West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Seems like the scammers are living up to their name, still what do you expect with the dildo bros in charge 23.gif

Diame threatens to report West Ham over dirty tactics to avoid release fee being activated

3.5 mill doesn't seem much, does it? Wet Sham must be kicking themselves.

5-2 Seems like our academy gave you a right pasting last night! thumbsup.gif

What !!!,obviously no budding Ferdinands, Coles, Lampards etc were playing and i thought the spammers were constantly producing world class players 24.gif

It was a cup game.

The previous league game was also v Tottenham. We won.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe this is still going on

Irons' Tevez debt almost paid

West Ham are close to drawing a line under the Carlos Tevez affair with their final payment to Sheffield United to be made before the summer.

The Hammers agreed an £18.1million compensation deal with Sheffield United in 2009 over Tevez' role in keeping the London club in the Premier League in 2007 at the expense of the Blades.

Under the compensation deal, the payments were staggered until 2013 - the Blades' latest accounts confirm that, and that a loan from Santander bank was taken out in 2010 secured against the payments from West Ham. As of June last year, the amount guaranteed stood at £8.5million, and the final £6million payment is due by July.

West Ham were fined £5million by a Premier League inquiry for breaching rules governing third-party ownership, but controversially no points were deducted and Tevez was permitted to play in the final three games of the season.

The club claimed they had unilaterally terminated their third-party agreement with the players' advisors, a consortium headed by Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez scored in the final match of the season as the Hammers survived and Sheffield United were relegated.

The Blades took the case to an independent tribunal which ruled that Tevez had been ineligible to play.

Third-party ownership of players is prohibited in English football - on the basis that if one person or company owns a number of players at different clubs it can lead to conflicts of interest.

UEFA has now pledged to introduce the same ban across Europe though there is opposition from some clubs, especially in Portugal and Italy, against such a move.

But UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino said: "We think this should be the case all over the world, certainly all over Europe. If FIFA will not do it, we will certainly do it as far as Europe is concerned."

The final payment from West Ham will be hugely important in financial terms to Sheffield United, now in League One, who last year reported a £13million loss.

The club have stated in their accounts that the income has helped maintain wage levels and pay off debts.

source:- http://www.teamtalk.com/west-ham-united/8497647/Irons-Tevez-debt-almost-paid

Hard to believe this is still going on

Irons' Tevez debt almost paid

West Ham are close to drawing a line under the Carlos Tevez affair with their final payment to Sheffield United to be made before the summer.

The Hammers agreed an £18.1million compensation deal with Sheffield United in 2009 over Tevez' role in keeping the London club in the Premier League in 2007 at the expense of the Blades.

Under the compensation deal, the payments were staggered until 2013 - the Blades' latest accounts confirm that, and that a loan from Santander bank was taken out in 2010 secured against the payments from West Ham. As of June last year, the amount guaranteed stood at £8.5million, and the final £6million payment is due by July.

West Ham were fined £5million by a Premier League inquiry for breaching rules governing third-party ownership, but controversially no points were deducted and Tevez was permitted to play in the final three games of the season.

The club claimed they had unilaterally terminated their third-party agreement with the players' advisors, a consortium headed by Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez scored in the final match of the season as the Hammers survived and Sheffield United were relegated.

The Blades took the case to an independent tribunal which ruled that Tevez had been ineligible to play.

Third-party ownership of players is prohibited in English football - on the basis that if one person or company owns a number of players at different clubs it can lead to conflicts of interest.

UEFA has now pledged to introduce the same ban across Europe though there is opposition from some clubs, especially in Portugal and Italy, against such a move.

But UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino said: "We think this should be the case all over the world, certainly all over Europe. If FIFA will not do it, we will certainly do it as far as Europe is concerned."

The final payment from West Ham will be hugely important in financial terms to Sheffield United, now in League One, who last year reported a £13million loss.

The club have stated in their accounts that the income has helped maintain wage levels and pay off debts.

source:- http://www.teamtalk....ebt-almost-paid

We only agreed to pay that parasite Kevin McCabe because the owners were desperate to sell and couldn't while there was uncertainty. The present owners would have told them to shove it.

The fine was for not disclosing a clause in the contract which potentially breached 3rd party influence rules. That clause being that if the owners decided to take them out of the club, they could do so for £150k. The copy of the contract submitted to the PL omitted that detail. The new owners revealed it.

The PL said that the players were not ineligible. An independent panel agreed with them. A tame retired judge found for Sheffield Utd.

Fortunately, Sheffield Utd continued to go down hill and have little to show for their windfall.

Word from the hood is that Ludo has reisgned/been sacked..

I know that he has had a very bad back this Year & hasn't been working a great deal so it's a shame as i love the old Boy..

However, the INTERESTING part is his proposed replacement, someone right out of my manor, Plaistow/Canning Town, West Ham Boy & joined at the hip with a certain Ex Manchester City Manager which makes it all very nervy for a certain Italian Chimpanzee me thinks..

Kevin Hitchcock !!

Too much of a coincidence surely ??

Inspector Clouseau has nothing on you Singhy, in fact put a moustache and a hat on you and you even look like him ohmy.gif .

I'm more Jessica Fletcher than that Lemon Closseau..wink.gif

He bleedin' well was an all it turned out! biggrin.png

I'm hearing you can't even fill your current ground for Monday's game. Is this true?

Dunno, but live TV games at night in winter are not easy to sell out..

