With recounts looming, Trump adds new administration picks

rooster59

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:32 PM, JAG said:

If the recount confirms that Trump won those states then the will of the people in those states will have been restated.

If the recount finds that Trump did not win those states after all then the will of the people will have been correctly recognised.

Either way it isn't going to be overturned is it?

In Russia less time is lost :   the results are known precisely in advance

Edited by Opl

On 11/26/2016 at 5:49 AM, dick dasterdly said:

I gather its one failed campaigner that is demanding a new recount?

Which doesn't quite support the headline "with recounts looming".....

No. It is a member of the MAJORITY of voters who voted for a candidate other than Trump who is questioning how the results in  states where polling data and actual votes tallied suggest  that there should have been a different outcome. It is rather odd that a candidate who gathered2.5 million more votes than Trump lost the election by such a wide margin.

This request is both morally and legally justified.

On 11/26/2016 at 9:42 AM, acid thunder said:

Jill Stein is a total loser.

It seems you are jealous of a Harvard Medical School graduate well regarded for her public health advocacy. Who are you to  call anyone a loser? Are you  even aware of her action to reduce the amount of pesticides that children ingest? She is also one of the few political leaders who took on the bogus anti vaccine mental cripples and exposed their lies and she took on big pharma and the allegations of conflict of interest in the medical sciences. She has two fantastic kids that she raised in a loving environment. You really have not accomplished a smuch as she has in life have you?    No, I didn't think so.

You don't  like the fact that she is exercising a political right on behalf of the political  group she represnts. Too bad. The same  US electoral system that allowed  Trump to run for office, also allows Dr. Stein to question the results in those states where  the voting resuls are questionable.

I may not agree with many of her views, but one thing I do know about her is that she is honest, intelligent, compassionate and highly principled.

16 minutes ago, PattayaBoy said:

BREAKING : CNN Finally Admits that the Recount is Pointless and Won’t Change Election Result

http://truthfeed.com/breaking-cnn-finally-admits-that-the-recount-is-pointless-and-wont-change-election-results/38229/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link to that really totally credible  crappy web site.  My computer feels dirty since I visited there. :whistling:

It seems you are jealous of a Harvard Medical School graduate well regarded for her public health advocacy. Who are you to  call anyone a loser? Are you  even aware of her action to reduce the amount of pesticides that children ingest? She is also one of the few political leaders who took on the bogus anti vaccine mental cripples and exposed their lies and she took on big pharma and the allegations of conflict of interest in the medical sciences. She has two fantastic kids that she raised in a loving environment. You really have not accomplished a smuch as she has in life have you?    No, I didn't think so.
 You don't  like the fact that she is exercising a political right on behalf of the political  group she represnts. Too bad. The same  US electoral system that allowed  Trump to run for office, also allows Dr. Stein to question the results in those states where  the voting resuls are questionable.
I may not agree with many of her views, but one thing I do know about her is that she is honest, intelligent, compassionate and highly principled.

8f015e82077cf47f0be9e3d7828885fe.jpg

36 minutes ago, PattayaBoy said:

BREAKING : CNN Finally Admits that the Recount is Pointless and Won’t Change Election Result

http://truthfeed.com/breaking-cnn-finally-admits-that-the-recount-is-pointless-and-wont-change-election-results/38229/

Ladies and Gentlemen, here we see the modus operandi of a liar. Yes a liar. The intent is to deceive.  There is no "admission", and this has nothing to do with CNN making a claim.

Rather, CNN as part of its commitment to balance, provided an OPINION piece.  It is clearly  described as an OPINION by Josh Douglas.  Mr. Douglas does not represent CNN, nor does he speak on behalf of CNN.  Mr. Douglas has offered his opinion.   

To describe this as as CNN "finally admitting that the recount is pointless" is an absolute and utter lie.  It is rather pathetic that someone would misrepresent the opinion piece and misattribute the content. It was nothing other than an opinion piece.

Personally, I find it  disgusting and reprehensible. I don't know why so many people on Thai Visa  lie.  If one has an opinion just say it as such, but don't intentionally attempt to deceive, it's wrong.

Edited by geriatrickid

8 minutes ago, PattayaBoy said:

Truly pathetic and childish. Deriding Dr. Stein as a "scammer" only demonstrates your immaturity and  deviancy. I remind you that the only scammer in this matter  is Mr. trump, as he stood accused of serious fraud over his  non accredited "university" (sic). In case you forgot, he has been obliged to pay  out tens of millions and to disgorge his improperly obtained profits from his falsely described university. 

Edited by geriatrickid

Ladies and Gentlemen, here we see the modus operandi of a liar. Yes a liar. The intent is to deceive.  There is no "admission", and this has nothing to do with CNN making a claim.
Rather, CNN as part of its commitment to balance, provided an OPINION piece.  It is clearly  described as an OPINION by Josh Douglas.  Mr. Douglas does not represent CNN, nor does he speak on behalf of CNN.  Mr. Douglas has offered his opinion.   

