Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Actually i just got it at the local shop, where i bought the bike. It was one of the options you could get. I believe it was a bit under 500 bt (bought hand guards too) and the total was 1700bt they gave me some discount. Not sure why but that shop never seems to rip me off and always does good work.

If you have the book of the Aerox (the advertisement folder) you can see the hook and order it at the shop.

I'll  order  one from yamaha when I get time

I met a Thai guy once night who told me where to get them (ramkamheng Rd)  but can't remember if he said Soi 24 or 34 or something like that

Last couple of months I've done  4000km and only a few times I've really had so much to carry a hook would have been useful

On 8/7/2017 at 9:05 PM, NiwPix said:

A couple posts above yours "just bob" posted a couple of FB names / shops that have aftermarket accessories. The facebook page also shows their website.

https://www.japanhobby.net/

https://www.likitracingshop.com/

I saw they had hooks for the aerox, which I will order. There are a few things on their I dont know what they are and will have to find out the coming days before I order the hook.

You can also buy / order hooks and other accessories here.

I ordered a stock hook at Yamaha when I bought the bike. It was installed, but it actually is no use for me. If I want to hang something, the gas tank is in the way and the bag hangs to left or right and is in the way of my feet. Just not very practical. And using it as a cup holder is even worse.

I am still trying to figure out a better way of installing a cup holder / bag holder. I am thinking of ordering metal side bars and having hooks added on to the side bars. But I am afraid that makes my bike unnecessary wide to get through traffic.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NiwPix said:

You can also buy / order hooks and other accessories here.

I ordered a stock hook at Yamaha when I bought the bike. It was installed, but it actually is no use for me. If I want to hang something, the gas tank is in the way and the bag hangs to left or right and is in the way of my feet. Just not very practical. And using it as a cup holder is even worse.

I am still trying to figure out a better way of installing a cup holder / bag holder. I am thinking of ordering metal side bars and having hooks added on to the side bars. But I am afraid that makes my bike unnecessary wide to get through traffic.

Brilliant idea;  go for it.

On 21.2.2018 at 1:17 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I assume you guys are expats and not using travel insurance as 155cc bikes won't be covered unless you've specifically checked.

Not an expat but a frequent traveler and my travel insurance does not have any limitations regards driving motorbikes of all sizes. Different countries, different rules man....

Not an expat but a frequent traveler and my travel insurance does not have any limitations regards driving motorbikes of all sizes. Different countries, different rules man....
Yes seems so, the UK market is very competitive so to keep the price as low as possible they have clauses and limits. My 8 month policy cost £115. Annual insurance can be bought for £40+ for shorter breaks. Maybe in your country its more expensive

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, jbob said:
After riding a "new" click rental for 2 months @3500b/mth just bought an Aerox 155 new black and red base model for 64400b in chiang mai. Here are the differences for 2 people 120kg total
New Click: (2 months last year)
- More fuel efficient
- Shitty breaks that I couldn't get them to fix (just made the lever tighter which was not good), stops too slowly, scary to say the least
- Knees hit front storage buckets and im only 5' 9"
- Shopping hook and space between legs are useful
- Hated the idea of super highway, 80km/hr felt dangerous
- Massive right hand cramping first week because I ride with both hands on the breaks
- Easy to drag the back around when parked
Aerox 155 (11 days, 250km)
- Amazing acceleration, safer if first when changing lanes or getting out of difficult situations
- Only 64k so after 7 months of click would be 24,500b so break even @ 40k for a really nice new bike vs a old rental
- New breaks, work so well I can make my girlfriend fly off the back seat into me hehe
- 100km/hr is great on super highway (with the right helmet for wind)
- Not as wide as I feared so getting through slow traffic is simple with that amazing acceleration
- Suspension and seat are hard but you get used to it but fine at high speed. Some thai roads make me think it has a flat tire until I hit a smooth patch and realize it was just the road (again). Potholes and speed-bumps are smooth for the driver, less so for the passenger 555
- Fuel tank seems small, on 1 bar the gas people only seem to put 60-70b in but I think thats because they put the gas pump to far in and it triggers, only managed 100b twice.
- The on board eco gauge is telling me I get 33.6km/L, no idea if thats good
- 28L underseat storage is a little weird, you have to make sure there is nothing touching the edge in the middle or it refuses to close. Opening it multiple times a day and for most things like takeaway, groceries its fine. 
- Walked into the metal back leg rests which hurt like hell but you only do that once like burning yourself on the exhaust
For 3000b you can get R for Racing which I intentionally did not because 1. wave brakes work better when hot apparently plus more expensive to replace and 2. the rear suspension subtank increases the load capacity aka. stiffens up the suspension which makes sense in a racing context with inertia and all. For 10000b more you get ABS and keyless ignition (considering you make the same motion just without reaching into your pocket...) without the suspension subtank (curious) and stop and start system (that one is cool but 10k???) did not make sense to me.
Only other bike I seriously considered was PCX which new @84k for a fat old persons bike didn't sit, right. Overall VERY happy with purchase. It reminds me of Nouvo Elegance 135cc just better

