reply that my 90 day was approved, took more than 24 hours, and thta's longer than previous notifications. Oh well ....  worked for me yet again. 

You don't need the flight number.

I've been successfully processing a friend's 90 day report on line for a couple of years. He last arrived in Dec2010 and wouldn't have a clue about the flight No.

You do need to use the drop down menus, and process it fairly early before the due date.

Unfortunately I can't get my own to go through..

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 0:26 AM, Old Croc said:

You don't need the flight number.

I've been successfully processing a friend's 90 day report on line for a couple of years. He last arrived in Dec2010 and wouldn't have a clue about the flight No.

You do need to use the drop down menus, and process it fairly early before the due date.

Unfortunately I can't get my own to go through..

Flight number is not a required field to complete. See screen shot ...

2016-11-28 (1).png

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 2

On 11/25/2016 at 7:12 AM, stevenl said:

We all make our choices. I do know I prefer Merijn's daily experience over your one time experience.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Steven, Steven, Steven I have been doing 90 day reports now for around nine years, I suspect 

before Merijn came on the scene so hardly a one time experience is it.    

40 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Steven, Steven, Steven I have been doing 90 day reports now for around nine years, I suspect 

before Merijn came on the scene so hardly a one time experience is it.    

With respect PJ I think Stevenl meant that this last experience you had was a "one-off" whereas Merijn is in daily contact with the immigration guys, so his info is given to him by them on a day to day basis so is as current as you will get.

That they still feel the need to make us jump through hoops if they feel like it just mirrors what another poster said when he likened them to "children".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

With respect PJ I think Stevenl meant that this last experience you had was a "one-off" whereas Merijn is in daily contact with the immigration guys, so his info is given to him by them on a day to day basis so is as current as you will get.

That they still feel the need to make us jump through hoops if they feel like it just mirrors what another poster said when he likened them to "children".

As well intentioned as I think you are xylo Merijns info is only as current as the info he gleans from the/a io on 

a day he, merijn, decides to ask and it is obvious by this very thread that that is the extent of Merijns knowledge.

It is quite glaringly obvious that he does/has not checked what is actually happening on a day to day basis, hence

the reason for my criticism of his misleading, intentioned or otherwise, info.

For him to post on here what he thinks is happening when in fact it is not happening as he claims is not in any way

helpful to anyone, is it?

Again I ask if he is not absolutely sure that his info is factual, hopefully, after checking its credibility then please

don't post it as fact.

As you so rightly point out we have enough hoops to jump through without someone muddying the waters further. 

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

I believe Merijn works as a volunteer at the immigration office (or used to), so his info is hot off the press, as they say. Not much else he can do other than pass on what he is told??

I am sorry I beg to differ there is much more he can do like check that his info is true and accurate which in this case  

it was not and once again I say if you are not absolutely sure that what you are posting is 100% true then please don't

post it. I don't believe he is obliged to "pass it on" is he? and if he must then pls. check it. 

It has been my experience that these " volunteers " often cause more problems than they render assistance and this

is just one more example of that.

Well written Xylophone! 

Understanding, that there are trends and then there are personal deviations from the trend, is one big part of living here. You put that well in writing. 

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Looks like we are going to keep going round in circles on this one and you have your point of view and I and others have ours (which by the way differ from yours).

Quote, "I beg to differ there is much more he can do like check that his info is true and accurate which in this case it was not and once again I say if you are not absolutely sure that what you are posting is 100% true then please don't post it"

Let's just take this scenario: – he checks his info with the immigration officers before the office opens and they tell him exactly what is needed for processing the documentation. This is the information which he passes on.

The office then opens and one officer or perhaps two, decide to implement their own process, which these guys are apt to do, "because they can".

As I said, there's not a lot he can do about this and as I have stated previously, he has been of great help to me and by the looks of things, others on the forum.

So in summary, he did check the information as it was stated by the immigration department;  this is how it was going to work they said; they told him one thing which he then passed on; someone in immigration decided to implement their own version.

Let's call it a day, because there is no point in wasting time over something so petty, especially when Merijn was trying to help and passed on the correct information BUT someone in that office did not follow it. Not a lot he can do about that.

It's a day then xylo.    :thumbsup:      :wai:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

It is my experience that people who know better than the experts and those dealing with it on a daily basis are the ones causing problems.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if we were actually dealing with experts and not wanabees who think

they are?  Sound familiar Steven??

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Dunno why phuketjock is being a dick........he's usually a nice fella.

I think this is simply a conflict of experiences. While a person have a different experience, compared to what is been said to be true by more authoritarian person, it's a violation of what we see and believe. I have no doubt there are differences between immigration offices, even in Phuket. 

If my personal experiences would be challenged, I'd be the biggest dick in the world.

But as it's not my own experience, I enjoy reading different views and experiences, what has happened to the people who encounter the immigration folks by them selves. These controversies are the things to learn about the nuances of different immigration offices and how to deal with them. 