To describe this as as CNN "finally admitting that the recount is pointless" is an absolute and utter lie.  It is rather pathetic that someone would misrepresent the opinion piece and misattribute the content. It was nothing other than an opinion piece.
Personally, I find it  disgusting and reprehensible. I don't know why so many people on Thai Visa  lie.  If one has an opinion just say it as such, but don't intentionally attempt to deceive, it's wrong.

How about https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/

Imagine the butt-hurt if a recount shows Trump wins the popular vote. 

IMAGINE THE BUTTHURT

Uh, there is no room for imagination regarding the popular vote as the two million plus majority for Clinton is not anywhere near a close enough count to warrant a recount, the lead is unassailable. The states in which a recount is being considered are states where the margin of victory is, statistically speaking, quite small.

Why any of this causes you memories of anal pain, well I for one would rather not speculate.

Trump d'III

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Truly pathetic and childish. Deriding Dr. Stein as a "scammer" only demonstrates your immaturity and  deviancy. I remind you that the only scammer in this matter  is Mr. trump, as he stood accused of serious fraud over his  non accredited "university" (sic). In case you forgot, he has been obliged to pay  out tens of millions and to disgorge his improperly obtained profits from his falsely described university. 

What do you think Jill Steins motivations are? 

6 minutes ago, Johpa said:

Uh, there is no room for imagination regarding the popular vote as the two million plus majority for Clinton is not anywhere near a close enough count to warrant a recount, the lead is unassailable. The states in which a recount is being considered are states where the margin of victory is, statistically speaking, quite small.

Why any of this causes you memories of anal pain, well I for one would rather not speculate.

Um, yeah I know. Still an enjoyable thought. And, you know, the only important states are the narrowest margin states.... 

On ‎26‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 7:03 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

There are always sore losers in any type of contest...does Stein really think she'll take those states after a recount?

She says not, just trying to make sure the vote wasn't "rigged" LOL. Strangely, she only did it in states with a slim Trump majority and not in Clinton states with huge illegal immigrant populations.

Is it significant that Clinton has come on board, despite conceding already. I thought that like Gore, one had to not concede to demand a recount.

Just imagine the chaos if doubt was cast in all 3 states? However, would have to be all 3, as he has enough EC votes to cover the loss of two. Tell me if I'm wrong.

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She says not, just trying to make sure the vote wasn't "rigged" LOL. Strangely, she only did it in states with a slim Trump majority and not in Clinton states with huge illegal immigrant populations.

Is it significant that Clinton has come on board, despite conceding already. I thought that like Gore, one had to not concede to demand a recount.

Just imagine the chaos if doubt was cast in all 3 states? However, would have to be all 3, as he has enough EC votes to cover the loss of two. Tell me if I'm wrong.

For crying out loud! ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CANNOT VOTE, DEAD PEOPLE CANNOT VOTE. Can everybody start using what they have between their ears. In the last 10 elections in the USA totalling almost 2 Billion votes there have been 30 (that is THIRTY) cases of vote fraud that would fall in to this category.

5 hours ago, Strange said:

Imagine the butt-hurt if a recount shows Trump wins the popular vote. 

IMAGINE THE BUTTHURT

It'll never happen but its a pleasant thought. 

Whereas is he loses any or all of these states....?

I don't think it will happen, though.

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Thanks for the link to that really totally credible  crappy web site.  My computer feels dirty since I visited there. :whistling:

Let me put it stright for ya.

Washington post used some not credible, anonymous crap that this web site debunked.

That web site is gold compared to MSM WP

23 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

For crying out loud! ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CANNOT VOTE, DEAD PEOPLE CANNOT VOTE. Can everybody start using what they have between their ears. In the last 10 elections in the USA totalling almost 2 Billion votes there have been 30 (that is THIRTY) cases of vote fraud that would fall in to this category.

Couple things. 

1) what would you know? Ever gone through the absentee ballot process? Ever registered to vote? No? Thats right. 

2) FALSE

3) IT HAPPENS AND ITS HARD TO PROVE

Just because 30 have been caught does not mean there are not thousands, 10 thousands or more than have not busted. 

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Couple things. 

1) what would you know? Ever gone through the absentee ballot process? Ever registered to vote? No? Thats right. 

2) FALSE

3) IT HAPPENS AND ITS HARD TO PROVE

Just because 30 have been caught does not mean there are not thousands, 10 thousands or more than have not busted. 

The reality is that illegal voting almost never happens. 30 times in a billion, you work it out, and that DOES mean there are NOT thousands or tens of thousands more. The figures are accurate.

As you know, each state sets its own rules for voter registration, but almost all require some proof of citizenship at some point in the process (or inherited from a previous registration.)

Using a passport is a non-starter since that would identify you as a non-citizen, and thus ineligible. Other means might scrape through, but it would drastically heighten formal scrutiny of one’s status, something most undocumented residents are very, very anxious to avoid since it risks them being exposed and deported. Attempting to register fraudulently is also a felony, which would raise the urgency of deportation even more.

