Passport destroyed in washing

Looking for some advice

My passport was accidentally put in the was which is now destroyed this passport had my stamp in for Thailand.

The thing is I've got a second passport due to work does anyone have know how I could get this stamp put a into my new passport I also have my TM6 card with the admittance date into Thailand

Well immigration do this for me any advice would be very helpful

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

If you got a letter your embassy stating you passport was damaged and cancelled immigration might transfer your stamps to the other passport.

Otherwise they would do nothing until you got a new a passport to replace the one that was damaged.

12 hours ago, stevie123 said:

Hi joe
Just to let you know I already have a new passport it's a second one (Same nationality) obtained for work purposes. Will this make a difference

They would not transfer the stamps the new passport you have now without a letter from the embassy confirming your damaged passport and requesting immigration transfer your stamp to the other passport.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They would not transfer the stamps the new passport you have now without a letter from the embassy confirming your damaged passport and requesting immigration transfer your stamp to the other passport.

Hi Joe.

Don't know if it's different for those of us from down under but I had the same happen.  Went to the Embassy, filled out a form and they cancelled my damaged passport but allowed me to keep it.  Within two weeks I received, in the mail, my new passport, and took the two passports to immigration, who transferred everything over without any problem.  I did not receive any letter nor was one requested.  This was carried out at Udon Thani Immigration.

4 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Hi Joe.

Don't know if it's different for those of us from down under but I had the same happen.  Went to the Embassy, filled out a form and they cancelled my damaged passport but allowed me to keep it.  Within two weeks I received, in the mail, my new passport, and took the two passports to immigration, who transferred everything over without any problem.  I did not receive any letter nor was one requested.  This was carried out at Udon Thani Immigration.

The difference is that he already has a 2nd  passport. Not the same as applying for a replacement passport.

If I recall correctly Australia puts a stamp in the new passport stating it is a replacement for another passport with info about the old one.

• Like 1

As a last line of defence I keep my passport and holder in an A4 transparent sleeve when not in use or while in my pocket when travelling. This also keeps termites at bay.

I realise this is too late to help the OP but hope it proves useful :)

Edited by evadgib

Note this was several years back!

Immigration at CW transferred my extension from my nearly full passport (awaiting new one), to my second passport (same nationality).

No letter, but a little "lubrication" was required, they insisted that I cancel the old passport by cutting off the corner of the ID page (no problem as it was already being renewed).

Things may well be different now, but with embassy letter confirming destruction of old passport, old passport itself, and a good day it's worth a shot. Otherwise wait for the new passport to arrive.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The difference is that he already has a 2nd  passport. Not the same as applying for a replacement passport.

If I recall correctly Australia puts a stamp in the new passport stating it is a replacement for another passport with info about the old one.

My mistake, read but didn't absorb.  No stamp or anything in my passport outlining what you described, maybe that's why they allowed me to keep the damaged one to show immigration.

About five years ago, so maybe immigration are not so lenient now.

My only passport went through the wash while back in Glasgow on holiday. Luckily being in the right place I managed to get a replacement overnight. The corner was cut off my ruined one and returned to me.

However my Non Imm O multi entry visa was still readable. I never got it swapped over to my new passport and I reckon I made another four trips in and out of Thailand showing my new passport for the in/out stamps and my washed up one for the visa.

I was never once challenged on this, but ......... that was then and this is now.

That's the same as me my non b visa was washed along with my passport so I'm not sure if I could get it put into my new passport as my visa needs renewed. Maybe I will have to travel to Bangkok and go to the British embassy and take it from their. As my work permit will have a different passport number