Ladyboy killed in early morning traffic accident

webfact

Ladyboy killed in early morning traffic accident

By Albert Jack -

ladyboy.jpg?fit=2048,1152

PATTAYA: -- At 6.30am, on the morning of December 1, Pattaya police and medics were called to Sukavadee Village, Naklua, after reports that a man had been found dead in the road.

At the scene twenty-four year old Mr Wittawat Sermkaew told officers he was driving his pick-up truck to work when the victim, a ladyboy, suddenly appeared in front of him and he ran over the man.

The victim, who was not carrying identification, is though to have suffered multiple injuries including a broken neck.

The police believe the driver, due to the extent of front-end damage to the truck, may have been speeding in the area and will be referring to CCTV images.

The body of the dead man has been taken for autopsy and officers will attempt to make an identification.

Report shared by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/ladyboy-killed-early-morning-traffic-accident/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-01

The body of the dead man has been taken for autopsy and officers will attempt to make an identification

The victim, who was not carrying identification, is though to have suffered multiple injuries including a broken neck

Arrai Na?  The size of hisher heart, liver and...?  Officers will attempt to make an autopsy?

Isn't a broken neck and plenty of other broken bones  enough? 

Edited by lostinisaan

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

very sad, another young life taken on Thailand roads

RIP

Very sad indeed.  But oh so often i see people begin to cross roads or try to turn and merge into oncoming traffic without a single glance back.  I'm always surprised by that.  Even if the traffic education is lacking wouldn't one be motivated by the instinct of self-preservation and take extra care at a place where multi-ton machines move at a high rate of speed.  

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

No they should leave no stone un-turned...

An assumption is not good enough, somebody could have pumped him up with drugs, or shoot him and pushed him into the road.

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

No they should leave no stone un-turned...

An assumption is not good enough, somebody could have pumped him up with drugs, or shoot him and pushed him into the road.

Maybe both, when looking at the car it seems that he died instantly without suffering. Just another sad and unnecessary road accident. 

Would the driver be a foreigner, I wouldn't like to be in his/her skin now.

If the driver was sober and has first class insurance (paid) they will come to an agreement with the family.

I'm at a loss as to why Pattaya One on-line news has to publish photos of the victim laying in the road bleeding with head injuries clearly visible and not hazed out.  They show no respect, whatsoever for the victim, nor family members in my opinion.

The Police should not release photos of dead people to the news and be selective who can legally obtain them.

Edited by Kabula
added last sentence

6 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I'm at a loss as to why Pattaya One on-line news has to publish photos of the victim laying in the road bleeding with head injuries clearly visible and not hazed out.  They show no respect, whatsoever for the victim, nor family members in my opinion.

The Police should not release photos of dead people to the news and be selective who can legally obtain them.

No disrespect intended here, but ... is this really news worthy ?

Another Thai road accident - death. Is this news ?

17 hours ago, outre99 said:

Very sad indeed.  But oh so often i see people begin to cross roads or try to turn and merge into oncoming traffic without a single glance back.  I'm always surprised by that.  Even if the traffic education is lacking wouldn't one be motivated by the instinct of self-preservation and take extra care at a place where multi-ton machines move at a high rate of speed.  

Agreed...this is not a lack of training or education (thai dogs learn to cross the road safely)...this is just stupid 

Thai people...

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

Thais don't have the same attitude to death as Westerners. We prefer not to face/see reality, whereas in Thailand it is arguably the only time that they do. You'd like to think they learn from what they see, but they clearly do not because stupid or careless behaviour by both motorists and pedestrians happens every day..

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

They should show the photos to the guys who think they're untouchable on their motorbikes with bicycle rims. Perhaps starting at high schools? 

If the blur out the face it might help as a warning for others.

If it only saves one life, it did change something that really needs to be changed.

Kids who can't reach the street with their short legs, who drive their grandmoms around, etc....

Edited by lostinisaan

8 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

How damn fast was that pickup going get that much damage .  More info please as high speed was the main cause .  Or just another death , move on ?

An impact with 60 km/h does a huge damage. 

Please see: 

55 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

That is steel against steel not steel against a human body.

If you take a closer look at the damage you'll see that the grill and the bonnet were mostly damaged. A body weight of 60 kg can easily do such a damage when the driver did 60 km/h.

Cars these days aren't made as back in the old days and too much plastic crap doesn't make them better, maybe lighter.

I've seen an accident where a not too big dog ran into a Honda Accord that did about 90 km/h.

The car's front was completely a mess and in no way moveable. 

Does it really matter if he drove 60, or 80 km/h?

It doesn't say if there's a speed limit, so maybe 90 was allowed? 

It's very disgusting to show the dead body of the victim. And the nasty headline. 

Edited by lostinisaan

A troll post has been removed, if you have a problem with news stories please contact the news source, but do not come on here bad mouthing Thai Visa who reproduce news stories as they are published 

On 01/12/2016 at 4:13 PM, lostinisaan said:

The body of the dead man has been taken for autopsy and officers will attempt to make an identification

The victim, who was not carrying identification, is though to have suffered multiple injuries including a broken neck

Arrai Na?  The size of hisher heart, liver and...?  Officers will attempt to make an autopsy?

"Officers will attempt to make an autopsy?"

It said officers will attempt to make an identification, not an autopsy.  The purpose of an autopsy is to determine the cause of death, not the just the injuries suffered.

On 01/12/2016 at 7:35 PM, Just1Voice said:

And it was important to state the victim was a Ladyboy?  As if that made any difference.

Perhaps the thinking was that that information would help to identify the victim, so, yes, it was not only important but very relevant.

On 02/12/2016 at 9:46 AM, Kabula said:

The facial area on the photos were blurred.

People that don't like to see pictures of dead people should not live in Thailand, or stop reading the news, just go to any newsstand a look a the local newspapers, +75% chance there will be a picture of a dead person on the front page. Saw one picture (Thai newspaper) once of a woman burned to death in her car, in color, no a nice sight and I lost my appetite for breakfast that day.   

'

Thais have a completely different approach to this matter.

Why winching about that they mention that it was lady-boy? News agencies normally mention which gender did that murder and which gender did that bank robbery and so on.

35 minutes ago, i claudius said:

No political correctness here in Thailand , in Britain it would say "she ' was transgender , here anyone born a man stays a man .

Wise up, and look at the censorship and PC nonsense on this forum or in the press. How about the PC /cowards, that use the the words "bar girl" or even "his girlfriend", and refuse to use the word "prostitute.