Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

On 1/13/2018 at 9:54 PM, speedtripler said:

OK boss, I'll get Right  on it  :thumbsup:

Sarcasm? Or are you actually going to get on it? Should only take a couple seconds so I don’t see why you would make a claim like that and then not back it up with any evidence. We’re waiting. ?

Edited by lust

50k in BKK for a 2nd hand Aerox with only 1000 km on the clock is a good price.  That's the thing in Chiang Mai, I don't see much in the way of decent 2nd hand motorcycles here, maybe because the most common bikes are used until worn out as rentals because of the high % of tourists here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lust said:

Sarcasm? Or are you actually going to get on it? Should only take a couple seconds so I don’t see why you would make a claim like that and then not back it up with any evidence. We’re waiting. ?

Sarcasm!! ?

Not in this forum, sir. !

[...and i think you forgot to say please...]

Edited by papa al

3 hours ago, AdamKnight said:

50k in BKK for a 2nd hand Aerox with only 1000 km on the clock is a good price.  That's the thing in Chiang Mai, I don't see much in the way of decent 2nd hand motorcycles here, maybe because the most common bikes are used until worn out as rentals because of the high % of tourists here. 

Check Facebook marketplace. 

That is where I found mine.

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

It's seems to be a small bike; how is it for a passenger ( i.e my girlfriend, she is a small Thai woman, not fat, about 55 kgs , 156 cms ) ?

They have a shorter wheelbase than the largest scooters but they're not that small. A lot of dealers around, you ought to sit on one. Plenty of power, seat space and brakes to carry your girlfriend, but if you are much over 6ft tall, it is not a comfy distance cruiser. An Aerox has Zero storage except under the seat, irritating. All about styling instead I guess.

Also if you're over 6ft, on rougher roads with the scooter bucking around a bit, there's a pointy plastic shape that can spike your knee. It gets painful after a few jabs.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:25 AM, speedtripler said:

...A month or two later it was  Back in the Honda showroom shining  like brand new...

Better to buy a Suzuki Smash.

My Thai brother-in-law was a bike mechanic in Thailand before coming to the USA.  He's borrowed my hydraulic press to straighten a couple bent fork tubes on a cheap Chinese bike and a pair of car bumper mounting brackets.  He's pretty good at it.

• 3 weeks later...

Would be an Aerox suitable for a 168 cm tall woman? The seat is quite high so I am curious if my wife would be able to reach the ground by her feet waiting for traffic lights to change. I read one indonesian test where the rider was 168 cm short and as they said he could easily put his feet flat on the groud sitting on it. Hard to believe.

4 hours ago, rostocker said:

Would be an Aerox suitable for a 168 cm tall woman? The seat is quite high so I am curious if my wife would be able to reach the ground by her feet waiting for traffic lights to change. I read one indonesian test where the rider was 168 cm short and as they said he could easily put his feet flat on the groud sitting on it. Hard to believe.

168cm isn't that short for a woman in this country. She should have no issues riding one. Have her sit on one before buying it.

5 hours ago, rostocker said:

The best thing to do is to go to the Yamaha dealers and get her to sit on it....if its a tad to big - remember you could get the seat re-modeled as its fairly thick...

I havent read it all but i got a question, i am quite broad shouldered and with my other scooters I always have problems looking in the mirrors. (have to tuck my shoulders in). 

Are there other mirrors for this bike or not or are the standard ones good. I am in the process of selling my ninja 650 (i use it not enough it has less then 30.000 km on the clock) I use the scooter that I have a lot more. So once i sold the ninja I will buy the Aero R version probably.  

My only question is about the mirrors do any or you have any experience with it ?

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I havent read it all but i got a question, i am quite broad shouldered and with my other scooters I always have problems looking in the mirrors. (have to tuck my shoulders in). 

Are there other mirrors for this bike or not or are the standard ones good. I am in the process of selling my ninja 650 (i use it not enough it has less then 30.000 km on the clock) I use the scooter that I have a lot more. So once i sold the ninja I will buy the Aero R version probably.  

My only question is about the mirrors do any or you have any experience with it ?

The mirror stalks could do with being lengthened 

But if you want to burn Around the city 

You might find yourself getting stuck in gaps other bikes are squeezing through because they either have stock mirrors, aftermarket under bar mirrors or maybe even no mirrors at all.... 

17 hours ago, speedtripler said:

The mirror stalks could do with being lengthened 

But if you want to burn Around the city 

You might find yourself getting stuck in gaps other bikes are squeezing through because they either have stock mirrors, aftermarket under bar mirrors or maybe even no mirrors at all.... 

I understand your concerns, normally I don't go into the real heavy traffic that often. I really like to have good vision from my mirrors. But thank you for your concern it appreciated. 

19 hours ago, papa al said:

All scooters have too narrowly set mirrors.

A welding shop can lengthen stems; 

a couple extra inches or so...helps a lot;

not expensive.

So extending them is the only option if you want to have good vision, the downside is of course squeezing through traffic. 

48 minutes ago, papa al said:

Maybe longer aftermarket mirrors exist.

Maybe folding stems exist.

Thanks I will ask around, personally I dont know where to look for it but I thank you for your help. I just like good clear vision in my mirrors it could safe my life.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thanks I will ask around, personally I dont know where to look for it but I thank you for your help. I just like good clear vision in my mirrors it could safe my life.

Perhaps not quite as good, but how about convex blind spot mirrors attached to the corners of the regular mirrors? I've seen a few riders with these on their scooter mirrors. Perhaps they sell them in BigC car accessory sections, or some bike accessory shops.

yasoa3ue

40 minutes ago, vcpilot said:

Perhaps not quite as good, but how about convex blind spot mirrors attached to the corners of the regular mirrors? I've seen a few riders with these on their scooter mirrors. Perhaps they sell them in BigC car accessory sections, or some bike accessory shops.

yasoa3ue

I went to the shop they told me they might be able to bet bigger mirrors. Still have to sell the big bike first (got some buyer coming to look first)

2 hours ago, vcpilot said:

yasoa3ue

useless

Got the aerox and have some PCX mirrors on it. It makes the bike a bit wider but the extra visability is great. I am quite happy with my aerox R model. 

What i found a bit strange though was that the top speed was almost the same for one passenger and 2 passengers. I had expected more of a difference there. 

I like that the bike has a lot of storage, now waiting for the hook to arrive to make it even more convenient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

What top speed did you get... !? My friend has a R version and he told me he got max 116kph yesterday on flat highway - no passenger....

Got 122 once, crouched down

Usually 117 is as fast as it will go with my weight

Tuned and modified they can do 150-170 on bicycle wheels