Nice comparison. I've had a new click for 4 months 2500km and a few things you mentioned. Brakes have been good for me. At 80kph bike has no buffeting, I'm amazed how smooth it is in comparison with my big bikes in the UK. I'm 5ft10 in the morning and my knees don't touch the holder things. Maybe its an arm length thing / seating position. On 3 bars it usually takes 100 baht of 95 to fill up. Acceleration on the click is really good, I'm often quickest away at traffic lights, no need to be any faster. Maybe on an older click it isn't the same.

I've had a Click for almost three years now and endorse everything you say about them. I've seen them described on this forum, maybe on this thread, as a 'motorized shopping trolley'. Such a term does not do it justice, even though it is very good in that role. I've often been amazed at how much the wife and I have lugged home from the market on it!

Like you say, great acceleration and a very smooth engine. And very quiet too l. Mine has the combined braking system and once I'd adjusted to one hand braking, I thoroughly recommend it. One always the right hand in full control of the throttle, instead of trying to do two things at once. And you always have the right lever for the front brake in reserve if you need extra bite. Rarely had to use it fortunately.

We have a car now, so no more shopping trips. The Click is now my fun bike and I ride out regularly around the country lanes and the winding roads through the hill range to the south of Sakon Nakhon. I can cruise comfortably at 80kph with occasional forays up to 90 when I know the road surface is good. But I do still enjoy mixing it with city traffic now and then.

It's been very reliable and she runs as well now as the day I bought her.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've had a Click for almost three years now and endorse everything you say about them. I've seen them described on this forum, maybe on this thread, as a 'motorized shopping trolley'. Such a term does not do it justice, even though it is very good in that role. I've often been amazed at how much the wife and I have lugged home from the market on it!

Like you say, great acceleration and a very smooth engine. And very quiet too l. Mine has the combined braking system and once I'd adjusted to one hand braking, I thoroughly recommend it. One always the right hand in full control of the throttle, instead of trying to do two things at once. And you always have the right lever for the front brake in reserve if you need extra bite. Rarely had to use it fortunately.

We have a car now, so no more shopping trips. The Click is now my fun bike and I ride out regularly around the country lanes and the winding roads through the hill range to the south of Sakon Nakhon. I can cruise comfortably at 80kph with occasional forays up to 90 when I know the road surface is good. But I do still enjoy mixing it with city traffic now and then.

It's been very reliable and she runs as well now as the day I bought her.

When they say love is blind, they ain't joking.... :biggrin:

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

When they say love is blind, they ain't joking.... :biggrin:

From my observation, the Click is, by a good margin, the most popular scooter on Thailand's roads.

They must be doing something right. :smile:

From my observation, the Click is, by a good margin, the most popular scooter on Thailand's roads.

