90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

I want to drag a 90 day report out for a couple of days over Songkran- ties in with my next 90 day period. Mine is due on 15 Apr (a Sunday), and I gather there is a Gov't holiday on Mon the 16th. Tues 17 will obviously be busy.

From what I understand Fri 20 Apr will still be within the reporting window. Does anyone IN PHUKET not concur?

8 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Sounds good BUT<
why not do before ? You can do from the 2nd onwards
try online First using chrome

The key is in my comment- ' I want to drag a 90 day report out for a couple of days over Songkran- ties in with my next 90 day period.'

As for online its up and down more often than a bar girls pants and I'd rather do things in person. Unlike some I have no issues going into town and do not consider it a hassle as I combine it with other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Great experience at Phuket Immigration this afternoon: in and out in two minutes............unfortunately with nothing done!

My last couple of trips to Immigration were both done on a midweek afternoon and on both occasions I was seen to quickly and was out in around 15 minutes. I was hoping for the same today. But no.

At 2:50 this afternoon there must have been around 40 people waiting in the dreaded Room 101, the volunteers had closed shop and left a sign stating "Queue closed. Please come back tomorrow." 

So, a totally wasted trip. I need to do a 90 day report and get a re-entry permit so online's not an option. It looks like I'll be joining the morning scrum early next week, unless anyone here has any suggestions. 

Great experience at Phuket Immigration this afternoon: in and out in two minutes............unfortunately with nothing done!

My last couple of trips to Immigration were both done on a midweek afternoon and on both occasions I was seen to quickly and was out in around 15 minutes. I was hoping for the same today. But no.

At 2:50 this afternoon there must have been around 40 people waiting in the dreaded Room 101, the volunteers had closed shop and left a sign stating "Queue closed. Please come back tomorrow." 

So, a totally wasted trip. I need to do a 90 day report and get a re-entry permit so online's not an option. It looks like I'll be joining the morning scrum early next week, unless anyone here has any suggestions. 

Have to be there early like 8am or 12.30 I was there yesterday at 12.30 in first at 1pm finished in approx 10mins.

Room was packed as I was leaving.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My last 90 day report required nothing but my passport and previous 90 day report! No forms, sign here, telephone number here. Stamp new paper and stapled into the back of my passport!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Attached is my record of on line 90 days. From 2015, all on line applications were approved.

Only a problem was July 2017. At that time, site was down for so long. I had to visit immigration office. In the office, it was done smoothly.

Am I just lucky ? My next due is mid May. I hope I can do on line again.

aa.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Attached is my record of on line 90 days. From 2015, all on line applications were approved.

Only a problem was July 2017. At that time, site was down for so long. I had to visit immigration office. In the office, it was done smoothly.

Am I just lucky ? My next due is mid May. I hope I can do on line again.

aa.jpg

Or maybe you have an older computer with an old version Internet Explorer? 

3 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I did it twenty days ago, with Windows10 and Chrome the process has been fast and smooth.

After seven days I got the confirmation from the Immigration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

It seems you can process 90 dayers with Edge these days, although mine still doesn't work for other reasons.

IE is available as an app on Windows 10.

Went to do my 90 day report at Patong today and before I get into it, let me explain something.............

My 90 day report was due in late December, however I flew to New Zealand just before it was due and arrived back here on January 10, and I DID NOT report to immigration within 24-hours of landing as I wasn't aware of it at the time (and I have never had to do it before).

So it was with some trepidation that I made my way to beach road this morning, not knowing whether I was going to have to pay 1600 baht (as some folks have suggested) or get into other sorts of trouble??

Got there at about 9:55 AM and there was already a long queue outside of the photocopy room as well as outside of the main processing room. Whilst we are on the subject I have no idea why people decide to queue up at the photocopy room to get charged 20 baht per copy when they can get a copy done just about anywhere else for two baht??

I was told by somebody in the office yesterday that all I needed to do was to bring my passport and a copy of the first page with my mugshot on it and that was it, however it was not to be.