All is good as long as we get the truth out. Here the truth might be different depending the time, the officers and the locations we encounter. 

6 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I think this is simply a conflict of experiences. While a person have a different experience, compared to what is been said to be true by more authoritarian person, it's a violation of what we see and believe. I have no doubt there are differences between immigration offices, even in Phuket. 

If my personal experiences would be challenged, I'd be the biggest dick in the world.

But as it's not my own experience, I enjoy reading different views and experiences, what has happened to the people who encounter the immigration folks by them selves. These controversies are the things to learn about the nuances of different immigration offices and how to deal with them. 

All is good as long as we get the truth out. Here the truth might be different depending the time, the officers and the locations we encounter. 

The thing it though in THIS case PJ was correct in his statement and  Merijn was incorrect. How do I know- because I had to submit one of those silly forms within the last 6 months as did two other people I know.

It happens on occasion, and some of the thread bullies need to get over it and lay off the insults..

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

On November 25, 2016 at 9:08 PM, KarenBravo said:

In hindsight, I think the reason I was rejected on the first attempt, was I typed stuff in in the format shown instead of using the drop-down menus. The successful attempt was when I used only the drop-down menus.

On November 25, 2016 at 9:40 PM, LivinginKata said:

It's really user unfriendly.  Start with the IE warning about uncertified site, then accepting the disclaimer needs scrolling down to the end and ticking the box (plus the main page box), then all CAPS, and the drops down menus are essential rather than typing in.

I just got my email reply that my 90 day was approved, took more than 24 hours, and thta's longer than previous notifications. Oh well ....  worked for me yet again. 

Both KarenBravo and LivinginKata mention drop-down menus.

Can you please tell me where these are in the application form? 

I don't see any. My only option is to type.

Edited by macahoom

57 minutes ago, macahoom said:

The first drop-down menu I see appears to the extreme right of the Nationality field.  Click on this magnifying glass symbol icon and it will show a drop-down menu of possible nationalities.  The advice is to use one of these nationalities rather than typing in your nationality as you want to ensure a match with the database and the drop-down menu list is consistent with the possible nationalities found in the database.  I believe it is the only field with a drop-down menu on the first page.  But, the general advice is always to prefer using a drop-down menu rather than typing in the information.  Look for the magnifying glass icon following a field to see if a drop-down menu is available.

11 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The first drop-down menu I see appears to the extreme right of the Nationality field.  Click on this magnifying glass symbol icon and it will show a drop-down menu of possible nationalities.  The advice is to use one of these nationalities rather than typing in your nationality as you want to ensure a match with the database and the drop-down menu list is consistent with the possible nationalities found in the database.  I believe it is the only field with a drop-down menu on the first page.  But, the general advice is always to prefer using a drop-down menu rather than typing in the information.  Look for the magnifying glass icon following a field to see if a drop-down menu is available.

Thanks for this, skatewash.

Yeh, I see an icon to the extreme right of the Nationality field and I've clicked on it a hundred times - nothing.

There's also a little calendar icon beside the Arrived in Thailand Date field. Nothing happens when I click on it either.

Could it be  'cause I'm using a Mac?

Edited by macahoom

2 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Yeh, I see an icon to the extreme right of the Nationality field and I've clicked on it a hundred times - nothing.

There's also a little calendar icon beside the Arrived in Thailand Date field. Nothing happens when I click on it either.

Possibly.  I don't do Apple ;-)  My understanding is that the website was designed to be used with Internet Explorer.  If you have access to Internet Explorer you might try that.  I have heard that it's possible to do something to Safari (the native Mac browser?) to get it to emulate Internet Explorer but as I don't do Apple I don't have the details of that. 

2 hours ago, macahoom said:

In the Nationality field start typing your nationality and a drop down box should appear with suggestions. Select your country from this list (it has the country in both English and Thai). This is apparently the format they require.

There is a calendar icon next to arrival date, use this only.

As stated you need to be using ie or similar.

3 hours ago, macahoom said:

Gender is drop down for female or male

Address area is strictly drop down, won't accept anything else. Muang, Kathu, and Rawaiare offered , only then can you get a town option.

8 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Address area is strictly drop down, won't accept anything else. Muang, Kathu, and Rawaiare offered , only then can you get a town option.

Shouldn't that be Thalang rather than Rawai?  Rawai is only a tambon, Thalang is an amphoe.

16 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Shouldn't that be Thalang rather than Rawai?  Rawai is only a tambon, Thalang is an amphoe.

You might be correct ....wait ... googling ... yes you are correct.

Point was that only the 3 options on the drop down menu.

Edited by LivinginKata

25 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Gender is not a drop down for me on my computer.

I have a choice of a Male circle or a Female circle to click on.

30 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

On my application form there is no address field. 

I assume the address field appears after you click on Submit?