End of the road for Golden Cliff House as "pool in the sea" is demolished

webfact

7 hours ago, bark said:

Please be nice.

It is the 5th sentence in the OP.  It is even  in a paragraph all on it's own, for heavens sake!  

I promise to try and be nicer, if people will promise to try and read an OP properly before they rush to type a reply.   I have been known to do the same thing once or twice but it embarrassed me so  much that I now TRY to make a point of not creating howlers like that. 

(After saying this, I hope I don't do it again for a few weeks at least.)

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

The owner is obviously totally brain dead to have built the pool in the first place.

How did he think he could get away with building the pool?

Well according to the authorities they got away with it for about 20 years.  Would have got their money back in that time so do you really think if they have to spend a million and shut the joint down, that they'd be worried, I think not.  And the new manager playing dumb to.  I didn't know, but then he did know about the hotel, yet continued trading.  But if he returned all funds and paid off the staff, then at least he has honoured his commitments so one has to take their hat off to him in that regard, providing it occurred.:wai: 

7 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Well according to the authorities they got away with it for about 20 years.  Would have got their money back in that time so do you really think if they have to spend a million and shut the joint down, that they'd be worried, I think not.  And the new manager playing dumb to.  I didn't know, but then he did know about the hotel, yet continued trading.  But if he returned all funds and paid off the staff, then at least he has honoured his commitments so one has to take their hat off to him in that regard, providing it occurred.:wai: 

Exactly.  Let us hope that part is all true.

18 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

It is the 5th sentence in the OP.  It is even  in a paragraph all on it's own, for heavens sake!  

I promise to try and be nicer, if people will promise to try and read an OP properly before they rush to type a reply.   I have been known to do the same thing once or twice but it embarrassed me so  much that I now TRY to make a point of not creating howlers like that. 

(After saying this, I hope I don't do it again for a few weeks at least.)

FYI, I have been suspended twice for doing the same thing. One time for 3 days, and one time for 2 weeks.

I agree with you.

Cheers.

With all of these demolition squads moving in on hotels and illegal land encroachment I do wonder if the land will be returned to its former state and not left looking like a big pile of rubble. Otherwise what is the point???? Surely a swimming pool will look better than a pile of rubble!! Of course we will never hear about any of this again so we will never know...

3 hours ago, claffey said:

With all of these demolition squads moving in on hotels and illegal land encroachment I do wonder if the land will be returned to its former state and not left looking like a big pile of rubble. Otherwise what is the point???? Surely a swimming pool will look better than a pile of rubble!! Of course we will never hear about any of this again so we will never know...

Apparently some tidy and some messy depends on the provincial or local govt in charge 

On 23/11/2016 at 6:38 AM, colinneil said:

The owner is obviously totally brain dead to have built the pool in the first place.

How did he think he could get away with building the pool?

by making a lot of money as the hotel attracted a lot of tourist with it's exclusive. The pool would maybe pay back itself 100 times by now...

On 23/11/2016 at 1:07 PM, elgordo38 said:

I agree building the pool only drew attention to his other illegal activities such as operating a illegal hotel. Do they ever do a legality check on hotels? I think a lot of them here must be operating on quicksand.

I think that most condo buildings here have owners and agencies operating as illegal hotels. Many of them even advertise the fact quite blatantly in print and online media. Hopefully one day the checks will start and heads will roll.