why do so many girls turn to toms

opalred

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, champers said:

I agree it is about power and control, but isn'lt there an element of sexual frustration bring released. I don't really know and I'm not presuming you are an expert.

Just look within yourself, can you turn gay based on the situation?  I cannot.

It's in their genes  , toms and ladyboys have been a part of the Thai culture since centuries ago . But in the old days it was not so much out in the open . 

There is also some royal connections here but that is another story . 

Edited by balo

One of the reasons , most thai females are becoming Tom these days is the shortage of straight thai males.Most thai males these days are simply becoming gay for a varierty of reasons...trend, media influence, economically sound, thai females becoming more demanding and agrressive, loss of feminity in thai females these days, a lot of thai guys are more feminine and attractive. etc.

On 01/04/2017 at 7:17 PM, Berkshire said:

What happens in prisons has nothing to do with sexuality, but rather power and control.  Unless you're saying that you can turn gay if you spent some time in prison?

A heterosexual person does not turn gay, they just avail themselves to oppty. Not unlike all boys, girls school's here.

In a girls school, the girls are doing all sorts of nutty stuff. In the school very near my place I often see boys/girls holding hands, embracing on the sly and even an occasional kiss. Not that the girls don't kiss each other too, but it's just largely hormones.

19 hours ago, Canceraid said:

One of the reasons , most thai females are becoming Tom these days is the shortage of straight thai males.Most thai males these days are simply becoming gay for a varierty of reasons...trend, media influence, economically sound, thai females becoming more demanding and agrressive, loss of feminity in thai females these days, a lot of thai guys are more feminine and attractive. etc.

Totally disagree. Half dozen of our friends were married this year.

Yeah, Thai male urban hipsters pretty annoying, but just not buying it.

4 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

A heterosexual person does not turn gay, they just avail themselves to oppty. Not unlike all boys, girls school's here.

That's my point.  There's a whole lot of folks here with such simpleton theories that it's embarrassing.  I agree, straight people don't just turn gay.  But the Tom/Dee dynamic in Thailand is complicated.  Men and women are not the same.  I've talked to several western women over the years who would have experimented with Lesbianism when they were young but couldn't because western society wouldn't allow it.  Thai society is much more tolerant in this regard and that's why we see same sex couples, ladyboys, trans, and all in between, out in the open.  That's it.  People shouldn't try to look beyond that because that's pretty much it. 

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

That's my point.  There's a whole lot of folks here with such simpleton theories that it's embarrassing.  I agree, straight people don't just turn gay.  But the Tom/Dee dynamic in Thailand is complicated.  Men and women are not the same.  I've talked to several western women over the years who would have experimented with Lesbianism when they were young but couldn't because western society wouldn't allow it.  Thai society is much more tolerant in this regard and that's why we see same sex couples, ladyboys, trans, and all in between, out in the open.  That's it.  People shouldn't try to look beyond that because that's pretty much it. 

Well, being homosexual appears to be a complicated thing. Many seem to revel in it.

I'm exhausted from the drama, homosexual drama everywhere.

I really don't care what they do as long as they keep the drama away from me. I could care less who or even what you engage in sex with.

Now there are more than 30 different 'gendertypes" that homosexuals want to force on 'norms' (that's a term they allow themselves to label me by). Yeah, sorry...If you have a penis you are a man. If you have a vaginia/uterus you are a woman. By nature and by Thai law.

Tom's, dykes - just really unhappy, lonely women who will never land a guy. So why not jump on a trend? Better than sitting at home getting on Saturday night.