They must be doing something right. :smile:

In my neck of the woods it goes something like this:

Click 50%
Wave 30%
PCX. 10%

The remaining 10% made up of Scoopi, Fino, Cub and the rest minus Aerox !!

For the last 2 days ( when I started paying attention ) have not seen 1 Aerox !!

Strange as it seems like a good machine !

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In my neck of the woods it goes something like this:

Click 50%
Wave 30%
PCX. 10%

The remaining 10% made up of Scoopi, Fino, Cub and the rest minus Aerox !!

For the last 2 days ( when I started paying attention ) have not seen 1 Aerox !!

Strange as it seems like a good machine !

It's relatively new compared to the wave and click and pcx that have been available for yonks.... I see loads of them in bkk daily  (new without plates yet) and they seem to be outselling the new pcx

• Like 1

It's all about the price, Click gives good bang for the buck.

Honda is still very popular here but okay the young Thais looks more for design now, that little bike 150cc M-Slach (or whatever its called) is very popular among young Thai men.

I wish my bike needs are as easy to satisfy as Moonlover's:smile:

Aerox is too small for me, my knees are hitting the fairing, Nmax perhaps when my 5-6 years old PCX will be changed.

It's relatively new compared to the wave and click and pcx that have been available for yonks.... I see loads of them in bkk daily  (new without plates yet) and they seem to be outselling the new pcx

Yes, don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking it, I’m considering it strongly myself that’s why I’ve started to note the scooters around me , was just my observation .

1 minute ago, guzzi850m2 said:

It's all about the price, Click gives good bang for the buck.

Honda is still very popular here but okay the young Thais looks more for design now, that little bike 150cc M-Slach (or whatever its called) is very popular among young Thai men.

I wish my bike needs are as easy to satisfy as Moonlover's:smile:

Aerox is too small for me, my knees are hitting the fairing, Nmax perhaps when my 5-6 years old PCX will be changed.

You could reshape the seat very cheaply and remove the bump and get it covered so you could sit further back

I thought it would be too small for me but I rented one anyway but I'm only 6'

On 2/20/2018 at 9:19 PM, jbob said:

After riding a "new" click rental for 2 months @3500b/mth just bought an Aerox 155 new black and red base model for 64400b in chiang mai. Here are the differences for 2 people 120kg total

New Click: (2 months last year)

- More fuel efficient

- Shitty breaks that I couldn't get them to fix (just made the lever tighter which was not good), stops too slowly, scary to say the least

- Knees hit front storage buckets and im only 5' 9"

- Shopping hook and space between legs are useful

- Hated the idea of super highway, 80km/hr felt dangerous

- Massive right hand cramping first week because I ride with both hands on the breaks

- Easy to drag the back around when parked

Aerox 155 (11 days, 250km)

- Amazing acceleration, safer if first when changing lanes or getting out of difficult situations

- Only 64k so after 7 months of click would be 24,500b so break even @ 40k for a really nice new bike vs a old rental

- New breaks, work so well I can make my girlfriend fly off the back seat into me hehe

- 100km/hr is great on super highway (with the right helmet for wind)

- Not as wide as I feared so getting through slow traffic is simple with that amazing acceleration

- Suspension and seat are hard but you get used to it but fine at high speed. Some thai roads make me think it has a flat tire until I hit a smooth patch and realize it was just the road (again). Potholes and speed-bumps are smooth for the driver, less so for the passenger 555

- Fuel tank seems small, on 1 bar the gas people only seem to put 60-70b in but I think thats because they put the gas pump to far in and it triggers, only managed 100b twice.

- The on board eco gauge is telling me I get 33.6km/L, no idea if thats good

- 28L underseat storage is a little weird, you have to make sure there is nothing touching the edge in the middle or it refuses to close. Opening it multiple times a day and for most things like takeaway, groceries its fine. 

