Phuket police seek son for attacking mum, 70, saved from bridge jump

webfact

Phuket police seek son for attacking mum, 70, saved from bridge jump

Eakkapop Thongtub

1480043363_1-org.jpg

Technical college students help the 70-year-old woman away from the bridge in Phuket Town yesterday afternoon (Nov 24). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police and technical college students talked an elderly woman out of jumping off a bridge in Phuket Town yesterday (Nov 24) after her son allegedly verbally and physically abused her.

Police are now looking for her son.

Phuket City Police Lt Col Chalaew Taihu was notified at 2pm that an elderly woman was crying and sitting on the ledge of a bridge near the intersection of of Komaraphat Rd and Thepkrasattri Rd, on the north side of town.

Three technical college students at the scene told police that the woman seemed intent on jumping, a five-metre plunge to the narrow canal below.

Col Chalaew and his team arrived to find the 70-year-old woman, named by police only as “Ms Lai”, crying with bruises on her face and around her eyes.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-seek-son-for-attacking-mum-70-saved-from-bridge-jump-59996.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-25

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

So sad at her age to be treated so horrendously by a son, who she probably spent so much time bringing up.

I assume alcohol or illegal narcotics may be partly to blame for the son's behaviour. 

So sad people feel the need to judge someone without knowing any background to the story.

2 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

So sad people feel the need to judge someone without knowing any background to the story.

Not sure any background can justify pushing his mother to attempt suicide, but then, you feeling superior, probably know a lot more than your average TV poster.  

6 hours ago, DLang said:

At least the police officer finds it amusing. 

Why condemn the officer for smiling?  Perhaps he was smiling at the compassionate actions of the students assisting the woman?

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not sure any background can justify pushing his mother to attempt suicide, but then, you feeling superior, probably know a lot more than your average TV poster.  

It was you that started the 'knowing better than the rest of the posters' with your speculative, unreasoned reasons for whatever happened!

1 minute ago, cardinalblue said:

The son is a low life - not judging him at all just a fact....

Maybe the mother just punched herself? A5 might go for that one not knowing the background story.....

I had an Asian GF that threw a fit and threatened to jump off the balcony if I didn't buy her a car.

We don't know nearly enough about this to judge anyone in the story.

6 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Well, she has bruising on her face and she seemed intent on killing herself.... was clearly very upset. She said her son had beaten her. Seems fairly believable given the totality of facts so far. I wouldn't be rushing to the son's defence at this stage.... 

There have been a few cases over the years where the son asked for money for one reason or another (including one who wanted a new motor bike) and, when the mother refused, he beat her up. Sometimes the money is required for alcohol or drugs, the use of which can seriously affect their judgement, but it almost defies belief that a son could abuse and beat up his own elderly mother to the point where she decides that suicide is her only solution. 

I also not Always been so nice to my mom. And i still regret this now she has passed away. Even we did make up a little before she did go.

So i hope she wil get some love again. I'm sure she ever been nice and never disserved this.

Think that is the worced somebody ever can do. Jump of a bridge (or anything likely)  because somebody not been nice to you.

Khor tood mom.

On 25/11/2016 at 3:41 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Not to mention, the "bruises on her face and around her eyes." 

Disgraceful.