According to the club website, there are less than 1k left..

Edited by tw25rw

I'm hearing you can't even fill your current ground for Monday's game. Is this true?

Dunno, but live TV games at night in winter are not easy to sell out..

According to the club website, there are less than 1k left..

So tw, whats your thoughts on giving sam a new contract? safety and he gets one? or will the get rid anyway, i'm 50 /50, sams methods are effective, but tbh if i were the owners i'm not so sure ide want to watch it week in week out.

I think he'll get one if he wants to stay. Personally, I'm 50/50. He's the sensible option in terms of security, but the football is horrible and we have wasted a lot of points by playing negatively against teams we should be able to dominate, especially last season, but also this one.

I think your probably right, seems 4 sure he will keep you up and thats really got to be the priority, you never know perhaps he will loosen the 'pragmatic' side of his methods when you are a touch more 'stable', though what does one reckon to stability? from stoke/10th downwards it's very close/competitive and a couple of slips and bottom 3 place beckons, there really are some good teams there just waiting 4 a slip and all capable of beatin teams above , wigan were EXCELLENT when they came to white hart lane tbh with the extra tv wedge coming to the prem, cant see much changing.

I'm hoping the new owners at Leeds make him a big offer that he can't refuse. It's not that I dislike the guy. I just think he's not as good as he thinks he is and find his football frustrating to watch. Last season was even worse until we came good about April.

yeah perhaps he's best of somewhere that will be eternnally grateful 4 results and happy just for that and nothing else, sort of like bolton were... its not rocket science the way he plays, just difficult to combat without reducing your team to like 4 like, big holding c/f and get it up to him asap and as the team progresses the quality of the options to get up beside the c/f improve, but basically it seems the same where ever he goes, as said b4 effective but aesthetically frustrating.

yeah perhaps he's best of somewhere that will be eternnally grateful 4 results and happy just for that and nothing else, sort of like bolton were... its not rocket science the way he plays, just difficult to combat without reducing your team to like 4 like, big holding c/f and get it up to him asap and as the team progresses the quality of the options to get up beside the c/f improve, but basically it seems the same where ever he goes, as said b4 effective but aesthetically frustrating.

To be fair tw your team needed to stay up this season and he will almost certainly achieve that. You can't really ask for much more from him.

Edit: Oops. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

More Edit: Sorry rij but that had me on the floor!

Edited by smokie36

To be fair tw your team needed to stay up this season and he will almost certainly achieve that. You can't really ask for much more from him.

Edit: Oops. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

More Edit: Sorry rij but that had me on the floor!

I don't think we are really relegation threatened. We have some tough games to come, but there are teams below us that really are poor.

I'm hoping the new owners at Leeds make him a big offer that he can't refuse. It's not that I dislike the guy. I just think he's not as good as he thinks he is and find his football frustrating to watch. Last season was even worse until we came good about April.

Fat Sam's probably holding out for the Real Madrid job what with all the speculation about Mourinho

I think he'll get one if he wants to stay. Personally, I'm 50/50. He's the sensible option in terms of security, but the football is horrible and we have wasted a lot of points by playing negatively against teams we should be able to dominate, especially last season, but also this one.

As a neutral i suspect i am not alone in that i have always had a soft spot for West Ham due to the way they always played the game. Win, lose or draw they have always had a reputation for playing good aesthetically attractive football. I watched the game against Villa the other week and it was truly awful, like two Sunday pub teams. Sad to see the West Ham tactics which was basically hoof it upfield to the Carthorse in the hope that he might surprise everybody and actually do something. I fear this is all Big Sam knows, it must be so frustrating for the die hard fans who are used to so much better. It's just not the West Ham way. Personally i would get rid of him and appoint Nigel Adkins who i would have thought would be ideal for them, has a reputation for attractive positive football, played the right way.

Just my two cents worth.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all,I'm good and well,and more than happy with our current league position,obviously very disappointed with the defeat the other week,that said I have great admiration for Gareth Bale he is a magnificent player,sadly as usual it's unlikely Spurs will keep hold of him.

I think we're good for another season in the Prem and the promise of playing our fellow London clubs always makes for decent viewing regardless of the predictable outcomes.

Stoneyboy you can comfort yourself in the fact that no other London club will win anything also! so at the end of the season there is not much difference for all the talk is there! ;-)

Stoneyboy you can comfort yourself in the fact that no other London club will win anything also! so at the end of the season there is not much difference for all the talk is there! ;-)

Is not qualifying for Cl sort of winning something red ? and i think we've got more chance of winning the Europa cup than you have of winning the CL.

Word from the hood is that Ludo has reisgned/been sacked..

I know that he has had a very bad back this Year & hasn't been working a great deal so it's a shame as i love the old Boy..

However, the INTERESTING part is his proposed replacement, someone right out of my manor, Plaistow/Canning Town, West Ham Boy & joined at the hip with a certain Ex Manchester City Manager which makes it all very nervy for a certain Italian Chimpanzee me thinks..

Kevin Hitchcock !!

Too much of a coincidence surely ??

Inspector Clouseau has nothing on you Singhy, in fact put a moustache and a hat on you and you even look like him ohmy.gif .

I'm more Jessica Fletcher than that Lemon Closseau..wink.gif

He bleedin' well was an all it turned out! biggrin.png

Please explain.

And what happened to Singher, he used to talk a bit of sense.