Teaching with ICT (technology) or teaching with Special needs?

davidst01

I'm writing this thread to ask your opinion regarding job opportunities within the 'ICT' & 'special needs' education area's. 

In any of the mid-level international schools in Bkk, for example, are there many job opportunities in either of the above areas?

I have an opportunity to study a 6 month course in either area and thus need help trying to decide which option would further my career. 

Many thanks if you're willing or able to comment. 

Depends partly on your own interests/experience which one would be best to study from a personal satisfaction point of view.. Mid size schools probably, on average,  have 2 ICT and 1 Learning Support teacher. So on those grounds alone there may be twice as many jobs in ICT. 

Do you have any current teaching experience and qualifications? Some schools, especially international, require a post grad certificate or BEd Degree and 2 years experience. You could contact a few head Teachers to try to get a feel for the numbers of Teachers they have in each discipline and also what qualifications/experience they require.

Good luck

Archived