Hello, my non immigrant O visa had expired and I got a 60 days extension at Jomtien immigration office because I'm married to a Thai. I'm allowed to stay until 15 December 2016. My passport expires 30 juli 2017 so I got to go get a new  one in my home country Belgium because I'm still registered there. What are my options to stay as long as possible in Thailand. I'm married to a Thai and got to fly home before 30 juli 2017.

Thanks.

you will have to leave Thailand on or before 15th December, unless you do a 1 year extension at local immigration office for being married to a Thai national. you will need to obtain a new passport, as soon you will have less than 6 months left and may start to have problems on entering  other countries.

I have to get a new passport in Belgium because I am still registered there, not at the Belgian embassy in BKK. It has changed since years.

My question was: How can I stay as long possible in Thailand. I was told to do a borderrun over land on 15 dec to get 15 days, then get a 30 days extension at immigration office. End of januari apply for a tourist visa single entry in Vientiane, get 60 days when entering Thailand. Then get a 60 days extension at Jomtien immigration because I am married to a Thai. If I do it this way I could stay until end of may. Or are there any better options?

You could get another single entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet or Vientiane since you still have more than 6 months remaining on your passport. Then a get another 60 day extension.

After that you would have to get a new passport.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

You can get a miltiple entry o visa from savannakhet or penang. When u get your new passport, you'll need to bring your expired passport for any entries.

Not likely with less than a year left on his passport. One year is needed to apply for one unless the consulate does not check.

On 12/5/2016 at 0:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

You could get another single entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet or Vientiane since you still have more than 6 months remaining on your passport. Then a get another 60 day extension.

After that you would have to get a new passport.

ubonjoe, I was told I could do a borderrun on 15 dec. to get 15 days and then go to immigration office and get 30 days. Then somewhere end januari get a visa single entry and after extend another 60 days at immigration office. Is that correct?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

ubonjoe, I was told I could do a borderrun on 15 dec. to get 15 days and then go to immigration office and get 30 days. Then somewhere end januari get a visa single entry and after extend another 60 days at immigration office. Is that correct?

Thanks

You could do a border run if you wanted to and get a 30 day extension of it.

You could also get a 60 day extension of it but that would be more than you need since you are going to need to get the single entry non-o before January 30th.