I lined up for about 25 minutes outside of the office along with around 15 other people, before being allowed in and waiting behind another short queue. A youngish IO took my passport and conferred with his lady companion there and told me that I needed to get a few more copies – – a copy of my retirement extension, a copy of my last entry stamp and a copy of my address (the one pinned inside of the passport), or at least I think it was this page!

So back outside to stand in the queue to get three photocopies done before taking all of those back in and getting seen to within about five minutes.

The new 90 day piece of paper was then stapled into the passport and I was off. This whole procedure took about 45 minutes to an hour.

I was pleased that I didn't have to pay any money and also pleased that the subject of not reporting to immigration within 24 hours of my arrival back in January 10, was not brought up.

19 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Thanks for the update.

No grief about not 'reregistering'..

Copies needed that Patong  didnt need last year ... and Phuket Town no longer requires .

You just gotta scratch yer head.

Its all about the money- at B20 they are raking it in. Funny how some people moan about B3 in Hkt town when a copy of something is needed!

I do wonder sometimes if Patong is actually connected to the computer in town which is why they need the paper copies, for delivery on a daily basis for updates to be tapped in at the other end. Interesting that other departments countrywide are inter-connected but Immigration struggles with the computer age.

Tried the online 90 day report for about the 15th time, still no go.

I have to combine it with my extension this time anyway.

I might see if they'll accept the extension lodged by the Gf considering the new wording on the TM7:

1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นค าขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการทไ่ีม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้ WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

I can't see the characters in the Phuket office allowing this, they are addicted to their little power games with their iPhones.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I might see if they'll accept the extension lodged by the Gf considering the new wording on the TM7:

1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นค าขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการทไ่ีม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้ WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

I can't see the characters in the Phuket office allowing this, they are addicted to their little power games with their iPhones.

I had just printed a new TM 7 a few days ago and thought of you when I read that part.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I wonder what ur doing wrong, that i did right, as my past 2 online 90 day reports, ( this year)  have been  successful>
Have u tried using Chrome for ur browser?  what does it say when u tired?

3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I wonder what ur doing wrong, that i did right, as my past 2 online 90 day reports, ( this year)  have been  successful>
Have u tried using Chrome for ur browser?  what does it say when u tired?

I'm not doing anything wrong, I've successfully processed a mate's report many times. The problem is something to do with my last entry in 2011 by road over the southern border. I keep trying in case they eventually fix it. After all they manage to process it at the office without problems.

In at Hkt Town at 1003, out again by 1008. Very quiet so I must have timed the post-Songkran rush just right. No one ahead at me at the volunteers although some Russian bint did try to walk in front of me. Even othe tasks were quiet, with maybe 20 people in the place.

3 ahead of me at the desks and if they reset the clock every day I was only the 25th 90 day/NoA-er to be dealt with. I was due on the 15th and he didn't even make comment (  I know I was within the 7 day grace period t nt having done it before I did wonder if they would say something).

No query on my NoA and even got a smile. I'm almost tempted to say it was a pleasurable experience (certainly painless).

Combined it with other things to do in Hkt Town and Kathu so a productive morning.

i had to  get the gf a re entry permit yesterday,  in the door at 9:50, siting with the officer and finished by 10:00
than waited till 10:40 for her passport to come back... >>>

That happened to me last year too. Took a few minutes to see the officer and then, a long wait to get my passport back. I have to go soon to do my extension and go back the next day to pick it up, get a copy of it then go get a re-entry permit. Oh joy! Hopefully I won’t have to go back until next year if the online 90 day reporting works!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, Old Croc said:

Incidentally, for Phuketians who don't go there often, they have links to fillable forms in the visas forum. I found this one handy, it even has the silly little Acknowledgement of Visa Conditions form they make us sign each time.