So, at the end of the day,  no undocumented resident would try this unless they were crazy - it is a self-controlling problem. They prefer to stay in the USA and work under the radar than to risk exposure for an attempt at voting.

The only dedicated, proven attempt at influencing an election using fraudulent means was in fact a case by the Republicans when Rep Tom Feeney hired Clint Curtis a computer programmer to write a program to swing the result of an election in which ever direction he chose. Here is Curtis under oath, testifying to the fact.

22 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

The reality is that illegal voting almost never happens. 30 times in a billion, you work it out, and that DOES mean there are NOT thousands or tens of thousands more. The figures are accurate.

As you know, each state sets its own rules for voter registration, but almost all require some proof of citizenship at some point in the process (or inherited from a previous registration.)

Using a passport is a non-starter since that would identify you as a non-citizen, and thus ineligible. Other means might scrape through, but it would drastically heighten formal scrutiny of one’s status, something most undocumented residents are very, very anxious to avoid since it risks them being exposed and deported. Attempting to register fraudulently is also a felony, which would raise the urgency of deportation even more.

So, at the end of the day,  no undocumented resident would try this unless they were crazy - it is a self-controlling problem. They prefer to stay in the USA and work under the radar than to risk exposure for an attempt at voting.

The only dedicated, proven attempt at influencing an election using fraudulent means was in fact a case by the Republicans when Rep Tom Feeney hired Clint Curtis a computer programmer to write a program to swing the result of an election in which ever direction he chose. Here is Curtis under oath, testifying to the fact

Couple things- 

1) No. Just because 30 were caught, does not mean anything. You know it, I know it. 

2) Youtube how easy it is. Just do it. 

3) "A" republican NOT 'The Republicans" 

4) What would you know about Illegal Immigrants in the USA and what their motives might be? 

5) They are NOT 'undocumented residents' they are ILLEGAL Immigrants. They are not US Citizens. 

27 minutes ago, Strange said:

Couple things- 

1) No. Just because 30 were caught, does not mean anything. You know it, I know it. 

4) What would you know about Illegal Immigrants in the USA and what their motives might be? 

5) They are NOT 'undocumented residents' they are ILLEGAL Immigrants. They are not US Citizens. 

1)There is proof of the 30 cases in a billion. There is not one scrap of proof to support what you or your messiah Trump says about mass illegal voting. Hell, half the legal voter base couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, what chance for illegals?

2) likewise

3)Tom Feeney was an elected representative  of the Republican party, the only known case so far of calculated intentional fraud on a mass scale. Who funded Tom Feeney? Where did the little 'program go' that he paid to be developed?

4) As much as you. Unlike a lot of Americans who could not put a pin in Australia on a map if they were asked to do so, I happen to be a global traveller, well read and right up to date in current affairs, with an unbiased view of the world that you will never possess. 

5) Whatever, they still will not blow their cover to commit a felony crime in fraudulent voting or registration to vote. Unless of course they are ALL rapists, murderers and drug dealers.

On 11/26/2016 at 7:03 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

Chnically There are always sore losers in any type of contest...does Stein really think she'll take those states after a recount?

The point isn't Stein hoping to improve her position from 1% to 51% it's about verifying that the votes were tallied correctly. 

It's mathematicians and statisticians whose discoveries were the impetus for the recounts. The "sore losers" didn't start talking about recounts until after the returns in those states were analyzed. 

What they found was that Clinton received 7% more votes in counties that used paper ballots compared to polling stations where the votes were done electronically. Or, she received 7% less of the votes she statistically should have received in areas where electronic voting machines were used. 

It is is possible for the Diebold voting machines to be hacked so for example, every 93rd vote for one candidate goes to the other. 

It is technically possible, the statisticians are saying the results are suspicious and their analysis shows it is plausible. 

The recount is being done to see if it actually happened. 

4 hours ago, Strange said:

Couple things- 

They are not illegal immigrants. They are people. Their existence cannot be illegal. Actions are illegal. people are not.

It would seem that you already have you mind made up about the motivations of undocumented aliens in the US and your mind is closed to any other view.

The amount of fake news being peddled about the undocumented aliens issue is profound. If you cannot prove your assertions, then you should not make them. Referencing YouTube doesn't cut it.

The moderators have ruled against the use of fake news on TVF.

8 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

They are not illegal immigrants. They are people. Their existence cannot be illegal. Actions are illegal. people are not.

It would seem that you already have you mind made up about the motivations of undocumented aliens in the US and your mind is closed to any other view.

The amount of fake news being peddled about the undocumented aliens issue is profound. If you cannot prove your assertions, then you should not make them. Referencing YouTube doesn't cut it.

The moderators have ruled against the use of fake news on TVF.

They are Illegal Immigrants. 

Mind is make up. 

Dont care. 

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

They are Illegal Immigrants. 

Mind is make up. 

Dont care. 

You do not have the power to make your perception reality.

Illegal Immigrant is a political, partisan and by and large racist tag. Those who use it define themselves. They make themselves automatic targets for those with morals and human decency.