- Walked into the metal back leg rests which hurt like hell but you only do that once like burning yourself on the exhaust

For 3000b you can get R for Racing which I intentionally did not because 1. wave brakes work better when hot apparently plus more expensive to replace and 2. the rear suspension subtank increases the load capacity aka. stiffens up the suspension which makes sense in a racing context with inertia and all. For 10000b more you get ABS and keyless ignition (considering you make the same motion just without reaching into your pocket...) without the suspension subtank (curious) and stop and start system (that one is cool but 10k???) did not make sense to me.

Only other bike I seriously considered was PCX which new @84k for a fat old persons bike didn't sit, right. Overall VERY happy with purchase. It reminds me of Nouvo Elegance 135cc just better

Nice comparison and useful info.  I'm on my 3rd PCX and considering an Aerox as a next change but the fuel consumption and tank capacity really puts me off.  The PCX consistently gives me around 39/40 km/L and with the much larger tank I only need to fill up every 250 or so kms. Your indicated 33.6km/L and a tank size of around 4 litres means only half the range and living out in the sticks that could get a little tedious. 

1 hour ago, gmac said:

Nice comparison and useful info.  I'm on my 3rd PCX and considering an Aerox as a next change but the fuel consumption and tank capacity really puts me off.  The PCX consistently gives me around 39/40 km/L and with the much larger tank I only need to fill up every 250 or so kms. Your indicated 33.6km/L and a tank size of around 4 litres means only half the range and living out in the sticks that could get a little tedious. 

You're right in that regard 

There is 25 Litres of underseat storage and I would be much happier with a 10 Litre tank or even larger and sacrifice some of that storage space but yamaha don't consult me before they make a bike for some reason

Would be a good DIY project if anyone knew how to connect  an additional aftermarket tank in the 25litre storage area to the primary tank? ..... :smile:

I use mine in the city anyway so it's not too bad to stop for a bottle of water and check phone messages sometimes 

BTW You can get 45km/pl if you ride  like grandma going to market..... But if we going to worry about saving fuel you could buy a wave 110i and get 70km/pl.... :blink:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, speedtripler said:

You could reshape the seat very cheaply and remove the bump and get it covered so you could sit further back

I thought it would be too small for me but I rented one anyway but I'm only 6'

Not thanks, I am not that desperate getting one, I think I can live with a Nmax, it's just a city hopper for me, nothing else.

Yes it is very good looking, no doubt.

6 hours ago, speedtripler said:

You're right in that regard 

There is 25 Litres of underseat storage and I would be much happier with a 10 Litre tank or even larger and sacrifice some of that storage space but yamaha don't consult me before they make a bike for some reason

Would be a good DIY project if anyone knew how to connect  an additional aftermarket tank in the 25litre storage area to the primary tank? ..... :smile:

I use mine in the city anyway so it's not too bad to stop for a bottle of water and check phone messages sometimes 

BTW You can get 45km/pl if you ride  like grandma going to market..... But if we going to worry about saving fuel you could buy a wave 110i and get 70km/pl.... :blink:

Not so worried about saving the fuel just the issue of running out in the middle nowhere.  I'm 35kms out of town and fuelling places are few and far between.

10 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Aerox is too small for me, my knees are hitting the fairing...

Dito.

Additionally, you can't replace the handle bars for a higher one.

I like the Aerox, but these issues keep away me from buying one.

Anyway, I personally would prefer a "Click style" Scooter without the "bone" between my legs, but with a powerful engine and fat tires, like the Aerox has.

Seems that my "boy-racer" days have ended... :-)

7 hours ago, gmac said:

Not so worried about saving the fuel just the issue of running out in the middle nowhere.  I'm 35kms out of town and fuelling places are few and far between.

People are averaging At least 150km range on the Aerox forums before the gas warning starts flashing but if you to be cautious better get the pcx with the 8 litre tank

Doesn't really bother me, I'd never be 150km from a gas station on my scooter.... :smile:

On my big bikes, sometimes 

• Like 1