Emirates flight makes emergency landing at Phuket airport when passenger falls unconscious

snoop1130

Emirates flight makes emergency landing at Phuket airport when passenger falls unconscious

Eakkapop Thongtub

1479896996_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- An Emirates flight from Dubai bound for Kuala Lumpur was forced to make an emergency landing at Phuket International Airport (PIA) today (Nov 23) after one of its passenger felt unconscious.

Emirates flight EK346 had left Dubai International Airport and was heading to Kuala Lumpur Airport when the pilot requested to make emergency landing at PIA at around 1pm after a male passenger from Somalia fell unconscious on his seat.

After the plane landed, the unconscious man was taken to the emergency room at Thalang Hospital where doctor pronounced him dead.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/emirates-flight-makes-emergency-landing-at-phuket-airport-when-passenger-falls-unconscious-59973.php#YGqlfXG5XCd8IhYS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-23

8 hours ago, schlog said:

I would prefer the Prince Court Medical Centre in Kuala Lumpur also if it needs some more minutes then to Thalang hospital.

Flying time from HKT to KLIA is 1hr 10 mins. Also, Kuala Lumpur is 28 minutes distant by train from the airport so an ambulance would likely be that much slower.

I do not know if this the case nowbut such things have reportedly occurred before when somone is trying to amugle drugs into a country by putting the drugs into condoms and swallowing them.

If a drug filled condom bursts inside the body the swalower can die quickly.

Not saying this is the case, but just that it can happen.

5 hours ago, Xircal said:

Flying time from HKT to KLIA is 1hr 10 mins. Also, Kuala Lumpur is 28 minutes distant by train from the airport so an ambulance would likely be that much slower.

Thank you for clarification but i know this and stay with my opinion.

1 hour ago, schlog said:

Thank you for clarification but i know this and stay with my opinion.

The 1:10 flight time presumably includes take off and landing. 

Net distance HKT to KLIA is 438 Miles. at a cruising speed of 560 Miles that would be less than 50 minutes extra. not taking any diversion or wind / weather into account.

I would also hope that KL is a bit more organized, i.e. having Helicopter to Hospital etc. 

So, I would also favor schlog's solution.

Edited by StefanBBK

15 hours ago, schlog said:

I would prefer the Prince Court Medical Centre in Kuala Lumpur also if it needs some more minutes then to Thalang hospital.

Unconscious, indeed dead,  passengers don't get a choice of hospitals in an emergency.  This Somalian pax had probably never heard of any of the medical options in the region.

In such a situation the pilot will head for the nearest airport, not the one with the reputedly best medical facilities.

13 hours ago, Xircal said:

why would he have been taken to downtown KL when there are good hospitals at Putrajaya, very close to KLIA. Or do you think the government of Malaysia who lives there does not want to have proper health care in their City ?

2 hours ago, siam2007 said:

why would he have been taken to downtown KL when there are good hospitals at Putrajaya, very close to KLIA. Or do you think the government of Malaysia who lives there does not want to have proper health care in their City ?

Why would they need that?

Allah would take care of all!