Package of fillable forms linked together. Fill out one and it will complete the others. BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf

I did my one year extension today. The fillable forms was very handy! Thank you Old Croc! I remembered to do my photo in front of my house number and I printed a map, the only thing I forgot was a copy of my ATM card. Last year they told me a copy of the front page of my bank passbook. Oh well, no big deal.

The guy I know was sitting outside. He looked over my paperworks and said sign here and here and put your phone number here, then I can sign it. Gave me a number, and said go in, I was next. Took maybe 15 minutes at the most. Come back tomorrow after 1 PM. I didn't need to do another house registration, but I brought a new one just in case. Mine is from 2015, when they first made us do them. It was clear that I had exited the country and re-entered twice since 2015, I just got back from California in March. The only thing said; is this the correct address? Something was printed wrong on the receipt in my passport, but it was correct in their computer! So I am not sure what all the talk and worry about reporting within 24 hours of arrival...

Edited by Jimi007
Typo

Thanks for the report Jimi. I have to do my extension in the next couple of days.

I provided photos of me and the house last year, are they asking for the same every year? Do they need a copy of my ATM card and a map? Haven't needed to provide them previously.

I'm on retirement, is yours a marriage extension?

I extended my 1 year retirement on Feb. this year. It is THB 800,000 in Thai bank method for several years.

Copy of ATM card was never requested. This is a requirement for pension method. Pension will be put to the bank of your home country, maybe. So Thai immigration want to confirm that the foreigner can have cash here in Thai.

If it is Thai bank method, a foreigner can withdraw cash with passport and passbook, without ATM card. Of course, it is okay to use ATM card. But it is not necessary to confirm ATM card for Thai bank method.

By the way, I prepared a photo in front of house just like last year.
I also prepared a map and this is a new requirement just recently.
Officer just received these.
I am not sure what office would say if I did not prepare.

Sorry this is about retirement, not about 90 days. (Off topic ?)

• Like 2

Thanks for the report Jimi. I have to do my extension in the next couple of days.

I provided photos of me and the house last year, are they asking for the same every year? Do they need a copy of my ATM card and a map? Haven't needed to provide them previously.

I'm on retirement, is yours a marriage extension?

I do the retirement extension as it is a LOT easier than the marriage extension. They took the map, my photo in front of my house with the house number and wanted a copy of my ATM card. I think a copy of the ID page of your bank book may be okay. It was last year, but this year the ATM card to show I can get my money here. The ATM copy isn’t new, when using a letter from my Embassy to show income, but last year was the first time they kept the house photo and map to my house. Copy of your last visa and the last three extensions. I extended a marriage O single entry last year, so they just wanted a copy of it and my current extension. Copies of the ID page of your passport, departure card and resident report receipt. And of course 1,900 Baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, Old Croc said:

Incidentally, for Phuketians who don't go there often, they have links to fillable forms in the visas forum. I found this one handy, it even has the silly little Acknowledgement of Visa Conditions form they make us sign each time.

Package of fillable forms linked together. Fill out one and it will complete the others. BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf

Wow- I  like that

5 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

I extended my 1 year retirement on Feb. this year. It is THB 800,000 in Thai bank method for several years.

Copy of ATM card was never requested. This is a requirement for pension method. Pension will be put to the bank of your home country, maybe. So Thai immigration want to confirm that the foreigner can have cash here in Thai.

If it is Thai bank method, a foreigner can withdraw cash with passport and passbook, without ATM card. Of course, it is okay to use ATM card. But it is not necessary to confirm ATM card for Thai bank method.

By the way, I prepared a photo in front of house just like last year.
I also prepared a map and this is a new requirement just recently.
Officer just received these.
I am not sure what office would say if I did not prepare.

Sorry this is about retirement, not about 90 days. (Off topic ?)

What sort of a map do they want?

I understand they have trouble reading a normal or google map, but want something hand drawn showing nearest 7/11s etc.

From my bank I have the letter about funds held,  a 6 month statement and photocopies of my bank book which would give any normal person the full picture of my financials here. I'll see if they want more.